FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight - modulations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dancing With The Moonlit Knight - modulations
    Posted: June 30 2020 at 08:22
Originally posted by Jaketejas Jaketejas wrote:

Link

You are right that the key signature changes a number of times, but as far as the modal center (intra-key) goes, I’m not certain. Above is a link to some sheet music. I’ll have to sit down some time and try to analyze it.

Thanks a lot.  Still not reunited with my keyboard.  Will take a look at this at that point.
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2020 at 08:20
Link

You are right that the key signature changes a number of times, but as far as the modal center (intra-key) goes, I’m not certain. Above is a link to some sheet music. I’ll have to sit down some time and try to analyze it.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2020 at 21:15
I can hear that there are lots of modulations going on in Dancing With The Moonlit Knight, particularly in the second interlude that leads into the fade out. But are these only tonal modulations or are there modal modulations going on too, is my question.  Does the key center change at any point?
 Post Reply Post Reply