Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Sand - Crush the Seed (2020)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Sand - Crush the Seed (2020)
    Posted: June 04 2020 at 09:21
I remember LOVING the heck outta their debut, Mirror of Insanity, 15 years ago What they did next was literally copying their debut, and then copying its copy, and again and again...haven't listened to their new releases since 2009, had no clue they're still around. Good for them!
POTA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 16:14
Found this album scrolling through the top albums of the year. I'd actually never heard of the band before, so I was surprised to see this is their ninth release. It is the only album to blow me away this year so far (Pendragon's Love Over Fear being the other). Amazing guitar throughout. Sounds like Gilmour and Oldfield at different times. Vocals suffer a bit in my opinion with that broken English sound, but I'm able to get past it because of the rich music. 
 Post Reply Post Reply