Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Many new reviews are not shown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homotopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Many new reviews are not shown
    Posted: May 08 2020 at 10:21
Not sure this belongs to the "Prog Lounge" but I didn't find where to rise this question.
We've got this Latest Progressive Rock Music Reviews section on the main page, but apparently most of the latest reviews don't make it to this list. It turns out that if you've voted for an album and than at some point add a review, it's considered some kind of a correction and humanity won't see it unless one comes to the album page itself. I find this incorrect: a new review is a new review. Among strange things about how the site works this baffles me the most.

Edited by Homotopy - May 08 2020 at 10:22
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 10:26
^Indeed, this is not related to music so moved it from the lounge to the site related subforum.

This is a feature of the site unfortunately, and it can't be changed or worked around except by asking to delete the rating and then posting the review as if it was a new one.
Homotopy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homotopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 12:17
Yeah, thanks. I thought my post got deleted so I came here in search of the right place to post in, and suddenly here it is despite "Find Members Posts" not showing anything for me. Funny, another strange thing about the way the site works.

That's unfortunate this can't be fixed. I'm honestly very surprised, I thought it's easy (I'm a coder myself though I don't really make sites). For example, it's strange the rating can't be deleted automatically if there was no review before.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 12:22
I've noticed that too and it's pretty irritating but overall minor
I think the way around it is to ask an admin to delete your rating before you post your review

Another irritating thing is that, when you are the first reviewer of an album, the review shows up on the front page as "First review of the album", but only if nobody has reviewed OR rated it.  So even prior ratings will keep your first review from getting credited.  

Post Reply Post Reply