Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Riverside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riverside
    Posted: March 25 2020 at 16:17
Listening/watching Riverside's Reality Dream DVD, and holy crap, this really hits the spot. Can't believe this was recorded 12 years ago. What a band! Love Duda's vocals...incredible. Really tight and Piotr's (RIP) guitar playing is spot on. His style is the perfect embellishment to the music.

Any Riverside fans?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 16:37
Huge fan, saw them last yr for first time, I was a bit underwhelmed but could have been due to Seattle was last show of the US tour. 
It was a small venue too........

I have all their albums on vinyl, they are some of my most expensive albums based on Discogs resell values. Losing Piotr was huge, I'm hoping the new guitarist will bring some of that magic back. Duda's vocals are excellent, I'm glad some of the heavier elements came back on Wasteland.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 17:23
Big fan of Riverside and also the side project of Mariusz Duda, Lunatic Soul.  He also just released a YT of more of a singer/songwriter piece he wrote.  Another genre I enjoy, I found it quite worth the listen.  I also saw them last year, but in Portland, also in a pretty small crummy club, but enjoyed the show, despite having to stand the whole time, which is hard for me physically.  Well worth it, though.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 00:50
The voice is the big thing for me. Love a baritone. The timbre is fantastic. Overall certainly a brilliant band musicianship wise and would highly recommend their albums like ADHD and REM.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 03:52
Nice to see a thread on this great band! Clap
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 05:07
Love them. Although Love, Fear And The Time Machine might not be a really prog album (which I disagree), it's one of the best albums I've ever heard.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 14:54
Huge Riverside fan.
I was booked in to see them (and Camel) at the Rambling Man festival a few years ago and was gutted when Iwas too ill to go. That meant I never saw them with Piotr.
All there albums are very good, but Second Life Syndrome is amazing.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
elektrykbestia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elektrykbestia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 18:15
Yes, love Riverside! Have seen them twice in NJ! I'm also Polish so maybe that makes me like them even more! But no, I really do love them alot! Even more than Porcupine Tree Smile That's just me though! 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqN9KdS_1375gZLG-A0X2w?view_as=subscriber
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2020 at 01:06
Odd one out here...never listen to Riverside! can yous please point me the best album to start with?
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2020 at 02:15
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Odd one out here...never listen to Riverside! can yous please point me the best album to start with?

Well, you can start with their debut and listen chronologically, you will understand their evolution and how the loss of their guitarist affected them and their music.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2020 at 06:07
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Well, you can start with their debut and listen chronologically, you will understand their evolution and how the loss of their guitarist affected them and their music.

Thank you I`ll check it out
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
ProfPanglos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 23:10
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Huge fan, saw them last yr for first time, I was a bit underwhelmed but could have been due to Seattle was last show of the US tour. 

I have all their albums on vinyl, they are some of my most expensive albums based on Discogs resell values. Losing Piotr was huge, I'm hoping the new guitarist will bring some of that magic back. Duda's vocals are excellent, I'm glad some of the heavier elements came back on Wasteland.

Huge fan as well, and also was at the 2019 Seattle show!  
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2020 at 01:53
Originally posted by ProfPanglos ProfPanglos wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Huge fan as well, and also was at the 2019 Seattle show!  
Clap
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 11:16
Does anyone know what the story is with ID.Entity?  Amazon is only selling the CD for $50+.   InsideOut seems to indicate that they are out of stock on the CD but will re-stock and send out in a few weeks. 

Does anyone have a first impression on the new album?
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 11:22
^That's the 3 CD version. The single CD is $16. Lasercd has it in stock.

I like the new album but don't purchase many physical copies any more.

Edited by Grumpyprogfan - February 06 2023 at 11:25
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 11:46
Thank you for the info.  I will take a look at Lasercd.  I think that I have ordered from there before.  I still prefer to have the physical copy of CDs, but admittedly mostly listen to the music once I've uploaded the digital copy to my phone. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 13:08
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Does anyone know what the story is with ID.Entity?  Amazon is only selling the CD for $50+.   InsideOut seems to indicate that they are out of stock on the CD but will re-stock and send out in a few weeks. 

Does anyone have a first impression on the new album?

LasersEdge has the CD, I just saw $13 I think........The album took me a couple spins, but I like it a lot. The first time I heard Friend or Foe it really sounded like A-Ha, that synth beat. But YouTube stinks for music, once I got the record it sounded much better.
New guitarist is on task!!!! Clap
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 16:40

I'm fond of Out of Myself and Second Life Syndrome, but not the later albums.
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 16:50
^If I could only choose one Riverside album, it would be ADHD. Gets better every time I hear it.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 16:50
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

I'm fond of Out of Myself and Second Life Syndrome, but not the later albums.

Same here. I don't get the hype about Riverside. Too much of a Porcupine Tree production ripoff going on for my tastes. I also don't like the aerie fairiness about them. They're OK but apparently hit a spot with a lot of folks out there :)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>