Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lazland Playlist 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lazland Playlist 2
    Posted: March 28 2020 at 11:36
Well, I haven’t done this for some time, and when I went on to my original playlist blog thingy, found it had been locked.

I just thought I would share the playlist put together this afternoon for my usual Saturday night ironing and music fest, and this one is entitled.........My Corona. 

All of them are, I hope, themed around the present difficulties we all face. Music is a release.

Hells Bells. AC/DC. Dark and brooding, one of the best metal tracks of all time

The Quiet Room. Alice Cooper. From my favourite album of his, emotional and searing

Mea Culpa. Arena. I had to have one from Contagion

Moviedrome. Arena. We are not, after all, Immortal?

The Hanging Tree. Arena. Where we will want to go after more than a few weeks of lockdown

Telling The Bees. Big Big Train. We can actually hear and delight in them in the absence of traffic

Homesong. BBT. We are spending a fair bit of time here, after all

Die Young. Sabbath. Loved it from the first time I got the album as a callow yoof

Breathless. Camel. Yes, I know it is bad tasteLOL

Lasts, or Echelon. Charlotte Church. If you haven’t heard it, do so. Exceptional

New World. Dave Kerzner. Any hope of us having one after all this?

Take a Breath. David Gilmour. Well, hopefully, anyway

Perfect Strangers. Deep Purple. What we are becoming in lockdown

Last Minute on Earth. Flower Kings. Apocalypse Now 

Ghost Nation. Gary Numan. Lockdown and the impact on our streets. His last album, from which this is taken, Savage, is astounding

Looking for Someone. Genesis. Appropriate

Fading Lights. Genesis. Love this, and the lights are going out across the world. Good news re pollution, though

Solitude. IO Earth. Are we getting used to it?

Harvest of Souls. IQ. The lurgy......Dead

Epitaph. King Crimson. The ultimate song of remembrance, with thoughts of Bill Reiflin 

In My Time Of Dying. Led Zeppelin. What, you weren’t expecting uplifting, were you?LOL

Before The End. Levellers. A love song, really, from one of my favourite bands

Distant Days. Lee Abraham. Yes, they sure feel like it

Underground. Lindsey Buckingham. I think I might........from a superb album, Gift of Screws

The Great Escape. Marillion. Because every playlist must have a track from them, and this seems the most appropriate in these dark times. Staggeringly beautiful 

Incommunicado. Marillion. Seems appropriate

The New Kings. Marillion. f**k Everyone And Run

Afraid of Everything. Pendragon. From the latest, utterly classic album, and decidedly appropriate

The Last Man On Earth. Pendragon. I watched a film this week with Peter Danklage on a similar theme. Very good it was, too

Moribund The Burgermeister. Peter Gabriel. It’s the work of the devil

No Self Control. Gabriel. Dedicated to all the morons being stopped in Wales travelling in their caravans to the Pembrokeshire coast by the police

Wish You Were Here. Pink Floyd. The ultimate song of loneliness and missed companionship 

Lazarus. Porcupine Tree. We will rise again

My Iron Lung. Radiohead. Well, I hope none of you reading this need one

Karma Police. Radiohead. This could almost be written for today’s social media society

Vielnecht Das Nachsta Mal. Rainbow. My favourite solo piece from Blackmore. Staggering

Amused to Death. Roger Waters. Says it all. This species has amused itself to death

Goodbye to Yesterday. Spock’s Beard. It will, though, come back. A haunting track

Please Don’t Touch. Steve Hackett. Keep that social distancing going, folks!

Perfect Life. Steven Wilson. This strikes me as the perfect track to describe collective emotions

We all Need Some Light. Transatlantic. From the first, and best, album. Boy, do we need it!

The Emperor in his War Room. VDGG. Boris. Donald. Xi. God help us all

I’m One. The Who. This remains my favourite Townsend composition

So, five hours of music to look forward to tonight. Start time very soon.

Stay well everybody.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 11:51
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Epitaph. King Crimson. The ultimate song of remembrance, with thoughts of Bill Reiflin 
Amused to Death. Roger Waters. Says it all. This species has amused itself to death

Hi,

Nice list ... I'll have to dupe it for my car travels.

EPITAPH is always valuable and important and when it was done it was about the Irish thing and Vietnam ... but for rock fans and top ten aficionados, those two events were cartoons, not real, because they weren't there ... good thing they weren't in WW1 or WW2 anywhere in Europe, right?

AMUSED TO DEATH. I love this album and used to blast it on my VW Bus, VERY LOUD ... but as much as I like this album, ANGE's EMILE JACOTEY (15 or so years earlier) is a far better and more enjoyable album, although it really is a "memory" of a time that was hard and difficult ... which is what the album is about ... whereas Roger's is more about contemporary events than it would be a "concept" album reliant on a story or major event. One of the things you find in Europe after WW2 is so many films telling stories about what happened, and how, and every family was busted up and ... all the hell that most rock fans have no idea about, and rely on bad lyrics and an album cover title to think that is the definition of "dark" .... 

Edited by moshkito - March 28 2020 at 11:53
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 15:22
My playlist is empty today. I call it Silent Covidity.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 17:38
Nice list Steve.....really good stuff there. Had a listening session last night downstairs sitting in front of the audio system, first song I spun was BeeGees, Stayin Alive......
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 02:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Nice list Steve.....really good stuff there. Had a listening session last night downstairs sitting in front of the audio system, first song I spun was BeeGees, Stayin Alive......

And make sure you do, Jose!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this list last night. I staggered to bed, somewhat worst for wear after a number of beers and scotch, at 1.30 a.m.

The mother in law is still talking to me this morningLOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 10:25

I thoroughly enjoyed this list last night. I staggered to bed, somewhat worst for wear after a number of beers and scotch, at 1.30 a.m.

LOL!!! LOLLOL

Maybe she is asking about your playlist, or how come ur wearing the same cloths from last night!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 10:40

LOL!!! LOLLOL

Maybe she is asking about your playlist, or how come ur wearing the same cloths from last night!

LOL

Actually, she really is perfectly lovely. The wife and I were speaking to her downstairs about half an hour ago, and she said that she was “aware” that I was playing music, but didn’t bother her at all.

I have to say that I was somewhat drunk, and it was blasting.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2020 at 11:08
^ Blasting is good.......
 Post Reply Post Reply