Topic ClosedRoger Waters Wacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roger Waters Wacked
    Posted: May 19 2020 at 08:53
More of Roger Waters cryin like a 2yr old in poopy diapers. LOL "The mean guy won't let me on his website to play..." All of a sudden Waters wants to bury the hatchet.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 11:40
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

More of Roger Waters cryin like a 2yr old in poopy diapers. LOL "The mean guy won't let me on his website to play..." All of a sudden Waters wants to bury the hatchet.

Not all of a sudden. They did bury the hatchet fifteen years ago or so otherwise they wouldn't have played together at live8. It seems that David Gilmour still holds a grudge though and is being a bit selfish. Too bad. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 11:53
Did anyone notice that Waters released a new version of "Mother"?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 12:04
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Yes and that is what is sparked Rogers whining again.....He's crying cause the Mother video will not be posted on the Pink Floyd website.

It's Roger being Roger....LOL
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 12:45
If they're Pink Floyd fans they're much more likely to find it through youtube then on the PF website. I haven't listened to the band in months and i've still gotten the video recommended to me by youtube several times. It seems fair to me that David, a person who has been bad mouthed by Roger for years, had all his creative input blocked out over time in the band, and had all his music with PF post Roger trashed, might not want to start associating with him again just because Rogers ready. We're in a pandemic and Roger Waters just can't help himself but complain about a non-issue. Dude has enough money to just buy a google or facebook ad and advertise his cover there, I'm sure many more people would see it. He's just making drama to keep himself busy and entertained.

Edited by dougmcauliffe - May 19 2020 at 12:47
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 12:49
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Not all of a sudden. They did bury the hatchet fifteen years ago or so otherwise they wouldn't have played together at live8. It seems that David Gilmour still holds a grudge though and is being a bit selfish. Too bad. 

You can see it was a facade really.

Roger physically overplays his part and David looks like the old curmudgeon we've known him since the 80/90's.

Yes, we've seen the Mother rework, but also a relatively dumb intervention crying some more about David's ownership of Floyd. Roger shouldn't post when drunk.

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 13:00
Seems petty of David to exclude Roger but given Roger's behaviour over the years I can'y blame his pettiness.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 13:08
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

If they're Pink Floyd fans they're much more likely to find it through youtube then on the PF website. I haven't listened to the band in months and i've still gotten the video recommended to me by youtube several times. It seems fair to me that David, a person who has been bad mouthed by Roger for years, had all his creative input blocked out over time in the band, and had all his music with PF post Roger trashed, might not want to start associating with him again just because Rogers ready. We're in a pandemic and Roger Waters just can't help himself but complain about a non-issue. Dude has enough money to just buy a google or facebook ad and advertise his cover there, I'm sure many more people would see it. He's just making drama to keep himself busy and entertained.

Roger needs to get over it, so yea. Plus David has stated recently that Pink Floyd is over, done, kaput he has no interest in doing anything new Pink Floyd. 
So I suppose Roger will stay the course and issue The Wall v.10 LOL
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2020 at 14:31

Yeah, I listened to about a minute of it. His voice is shot.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 01:38
Nick Mason is the true custodian of Pink Floyd these days...
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 01:49
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Yeah, I listened to about a minute of it. His voice is shot.

It was already when he was half his current age. I made it through the whole vid and I perceived that the grins of this 76yo have noticeably increased in quantity.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 02:12
This is all news to me, lol.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Frankh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 02:19
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Geeze, FZ, I thought upon initial thread title read someone had put out a successful hit on him...

Edited by Frankh - May 20 2020 at 02:19
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 03:01
Sometimes Google decides I should be interested in stuff like what's posted in the thread opening, but actually I'm not. It's their private business and I don't care. I loved Roger Waters' last album and won't have my enjoyment affected by caring about what some "journalists" want me to believe what kind of character he is. At the end of the day he hasn't killed or sexually harassed anyone and hasn't sold any child slaves, as far as I know.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 03:18
I'd agree that Nick is the real custodian (and band archivist, FTM) nowadays.
Saucerful was supposed to play tonight in Brussels. Hopefully, he'll come back someday.

