Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Magician's Red (Finland)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Cleve Chronicle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magician's Red (Finland)
    Posted: May 29 2020 at 07:01
Hello!

I read the instructions for both this and the "Suggest new bands" forum, and I'm a bit unsure of which one would be more appropriate for this post. Our EP is of a rather good production quality, and you can buy a digital copy of it from various stores (not that we expect many of our listeners to do so) However, we are a new, unknown band, this is our first release, and we are not signed to any label.

Perhaps I'll try this one. Maybe it will seem less arrogant that way LOL We are Magician's Red and we just released our debut EP called There's No Need To Fear. Here's a Spotify link: http://open.spotify.com/album/2onPapYIg7hEdi46JYAZCc?si=WmAOui9dS0WQB5wrTFtsOw

I'm not sure what subgenre this would be considered to belong to, especially since our style will undoubtedly continue to develop on upcoming releases. I guess these three songs would fall either in the "Symphonic Prog" or "Eclectic Prog" categories. If I had to compare the style of this EP to some classic prog bands, I guess Genesis, Camel, Jethro Tull, Focus and Pekka Pohjola are some influences you can hear rather clearly.

It would be nice to hear some thoughts on our music Smile

Our line up is
Kalle Mattila (me): guitars, synth
Otso Kauniskangas: main keyboards
Jon Pettersson: bass, synth
Aaro Ruohonen: drums

We intend to include vocals from all four members in the future, once someone in our group figures out how to write lyrics Embarrassed And perhaps some flute from myself as well.

This EP has been engineered by Roni Ylhäinen and mixed/mastered by Otso Kauniskangas
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:16
Greetings from England . Listening to your album on Spotify. Your musicianship is good, I would describe your music as being influenced by Camel. 
I think that flute would go well, but really think that lyrics would add so much more. 
Wishing you success 
son_of_lilith View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote son_of_lilith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 12:26
Great stuff! Really digging the EP. Can hardly wait for how you guys develop your thing further.
Electric Wheels Of Confusion
ballsy prog rock with a no-holds-barred attitude
www.soundcloud.com/ewcband
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2020 at 17:22
Holy canoli! This is fantastic.
EDIT: Just bought it on Google Play.

Edited by Hrychu - July 10 2020 at 05:46
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply