Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 51>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 02:13
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Tonight's pleasure...DES

David Tenant absolutely nails 80's Scottish serial killer Dennis Nilsen.
Three 45 min. episodes for a tight little mini series.
Great Brit Drama.

agreed Thumbs Up
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 03:46
Just finished The Serpent about the 1976 arrest of Charles Sobhraj. 8 one hour episodes and I watched all of them over 3 days . Not many famous actors. Tim Mcinnerny and Jenna Coleman were the only ones I recognised. Probably the most seriously addictive drama 'based on real events' since Chernobyl. 
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 07:51
we saw the last episode (of 10) of "Kommissarin Heller". Winnie Heller is, or rather was, a female cop in her mid-thirties. she was highly eccentric, gruff to everyone and an extremely tough cop. she even spent some time in a psychiatric ward in one episode, and rightfully so; she clearly was off the trail in that one. all episodes were about 90 minutes long.

in her last case she had to deal with underage prostitution. young men befriending underage girls and then telling them some cock-and-bull story about owing money to someone and asking them to do "a favor" for them. and she got the top criminals in this case too but then was, most unusually, killed by a flash of lightning. we will miss her; it was one of our favorite cop shows because of her uniqueness

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 08:05
Top of the Lake on Netflix
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 08:17
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

First series was brilliant, second less so.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 08:48
DCs Doom Patrol second time binged, a brillian and one of a kind tv show.

DCs Swamp Thing season 1. One of the best superhero shows out there.

Edited by Icarium - January 15 2021 at 08:50
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 09:12
Originally posted by Ronstein Ronstein wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

First series was brilliant, second less so.

Yeah, I agree. First was MUCH better.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 20:46
Season one of The Godfather of Harlem.
Excellent series, a sort of combination of Boardwalk Empire, The Godfather and Black Caesar.

Edited by JD - January 15 2021 at 20:46
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2021 at 01:59
^ yep , if you like that then check out Ghost: Powerbook II. Very enjoyable if not quite as 'serious'.

Top of the Lake was mentioned. Season One featured the great Scottish actor Peter Mullan who was also very impressive in Ozark . He makes everything he's in better!

BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2021 at 06:14
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

we saw the last episode (of 10) of "Kommissarin Heller". Winnie Heller is, or rather was, a female cop in her mid-thirties. she was highly eccentric, gruff to everyone and an extremely tough cop. she even spent some time in a psychiatric ward in one episode, and rightfully so; she clearly was off the trail in that one. all episodes were about 90 minutes long.

in her last case she had to deal with underage prostitution. young men befriending underage girls and then telling them some cock-and-bull story about owing money to someone and asking them to do "a favor" for them. and she got the top criminals in this case too but then was, most unusually, killed by a flash of lightning. we will miss her; it was one of our favorite cop shows because of her uniqueness

I have to say she went out in style. At one point she said "I am not difficult, I polarize". At another point she told her boss that he had no balls when he suspended her because a wealthy winemaker, who later turned out to be the boss of that underage prostitution gang, had complained to him about how he had been treated by her. I think even Dirty Harry would not have dared that.

Edited by BaldFriede - January 16 2021 at 06:25

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 16:06
Just finished another BBC series Traces. A six parter shot in Dundee about a young woman returning to her old stomping ground trying to find out more about the disappearance of her Mother some years earlier. Based on an idea by famous crime writer Val McDermid, I found it a little predictable if I'm honest. It does however have a very strong cast and that made it worth watching although its IMDB rating of 6.9 is about right.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 12:53
The Outsider - Started very strongly, then just drifted off to an average climax. Based on the Stephen King book no less. Jason Bateman appears and directs the first 2 episodes.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 14:37
Went back and watched Boston Legal again. It's been about 15 years since I've seen it James Spader awesome in it and William Shatner is... well.. "Denny Crane".  It's a little goofy sometimes but it's fun. 
IndigoStar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 01:32
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Tonight's pleasure...DES

David Tenant absolutely nails 80's Scottish serial killer Dennis Nilsen.
Three 45 min. episodes for a tight little mini series.
Great Brit Drama.

Absolutely agree. One of the best shows I’ve watched in a while. 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 01:33
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

Went back and watched Boston Legal again. It's been about 15 years since I've seen it James Spader awesome in it and William Shatner is... well.. "Denny Crane".  It's a little goofy sometimes but it's fun. 

One of my fav shows, I really need to watch it again too! 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 01:34
Although I’m normally all over serial killer and crime related stuff, I re-watched Six Feet Under during the festive break and it was just as glorious as the first time round. 

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 05:09
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

The Outsider - Started very strongly, then just drifted off to an average climax. Based on the Stephen King book no less. Jason Bateman appears and directs the first 2 episodes.

I think it would have worked better as self contained 'Limited Series' offering with less episodes. It was compared to the Netflix show The Stranger which in some respects was much better.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 05:11
Originally posted by IndigoStar IndigoStar wrote:

Although I’m normally all over serial killer and crime related stuff, I re-watched Six Feet Under during the festive break and it was just as glorious as the first time round. 

one of my favourite shows of all time. Thumbs Up

Michael C Hall of course went on to do Dexter , a show that apparently is being primed for a return.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 07:19
^Watched it for the first time several month's ago at my wife's behest.
Much better than I expected it to be, even it did get darker as the seasons went on.

Currently enjoying WandaVision. Interested to see where it goes.

Another great one was "The Knick' with Clive Owen. It deserved more seasons for sure but was cut short.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 02:26
I grew tired of Dexter, have yet to watch the last season. It was brilliant when it first came out though but then it all became a little formulaic and his sister used to drive me spare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 51>