Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How would you rate ItCotCK by KC?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: How woukd you rate ItCotCK by KC?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [9.68%]
56 [90.32%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you rate ItCotCK by KC?
    Posted: June 04 2020 at 13:39
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by Sacro_Porgo Sacro_Porgo wrote:

Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

Historically important. A landmark album in the history of prog. 21st Century Schizoid Man and the title track are superb, the rest is fairly forgettable.

For historical importance 5 stars. For the album itself 4 stars, and it's not the greatest prog album of all time, it's not even the best King Crimson album.

yep pretty much spot on although Epitaph is very memorable as well. I suppose typical of so many great prog albums it had 3 Marquee tracks and a lot of other stuff. Perhaps Yes realised that you only ever have 3 great tracks for an album when they made CTTE Wink

What does that say about TAAB? Geek

It's missing 2 great tracks

Shocked

I want to hear them! lol
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
frankbostick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankbostick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 11:47
Not the best but the most important.
socrates17 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socrates17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 20:00
Not even the best King Crimson album.  Not in my top 10 list of King Crimson albums.  Nevertheless, it was a work of genius and its historical importance cannot be minimized.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 12:11
UnhappyLOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 12:04
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

^ oh dear God....

Hi,

... I don't listen to that either!

I'm an atheist! Thank God!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 07:57
Originally posted by Sacro_Porgo Sacro_Porgo wrote:

Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

Historically important. A landmark album in the history of prog. 21st Century Schizoid Man and the title track are superb, the rest is fairly forgettable.

For historical importance 5 stars. For the album itself 4 stars, and it's not the greatest prog album of all time, it's not even the best King Crimson album.

yep pretty much spot on although Epitaph is very memorable as well. I suppose typical of so many great prog albums it had 3 Marquee tracks and a lot of other stuff. Perhaps Yes realised that you only ever have 3 great tracks for an album when they made CTTE Wink

What does that say about TAAB? Geek

It's missing 2 great tracks
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2020 at 07:56
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

^ Mosh has broken the record for being a broken record.

LOL
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 11:21
PA’s new rating system?
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 11:20
ahh shucks  Greg.. thanks Embarrassed. nicest thing I've heard said about me since Raff called me her trophy husband LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 11:11
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

yeah.. and that was my record he broke. Angry

You have never been a broken record, Mick. You just type with Tourette's.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 11:02
^ oh dear God....
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:59
Time has passed and I don't listen to this anymore.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:53
Voted best,  but that was to placate Steve,,,I think he might know where I live.  Wink

Seriously....I don't think there is a 'best prog album'.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:38

yeah.. and that was my record he broke. Angry

at least no one will ever top .. or ever approach...my other cheerished forum records.  I'm not sure which I'm more proud of.....

deleted and hidden posts or numbers of PM's from the admin team telling to knock it off or get banned. pfff... 

I ignored all of them.. which only added to the first record...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 09:45
Just in case it’s not clear to everyone, Tanz der Lemminge [Aka: Dance of the Lemmings] is an album by the Krautrock band AMON DÜÜL II.

Edited by Logan - May 24 2020 at 09:48
Just a fanboy passin' through.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 09:34
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 08:44
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I won't rate an album as a prog album or not. I find it silly and not important in the discussion and value of the work at hand.

The main thing, which a lot of listeners do not understand, is that this particular album is BY FAR the best screen shot that you will EVER GET about that time and place and how crazy, weird, confusing it really was ... and the dope only made it all worse afterwards!

The value of its two best known pieces of music in that album, are by very far, two of the most important "anthems" of a time and place ... and then having a piece about talking in the wind and (of course) no one listens anyway ... specially in the more recent times, when "reading", "understanding" and "value" has been compromised and usurped by commercial concerns ... and the public continues what was described then, in many places, not only Germany, as "dance of the lemmings" because everyone was going to see the shows just for the dope and a lot less for the music!

You watch your mouth with the lemming analogy gramps  Stern Smile
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 07:54
Hi,

I won't rate an album as a prog album or not. I find it silly and not important in the discussion and value of the work at hand.

The main thing, which a lot of listeners do not understand, is that this particular album is BY FAR the best screen shot that you will EVER GET about that time and place and how crazy, weird, confusing it really was ... and the dope only made it all worse afterwards!

The value of its two best known pieces of music in that album, are by very far, two of the most important "anthems" of a time and place ... and then having a piece about talking in the wind and (of course) no one listens anyway ... specially in the more recent times, when "reading", "understanding" and "value" has been compromised and usurped by commercial concerns ... and the public continues what was described then, in many places, not only Germany, as "dance of the lemmings" because everyone was going to see the shows just for the dope and a lot less for the music!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 23:50
Not even King Crimson's best album. 
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2020 at 21:17
certainly one of the most important, and an influence on so many of the best prog albums which followed.  I didn't vote because the response required is too absolute
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>