Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Legacy of Covid 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: After Covid 19 will we be living in a changed world?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [10.00%]
15 [50.00%]
10 [33.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 09:35

Edited by SteveG - April 14 2020 at 11:09
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 16:29
It would be nice if there were significant changes. An international agreement should be put in place that all nations can agree to cooperate with for the next pandemic that takes place. Each country will need to take a long hard look at their own policies to see where they can do better.

As for the U.S., maybe people won't vote in idiots that dismantle portions of the federal government that would have reacted quicker to this pandemic or fill important cabinet positions with industry lobbyists. Maybe people will listen to scientists for a change and take what they say seriously. Maybe we can finally hash out a universal health care system and strengthen our social safety nets. Maybe we can put some sort of policies in place that can pause an economy during a pandemic so that when it is over people can return to their jobs and still retain their businesses. I'm not going to hold my breath that any of this will happen.

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 17:55
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

It would be nice if there were significant changes. An international agreement should be put in place that all nations can agree to cooperate with for the next pandemic that takes place. Each country will need to take a long hard look at their own policies to see where they can do better.

As for the U.S., maybe people won't vote in idiots that dismantle portions of the federal government that would have reacted quicker to this pandemic or fill important cabinet positions with industry lobbyists. Maybe people will listen to scientists for a change and take what they say seriously. Maybe we can finally hash out a universal health care system and strengthen our social safety nets. Maybe we can put some sort of policies in place that can pause an economy during a pandemic so that when it is over people can return to their jobs and still retain their businesses. I'm not going to hold my breath that any of this will happen.

All of that would be nice, the greed of the self-centered and the propaganda they spread gets in the way.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 21:42
I voted 2 but I expect/fear 1.  Like Lazland, I believe this will spur a quantum leap in automation.  Much greater surveillance of our activities will also be accepted in order to protect us from future pandemics. The recession is also going to be long and painful.  Those expecting a V shaped recovery must be dreaming.  That would have been possible with a co-ordinated response across the world but with the chaos and bickering, the recovery will be chaotic and uneven too.  The US political establishment still appears to believe in outdated economic theories and doesn't understand concepts like velocity of money. A smaller stimulus but one directed towards the little guy would have been far more effective because spending the same unit of money several times over is what spurs demand.  But nah, always big business, big banks, big everything, always bigly.  Our own stimulus has been woefully inadequate. But at least we have a BBB- rating and the idiot credit rating agencies will actually punish us for doing the right thing, so we are constrained (thus giving our own idiot Finance Minister a wonderful alibi).  What does US have to lose?  You print the world's reserve currency and you still debate and curtail the bailout in the face of Great Depression levels of unemployment?  Just doesn't compute.  
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2020 at 09:37
What disaster does not effect change. Think of the world after 9/11.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2020 at 11:51
Chinese Wuhan SARS-2 Coronavirus probably isn't the "big one," but when it happens it will happen almost exactly like this
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2020 at 12:37
I will call this the next big paradigme shift hich we will dile our callander and history books after. It will guide our science and political agenda and be a small stone which will have impact on change in both small and large term.

Edited by Icarium - April 16 2020 at 12:39
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 06:04
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

I will call this the next big paradigme shift hich we will dile our callander and history books after. It will guide our science and political agenda and be a small stone which will have impact on change in both small and large term.

Hi,

I'm not exactly a pessimist (wouldn't be alive if that were the case!), but the sad fact is that the only way something will get done and the garbage and smog wars handled is if somewhere, several millions of people get sick and fall from it ... at that point, I think that some world leaders will see this A LOT LESS as a political tool like a couple of folks are doing ... and begin doing something about it, instead of playing online war games complete with great UI's ... for their daily addiction to manipulation and games. 

And maybe some dictators and bad systems will fall with it ... but then, I'm not sure a malady gives a damn who is under it or not ... it hasn't before, and it could also be considered a war ... which was the case in WW1 and WW2 when more innocents died for no cause than anything else ... but what it left behind was not only ugly ... we continue to invest in it!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 06:09
Option #2. I fear that this might not be just a once in a lifetime incident. Moreover, this pandemic proves to be a powerful tool for imposing some political agendas.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 06:31
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Option #2. I fear that this might not be just a once in a lifetime incident. Moreover, this pandemic proves to be a powerful tool for imposing some political agendas.
your last sentence has been on my mind for weeks. I worry for the sh*t our politicos will impose on us folk in the future.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 07:38
I'm thinking it will be making things bad in the short term but it will probably end up being like the flu of 1918 where we will need to get a vaccine every year. 

Edited by Slartibartfast - April 25 2020 at 07:38
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 21:57
I almost voted for the first one but went with the second.

After this is over no more hugs or hand shaking other than close friends and relatives. 
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 11:16
Fifth (and final) option: it just will go worse.
Today's news headlines just confirm it.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2020 at 12:48
Six people died in our county yesterday. If that rate continues we are talking over 2,000 for the year from today. The government recently reopened a lot of things and the death rate is moving upwards.

Edited by Easy Money - June 03 2020 at 13:56
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12