Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Tech Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which synth have you owned that you won't forget?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which synth have you owned that you won't forget?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2022 at 05:06
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I'm a guitarist/bassist, not a bricklayer, Jim!  

Therefore, most of my keyboards have been little toy Casio type things (which, when amplified through guitar FX and played through a 50 watt amp, sound quite amazing).  

The only "keyboard" I own was inspired by King Crimson's show in Chicago, 26 Sept 2014.  I was gob-smacked to see band members summoning lush, loud Mellotron patches using...errrr...i-Pads???  Jaw-dropping! 

I did my research and Mr Fripp spoke fondly of the "Mellotronics M-300" app for i-Pad.  I downloaded the app to my i-Pad, it is great fun, playing the rich vocal intro of "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" and annoying my wife!!  I don't believe the app is available in the USA anymore, but there are other similar apps.  Highly recommended, as virtually anyone can play a Mellotron and sound good!  

I have this, great sounding app!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12