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Seems petty of David to exclude Roger but given Roger's behaviour over the years I can'y blame his pettiness.

Yeah, but I can understand Dave not wanting Rog shoot his mouth off towards BoJo or Trump on the PF.com site as well.

Waters' mouthing is kind of uncontrollable, especially after a night out (or in since we're in the lockdown) drinking.

Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 03:24
Originally posted by Frankh Frankh wrote:

Geeze, FZ, I thought upon initial thread title read someone had put out a successful hit on him...

That's immediately what I thought as well!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 03:30

Originally posted by Frankh Frankh wrote:

That's immediately what I thought as well!

Yup, you can easily imagine Donald Duck Trump sending out hit men after Good'Ol RogLOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 07:09

Yes and that is what is sparked Rogers whining again.....He's crying cause the Mother video will not be posted on the Pink Floyd website.

It's Roger being Roger....LOL
Hmm. Perhaps I should have asked if anyone cared. LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 07:24
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Sometimes Google decides I should be interested in stuff like what's posted in the thread opening, but actually I'm not. It's their private business and I don't care. I loved Roger Waters' last album and won't have my enjoyment affected by caring about what some "journalists" want me to believe what kind of character he is. At the end of the day he hasn't killed or sexually harassed anyone and hasn't sold any child slaves, as far as I know.

Hi,

At the end of the day, at my age, nothing is prettier and better than the smile of a child, or a woman, or a close one next to you, that is/was so valuable to you as a youngster.

I find it really sad to see these guys kind of go at it, but Roger over did his welcome in doing that wall a few too many times, and his work has suffered because of it ... it does not have the quality, the beauty and the great rock band that he housed for his first 3 or 4 albums.

I think, in the end, these guys have to make it up, because if one of them falls away, the financial side of things is going to be a huge mess, and I have a feeling that these agreements have more to do with the financial side of things than they do with the music itself, and this is probably something that both he and DG will not discuss, because we're probably talking millions each year and then some ... and they would both get embarrassed in the press when details showed up ... two old fudgers fighting for 10 more nickels!

I don't listen to either of them any more ... I really have had way too much PF in my life ... and the only person I really miss right now is Mr. Wright, and the other one I will miss is Mr. Mason. And the two big mouths can take a leap into the worthless never land of who has the most money and can make the most!

BTW, you don't want them to bury the hatchet, because one of these days, Eugene is going to wake up!

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Frankh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 23:12
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Hi,

At the end of the day, at my age, nothing is prettier and better than the smile of a child, or a woman, or a close one next to you, that is/was so valuable to you as a youngster.

I find it really sad to see these guys kind of go at it, but Roger over did his welcome in doing that wall a few too many times, and his work has suffered because of it ... it does not have the quality, the beauty and the great rock band that he housed for his first 3 or 4 albums.

I think, in the end, these guys have to make it up, because if one of them falls away, the financial side of things is going to be a huge mess, and I have a feeling that these agreements have more to do with the financial side of things than they do with the music itself, and this is probably something that both he and DG will not discuss, because we're probably talking millions each year and then some ... and they would both get embarrassed in the press when details showed up ... two old fudgers fighting for 10 more nickels!

I don't listen to either of them any more ... I really have had way too much PF in my life ... and the only person I really miss right now is Mr. Wright, and the other one I will miss is Mr. Mason. And the two big mouths can take a leap into the worthless never land of who has the most money and can make the most!

BTW, you don't want them to bury the hatchet, because one of these days, Eugene is going to wake up!

My goodness, Mosh! You have struck the proverbial nail firmly upon it's head here.

Especially in missing Mr. Wright.

If I have to work up a quibble with any of this spot on post it is in the too much Floyd part.

There can never be too much Ummagumma.

lol
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>