When Gardens Grow (USA) [EP/LP free downloads]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Gardens Grow (USA) [EP/LP free downloads]
    Posted: August 23 2020 at 10:07
After a unanimous vote from the Eclectic team, this has been moved to the RIO/Avant Prog team.

Man Overboard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 21:48
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I saw the album cover and immediately thought that looks like it was done by the guy who does the Flower King covers.  Looks promising!

It's kind of buried in the post, but were you able to navigate to the uninhibited downloads and streams? Smile It's now out, and free! Donation-ware if you want to see it grow Tongue
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2020 at 13:19
I saw the album cover and immediately thought that looks like it was done by the guy who does the Flower King covers.  Looks promising!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2020 at 00:47
Looks like I've released lots of music. Check out the OP, dig through the madness, find the gems, and donate to the fundraiser in my signature if you want to help me grow this music's multidimensional world! 

Edited by Man Overboard - August 03 2020 at 20:18
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 22:49

ANNOUNCING

WHEN GARDENS GROW - ON SEVERAL LEVELS

Integration - 4:26
Prepondering - 5:22
Sixty-Six Point Six - 7:06
Through Our Fingers - 11:41
Imploding On The Sly - 23:22
Relief’s Mystery In Time - 19:57

Cover artwork by Ed Unitsky

Written, arranged, performed, and produced by When Gardens Grow, June-July 2020, Gardenia Project Studios.

Genre: Jazz/eclectic prog.

Out now in this money-agnostic model. "Official" release date TBA while I secure the appropriate money-agnostic structure for the aims and goals this project has. More information in the text file found within the album download. For now… download it, listen to it, share it with your friends! Take the high-resolution images and make your own memorabilia/clothing/crafts, if you wish. <3 

-----------

------------------------

BIOGRAPHICAL INFO:

When Gardens Grow

USA
Avant

Gardens Grow is a new name for a new polymetric avant-garde prog project by an old ProgArchives corpse, resurrected once more. Experience emotional, minimalist music with deep, warm production, a fun variety of instruments, the touch of angels. 

The combination of spending the last year working on the soundtrack to an unannounced role-playing video game to release in years future, and bearing the incredible emotion of the world revolution happening all around us, I felt the overwhelming urge to produce some pure, uncompromising music that documents the present, in the present, for the present--in hopes of healing the past and future. Chiefly influenced by JS BACH, ROBERT FRIPP, and BILL EVANS TRIO, with production that's been compared to BRIAN ENO and TRENT REZNOR. The Bring Heaven In EP signifies my return to the public music space, and I'm currently working on a full-length-LP that should delight fans of progressive music with one foot in the future. Some may fondly recall my 2008 release Soundtrack For A Dream, or less popular works before or since--fans of SFaD will assuredly recognize the hand at play here, but When Gardens Grow is an entirely new (and compelling!) experience. I love writing and producing this music, and I hope you'll enjoy listening to it! 

Sixty-Six Point Six (On Several Levels):

Relief's Mystery In Time (On Several Levels)

Edited by Man Overboard - August 20 2020 at 19:10
 Post Reply Post Reply