Poll Question: Which do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [47.06%]
27 [52.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2020 at 22:20
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Hogarth led Marillion is one of the few bands that literally makes me want to vomit
Fish led Marillion is one of my favorite bands of all time and so is IQ
Subterranea is one of the best neo-prog albums ever so i think you get my drift :)

I agree with this sentiment about H marillion. God it’s unbearable and the fans just eat it up...

Except invisible man that’s a cool song but that’s it!
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 00:12
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I agree with this sentiment about H marillion. God it’s unbearable and the fans just eat it up...

I agree.

IQ is not one of my favorites either, but at least can be listened

Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 04:59

Hogarth led Marillion is one of the few bands that literally makes me want to vomit
Subterranea is one of the best neo-prog albums ever so i think you get my drift :)

Amazing. I thought the Fish led band was great, but I think Hogarth has taken them to new heights.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 05:01

"literally"? really? wow... 

Whatever happened to people simply saying they dislike something? Confused But I guess overreactions are cool, look cool on the internet or something... 
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 05:38
Not a big fan of either really, but certainly prefer IQ to Hogarth era Marillion, which I find quite tedious. Brave bores and depresses me in equal measure.

Subteranea gets the vote.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 06:27
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Amazing. I thought the Fish led band was great, but I think Hogarth has taken them to new heights.

I actually love misplaced childhood. I tried throwing on my script record not long ago and I wasn’t impressed by the production at all. I’m sure it has been cleaned up with a good remaster though.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 06:28
And IQ is a weird band for me. I think Road Of Bones is a great, 5 star album. But nothing else has really grabbed me.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 06:50
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

"literally"? really? wow... 

Whatever happened to people simply saying they dislike something? Confused But I guess overreactions are cool, look cool on the internet or something... 
In an era where strong vocal exclamations are aimed toward people or things that are not liked I suppose that's to be expected.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 07:58
Tough choice. Voted for Brave 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 08:43

A tad extreme, don’t you think?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 11:48
IQ for this one.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 12:38
Brave (but I dont remember Subterranea).
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clepsydra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 16:55
BRAVE and H Marillion IS THE BEST! THank you!!!
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clepsydra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 16:55
H Marillion BLOWS AWAY FISH!!!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 17:39
Nice speech bro
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 17:46
Brave is such a wonderful album , they are both wonderful but I`m voting for Brave. Tongue
friso View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 02:32
IQ
I'm guitarist and songwriter for the prog-related band Mother Bass. Find us at http://www.motherbass.com. I also enter stages throughout the Netherlands performing my poetry.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 05:29

Yeah. Marillion were brilliant until they released script...the versions they recorded were no where near as OTT as the original songs...if you can get the friday rock show recordings, listen to them..
Far superior to the more commercial versions on their debut...a sell out that IQ took three releases to do...
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 01:45
I'm not a fan of Brave at all . Even when I saw it performed live in it's entirety I was very underwhelmed. A few years later I saw IQ do Subterranea at the Astoria and remember being mesmerised by Mike Holmes guitar playing. The guy was ( and still is) a class act , just couldn't take my eyes off him! They also did Last Human Gateway as an encore so that was a memorable night. Generally I prefer anything by IQ over Marillion although I like both bands. IQ lost their was in the 80's when Nicholls left and they never recovered that ground in terms of popularity although it's kinda kept them 'honest' and I'm always very glad that they are respected for at least being persistent if nothing else!  
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 03:26
Originally posted by Clepsydra Clepsydra wrote:

H Marillion BLOWS AWAY FISH!!!!
I'm a big fan of Fish Marillion and just a fan of H Marillion, I guess it gets down to taste which you prefer. But Brave was an awesome album Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>