Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucid Planet - Progressive rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karvool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucid Planet - Progressive rock
    Posted: May 06 2020 at 06:41

Lucid Planet is a 4 piece band from Melbourne Australia. They have released their debut self titled album in 2015. At the moment they are finishing their second album.

Edited by karvool - May 06 2020 at 06:43
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 06:48
I did not want to be the guy that tells you this but:
 - read the submission rules.
 - read about the prog subgenres. 

then think about submitting an artist and for what subgenre. 
karvool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karvool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 07:01
This is an underground DIY band. I really don't know much details about their biography. All the info I have is from their website (but the rules forbid to copy-paste bio from there).
They are not signed to any label, but still you are able to buy it, from google for example: https://play.google.com/store/music/artist?id=Amuhsvwjqohmbxydhinqzqbvot4

Concerning sub-genre, I really don't know which one is the primary one for this guys, they mixed a lot there.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 07:08
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/lucid-planet/?ac=lucid%20pl

it seems the progressive metal team will take a look at them.
I'll also check if they've ever been suggested before.

Edited by Cristi - May 06 2020 at 07:09
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 08:40
It has some nice heavy sections and there are some Tool similarities, but there is also a psychedelic/spacey feel that underlies it all most of the time.  It doesn't look like it was suggested before.  I will run it through the PM team and see what they think.

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 17:12
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

It doesn't look like it was suggested before.  I will run it through the PM team and see what they think.
Indeed it HAS been suggested before, and I remember it well (March 2016). Embarrassed

Tried my best to get the suggestion noticed at the time, but failed miserably lol! The suggestion thread has since been locked, but you might find it interesting to have a quick look anyway: progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=106230.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 18:46
Well, interestingly enough, there is no record of it having been considered by the team at that time, so I don't know if it got missed or what happened.  I misspoke and should have said it hadn't been considered, even though it was obviously suggested.  Anyway, I am sending it through now and have put it on the PM's chart to vote on.

Edited by TCat - May 06 2020 at 18:47

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 19:01
Lucid Planet has been added to the Archives by the Progressive Metal team https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=11443

Post Reply Post Reply