Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New LTE Confirmed by Rudess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New LTE Confirmed by Rudess
    Posted: June 03 2020 at 22:25
Looking forward to some new LTE.....

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 01:41
bother me when Kevin Moore is working on some new music, with any kind of project/band. Big smile
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 08:16
It seems to me more like a possibility rather than a definitive confirmation.

In any case, I hope it becomes a reality.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 09:11
Hi,

Honestly, I think I would rather see a new Dream Theater, more focused on music than a screaming non stop guitar, than another LTE ... I kinda think, and I have the two CD's that it is not exactly a great set of music, but it does allow the players to live a bit longer than otherwise. My thoughts were in the first two albums that papa Bear did not have enough time to develop his own playing ... 

Weird of weirdnesses ... hearing JR do classical stuff that never once showed on DT! His keyboard work with DT, is ... background ... for the most part, and not a major part of the development of the work ... kinda suggests that he is "added' later and not a part of the valuable and important composition process, just like JL.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 10:14
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

bother me when Kevin Moore is working on some new music, with any kind of project/band. Big smile

I agree...no smiley face needed.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 10:24
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Honestly, I think I would rather see a new Dream Theater, more focused on music than a screaming non stop guitar, than another LTE ... I kinda think, and I have the two CD's that it is not exactly a great set of music, but it does allow the players to live a bit longer than otherwise. My thoughts were in the first two albums that papa Bear did not have enough time to develop his own playing ... 

Weird of weirdnesses ... hearing JR do classical stuff that never once showed on DT! His keyboard work with DT, is ... background ... for the most part, and not a major part of the development of the work ... kinda suggests that he is "added' later and not a part of the valuable and important composition process, just like JL.
Sorry Pedro, I think DT is done if what you are wanting is Awake, I&W or heck even BC&SL. Their formula is now long thrashy songs with massive individual wonkery, all ingredients that equal a boring meal. JR is part of the writing team, he and JP are basically it musically, some additions by Myung when they allow him to contribute. So you have a lead guitarist and keyboard player writing almost everything and no contribution from the rhythm section, that's why they have no melody anymore. Hoping that Portnoy and I assume Tony Levin, will inject some much needed writing help to JR and JP. 
What will be bad is if Portnoy asks one of his metal bass player buddys to join if Levin cannot.   
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 17:22
LTE must have Levin, otherwise, it’s not LTE !
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2020 at 20:06
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Sorry Pedro, I think DT is done if what you are wanting is Awake, I&W or heck even BC&SL. Their formula is now long thrashy songs with massive individual wonkery, all ingredients that equal a boring meal.

Hi,

Not at all ... I enjoyed listening to LTE but it was not that exciting to me ... just nice stuff. Nowadays the whole group around Stickmen are doing some of that stuff way better, and I think they work on their material to be tight and clean ... I kinda felt that LTE did not work together enough to make it better.

As for DT, I had not even heard all their early stuff ... and I did not mind the guitar w**king, but I do think that it needed to be better designed than just a non-stop solo. 

BTW, I much prefer the "thrashy long songs" rather than the 3 and 4 minute variety that sound cool for 1 minute and then it's all gone ... although my thoughts are that it hurts when you are not using the other folks more, to augment your guitar, rather than keeping them in the background. And I think DT would be better if John Myung was better integrated than he has been, but when a bass is stuck only assisting a guitar, there is no room for the bass to augment the keyboard or the drummer! Or singer for that matter!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply