Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 5 Led Zeppelin Songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 5 Led Zeppelin Songs
    Posted: May 24 2020 at 04:32
I'd like to say a big THANK YOU and wish a WHOLE LOTTA LOVE to everyone who  posted on Gentle and Giant's "Where is Psychedelic Paul" thread while I was OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY from here. It was a real HEARTBREAKER reading of how the good members of ProgArchives were left feeling DAZED AND CONFUSED by the COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN caused by my sudden disappearance, which was NOBODY's FAULT BUT MINE. We've all had GOOD TIMES, BAD TIMES, especially just lately, during this BLACK DOG economic Depression we're all currently going through, which can sometimes leave us feeling TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT by our own governments. I hope you're all doing okay. Returning here to be back amongst my proggy friends again was a real CELEBRATION DAY for me and I've already ascended the STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN again after finding another four great prog albums to review since my return. It's been TEN YEARS GONE since I first discovered ProgArchives, but when it comes to the soul of ROCK AND ROLL, THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME through the passing of the generations. THAT'S THE WAY of classic Progressive Rock, which always sounds fresh and original, no matter HOW MANY MORE TIMES you hear it. Take the rip-roaring Hard Rock of Led Zeppelin for instance - their particular brand of stomping Heavy Prog is as solid and unyielding as ACHILLES' LAST STAND. Prog's timeless appeal is WHAT IS AND WHAT SHOULD NEVER BE lost with NO QUARTER given to the ephemeral wannabe rappers and hip-hoppers of today. Anyway, sorry to RAMBLE ON. It's getting late IN THE EVENING here IN THE LIGHT of a penumbra Moon, so I'm going to don my 1970's KASHMIR coat now and listen to some more classic British Prog. ALL MY LOVE to my proggy friends here in the British Isles and OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY across THE OCEAN. Hug Heart

Now's your chance to help determine the Top 5 Led Zeppelin songs of all time. Simply list your Top 5 Led Zeppelin songs in order of preference and then I'll assign points to your listings as follows:-

1st song - 6 points
2nd song - 4 points
3rd song - 3 points
4th song- 2 points
5th song - 1 point

Here are my Top 5 Led Zeppelin songs to get the poll underway:-

1. Stairway to Heaven (6 points)
2. Kashmir (4 points)
3. Whole Lotta Love (3 points)
4. Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (2 points)
5. Dazed and Confused (1 point)

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 05:26
1. Stairway to Heaven
2. Carouselambra
3. No Quarter
4. The Rain Song
5. That's the Way
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 05:40
^^ That's the first time I've ever heard of the song "Carouselambra" Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 05:59
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

How is this possible?! Unless you don't know much about them anyway. How many of their albums have you listened in their full length? Or was it some compilation?

Why are you smiling about it? Confused Are you proud of your ignorance?

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:18
LOL  I'll spring for a room for you two... only caveat will be it will be videotaped and leaked onto internet.

top 5?  Hard.. for like most people who haven't spent their lives under a rock or are a f**king kid just getting into music..  Led Zeppelin has probably been the most played, heard and thus overexposed band in the universe.. and without the quality and eclectism of the Beatles to offset it.

the first two are no brainers.. for they are sort of outlyiers stylistically.. thus still sound fresh as opposed to much of their stuff.

1.... by lightyears..  have heard it a 1000 times..  and still sounds fresh.  IMO by FAR their best song..
Battle of Evermore

2. yeah that song..  
Carouselambra. Much like BoE.. a very unique song in their catalog and with a droning hynotic style I would have liked to have seen them explore further if they had continued as a band.

3. In the Light
4. Communication Breakdown
5. oh why not...  it does rule.  Dazed and Confused.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:33
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

How is this possible?! Unless you don't know much about them anyway. How many of their albums have you listened in their full length? Or was it some compilation?

I had not heard of it, either. But that's because it's on In Through The Out Door, an album I heard once when it was first released, and never bothered with it since.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:34
1. Ten Years Gone
2. The Song Remains the Same
3. Kashmir
4. Black Dog
5. Achilles Last Stand
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:34
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

LOL  I'll spring for a room for you two... only caveat will be it will be videotaped and leaked onto internet.

LOL what a scary thought!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:45

I don't have any studio albums by Led Zeppelin, but I do have four double CD compilation albums, so that covers just about every song Led Zeppelin have ever recorded, apart from "Carouselambra", obviously.  Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:48

I don't have any studio albums by Led Zeppelin, but I do have four double CD compilation albums, so that covers just about every song Led Zeppelin have ever recorded, apart from "Carouselambra", obviously.  Smile

well, you are missing on a lot of great songs. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:50
am I the only one thinking and missing Andrea.. Mandy.. aka Mandrakeroot right now.  Good god was he the king of compilation albums... and reviewing them. LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 06:53

well, you are missing on a lot of great songs. 
I'm sure you're right. I'll buy the Led Zep studio albums too if I happen to see them at a bargain price. I have at least eighty Led Zeppelin songs on my four 2-CD compilations, although admittedly, some of the songs are repeated four times over. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - May 24 2020 at 06:55
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnobvious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 07:30
Tough to pick 5
1. Dazed and Confused
2. The Lemon Song
3. No Quarter
4. How many more times
5. Ten years gone

just missed out: The Rover and Bring it on Home.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 09:21
Too many to choose from!

1. "Whole Lotta Love"
2. "Stairway to Heaven"
3. "The Song Remains the Same"
4. "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"
5. "No Quarter"

Could easily supplant any of the above:
"Heartbreaker"
"Tangerine"
"The Battle of Evermore"
"When the Levee Breaks"
"Kashmir"
"Ten Years Gone"

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 09:48
1)When the Levee Breaks
2) Battle of Evermore
3) Ten Years Gone
4) Bron-yr-Aur Stomp
5) In My Time of Dying

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 09:52
just 5 songs is really hard to choose... they have a ton of great songs, I don't feel like I can do them justice...
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:09
Definitely hard to choose.

1. Dazed and Confused
2. Kashmir
3. How Many More Times
4. Achilles Last Stand
5. In the Light
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 10:46
Impossible to pick only 5.....but,

1.Stairway To Heaven
2.Kashmir
3.When The Levee Breaks
4.Dazed and Confused
5. Whole Lotta Love

alternates....
How Many More Times
What Is...
No Quarter
Nobody's Fault
Battle of Evermore

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:12
1. Stairway To Heaven
2. In My Time Of Dying
3. What Is And What Should Never Be
4. Black Dog
5. No Quarter
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
ssmarcus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ssmarcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 12:13
1. The Rain Song
2. Black Dog
3. Celebration Day
4. Stairway to Heaven
5. Ramble On

This is off the top of my head. It's possible I'd feel differently if I really spent time thinking about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>