0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 15:33
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

If I could, just a little bit above Grey and Pink. Only because Love to Love you is quite a stinker. If I could is consistent from the start to the end. 

I think Love to Love You is brilliant!!
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 15:44
Grey and Pink followed by Plump.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 22:12
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

If I could, just a little bit above Grey and Pink. Only because Love to Love you is quite a stinker. If I could is consistent from the start to the end. 
I think all three first albums are really consistent, no fillers.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:38
Aw c’mon. Grey and Pink. Still appreciate The Album and Paradise Filter and all, but honestly, Grey and Pink can’t be beat.

Edited by Tom Ozric - April 04 2020 at 07:39
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 07:53
Hi,

FOR GIRLS ... is by far one of my favorite albums of all time.

HOWEVER, I really have a soft spot for THE NEW SINFONIA album which is fabulous, specially the remastered and complete (in order!!!) version that the LP didn't have, which also has added music for it, which fit beautifully, and it all just shows what a magnificent band it was ... it's a real shame, because this would be a precious SYMPHONIC top album (literally!!!) and instead it is ignored because one album supposedly helped define "progressive music", which I do not think it's true ... I kinda think it is jazzy pop sometimes, with a lot of rock in it. Progressive in its ability and mix, but not much else.

They have too many great albums ... and I like their next 3 albums after FOR GIRLS ... a lot. Much more than the really early stuff ... but the whole family thing that started as CARAVAN, had so many folks that were a part of the CANTERBURY scene, it's not funny! No wonder they are called "Caravan".

Edited by moshkito - April 04 2020 at 07:55
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 10:39
"New Symphonia" is my favorite as well, although I love the first 7 studio albums. But this, IMHO, is the greatest fusion of band and orchestra I've ever heard. They are not just a background but an actual part of the songs -- this orchestra COOKS!
PROGMATIC
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 13:08
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Grey and Pink followed by Plump.

This....
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 15:30
For the Girls...
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 00:00
Thought If I Could Do It All Over Again, I´d Do It All Over You would have a stronger turn out here. Pleasantly surprised that For Girls Who Grow Plump In the Night is currently distant second. 
cemego View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 00:08
Land of Grey and Pink.. but really, anything with Richard Sinclair.
listen to streaming stuff! no commercials!

http://wmom.servemp3.com:8000/listen.pls
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 01:54
Originally posted by cemego cemego wrote:

Land of Grey and Pink.. but really, anything with Richard Sinclair.
Ditto !
Sinclair is outstanding. Anything he touches is gold.
......not bad for a Carpenter ha ha.

Edited by Tom Ozric - April 05 2020 at 01:56
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2020 at 02:28
In The Land Of Grey And Pink  
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Tendiwa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tendiwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2020 at 14:14
I voted If I Could Do It All Over Again, but I considered voting for their self titled album. A close second. Caravan hadn't fully developed their style yet, but it's a very charming psychedelic album.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2020 at 15:19
If I could do it again i'd do it all over you followed by Land of grey and pink followed by Girls that grow plums in the night..

The remastered and complete 'with the new Symphonia' and the Fairfield hall 74 (best of Caravan) live lps are real gems also.

I also have a fondness for Cunning Stunts and Better by Far despite a few cheesy songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12