Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard vs Tame Impala
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard vs Tame Impala

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which Aussie new psych act do you like the mosr
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [85.71%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard vs Tame Impala
    Posted: May 10 2020 at 04:01
Two important psych act whom have a wide audience appeal yet shows real sense of explorative music. Keeping the psych feeling alive.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 04:14
I have 11 King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard albums and only 2 Tame Impala albums, so my vote can only go to King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 04:17
And yes, they are a natural pairing of groups to place in a poll, although Tame Impala is distinctly less prog than King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 04:58
Both are very good, but King Gizzard is probably my favorite band of the 2010s
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 08:46
I wanted to like King Gizzard because of all the hype in prog circles, even went to see a show of theirs. But I had to come to terms with it that they are just boring and poor songwriters and not very good musicians. Not a single song left me wanting to go back for more. 

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Tame Impala, but they've at least written some good tunes and have some awesome synth. I can normally enjoy myself listening to them.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 10:18
Originally posted by POTA POTA wrote:

I wanted to like King Gizzard because of all the hype in prog circles, even went to see a show of theirs. But I had to come to terms with it that they are just boring and poor songwriters and not very good musicians. Not a single song left me wanting to go back for more. 

I can't help but sorta feel the same way. Even with all the genre hopping they do it all seems rather one note. They do vaguely annoying earwormy hooks pretty well. Underdeveloped and unvaried songwriting from what I've heard though. Still, you could do much worse, and they aren't poor musicians at any rate. 
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 10:48
How can someone listen to Polygondwanaland and think "not very good musicians"

You don't get where Gizz are or gain that kind of following off of bad, boring songwriting and poor musicianship.

Edited by dougmcauliffe - May 10 2020 at 10:51
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Imperial Zeppelin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imperial Zeppelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 11:05
Not very big on Tame Impala. I do love King Gizzard though, they are very fun to listen to.
"Hey there, Dog Man, now I drink from your bowl."
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 11:52
Lizard Wizard 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 04:38
I really from a bass players pov digs Kevins playing, creative bass lines, melodic and shows a wide pocket of grooves. Seemsxto channel different decades of bass playing, from 90s whole ostinato bass lines, to 80s chorus style bass to high attack 60s/70s bass from Kevin Parker aka mr Tame Impala

Edited by Icarium - May 12 2020 at 04:39
 Post Reply Post Reply