Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 51>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 11:20
The Walking Dead: The World Beyond. Well I actually didn't finish it as it's that bad. I managed 3.5 episodes, but couldn't bear anymore. I've nearly finished The Head - a great little Antarctic mystery, only 6 episodes so easy to watch.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 16:09
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Another great one was "The Knick' with Clive Owen. It deserved more seasons for sure but was cut short.

Yep that was excellent and should have continued.

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Currently enjoying WandaVision. Interested to see where it goes.

Just about the only streaming platform I don't have is Disney +. It does look very interesting going by the trailers.

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 16:12
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

The Walking Dead: The World Beyond. Well I actually didn't finish it as it's that bad. I managed 3.5 episodes, but couldn't bear anymore.

I only managed 5 minutes so you did better than I did LOL

I've nearly finished The Head - a great little Antarctic mystery, only 6 episodes so easy to watch.

Sounds interesting. Who produces it?
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:42
^ HBO I think.

Just started on A Discovery of Witches. I wasn't expecting too much tbh, but it's pretty good. Second season has just aired too.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:46
I'm currently nearing the end of The Streets of San Francisco and it's a steep drop! Smile
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2021 at 06:13
Not finished watching...but recently discovered.

Mock the Week.
A UK panel style comedy show that loosely bases it's comedy on current and past events.
Found it while doing searches for comedies on YouTube. We watch excerpts from past episodes while we prepare dinner. Sometimes the accents get a little thick and we miss what was said but for the most part it can be hilarious. I just found season 1 episode 1 and lo and behold I see the great John Oliver as one of the comedians. After 19 seasons there is still lots of laughs to be had.

Anyone know of any other english speaking shows along these lines?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 01:53
Mirzapur Season 2

enjoyed this almost as much as Season 1. Its a very over the top ultra violent Indian gangster drama made with great energy and a top notch cast. Never a boring moment. Hopefully S3 will happen at some point.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2021 at 15:06
Just finished watching Picard on DVD. I enjoyed this and will be looking forward to season 2. I'm also in the middle of season 2 of the 2004 reboot of Battlestar Galactica. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 11:42
To the Lake - A Russian plague-like drama. It's quite good and a decent change from TWD/FTWD. But someone please tell me that Russian men are not like these guys in this show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9151230/
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 12:39
Just finished season 5 of The Expanse last night.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 00:38
The Haunting Of Bly Manor

bit disappointing as it just wasn't scary enough and the attempt to bring up to date was not convincing. A bit of a mess , would have benefited from less episodes. Not a patch on The Haunting Of Hill House which is one of my favourite things on Netflix.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 15:04
The Stand (2020). An odd final episode09 which left the door open for a further series. I recall watching another Stephen King series, Under the Dome, and it just went ridiculous after the first season - nothing like the book at all (which was great) and I stopped watching. I only hope they don't go too far off the theme of The Stand, but I fear it'll end up bollocks as always with these sort of US TV shows. As for the first series of The Stand, it was pretty good overall. Some of the actor choices were odd and the scale of the apocalypse just didn't feel right - unlike the book and the original 1994 miniseries. 7/10.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 07:39
The Crown Seasons 1 thru 4

Enjoyed the first two seasons then they did a cast change for the aging royals rather than use prosthetics and makeup. We weren't happy with that but by the middle of season 4 we had gotten used to the new players. Charles, while a bit of a pathetic character, is also a complete @sshole. I'm sure we'll continue when the next season starts, although at this point...I've actually lived the story.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 07:58
Scarlett and The Duke
All Creatures Great and Small
The Watch

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Erenan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erenan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 16:54
I think the last show I watched all the way through was The Undoing with Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, and Donald Sutherland. Before that, probably The Queen's Gambit. IIRC
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 03:09
The Stand Season 1
Enjoyed the final episode although left a few loose strings to pull on if they decide to make another season. I wouldn't bother though . 7/10

The Crown Season 1
loved John Lithgow's portayal of Winston Churchill but too much of that feeling of ' is this really true'? about it. 6/10

To The Lake Season 1
interesting plague drama with good characters. Never bored and I think had about the right amount of episodes. 8/10

Vikings Final Season
Michael Hirst did a great job keeping this going so long. Very good indeed with the final season charting the epic end of the greatest disabled warrior of all time Ivar The Boneless and also a bit about the Vikings being the first Europeans to visit the 'New World' thrown in for good measure. Always fantastic production values and did not outstay its welcome. 9/10

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 10:49
Finished Series 1 of Succession last night. Brilliant all round, really enjoyed it.
SolNiger View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolNiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 13:35
Anne of Green Gables (1979), an anime by Isao Takahata (co-founder of Studio Ghibli) and part of the World Masterpiece series. A thoroughly beautiful adaptation, 10/10. Finished it about 6 months ago and haven't watched any new series since Ermm
All is but God in God to God revealed;
and so all is, for naught but God is real.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 16:34
I've been watching The Curse of Oak Island in recent days. I like that they have archaeologists and a geoscientist involved now. It's more interesting to see their work than the so-called "theorists" that keep bringing up the Knights Templar and Freemasons and stuff. Kind of wish they would do a giant, large scale archaeological dig on this island instead of drilling holes trying to find a treasure and wandering around with a metal detector finding nails and oxen shoes. I guess a large-scale dig of that nature would make this less interesting TV though. The recent dig of a stone road found in a nearby swamp is the closest they've come to something of this size.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2021 at 04:26

Finished Series 1 of Succession last night. Brilliant all round, really enjoyed it.

Yep and Season 2 is even better Smile , Season 3 was ready for filming last year until a certain global pandemic got in the way. Still, its good to know it's happening (Succession not the pandemic!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 51>