Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows you most recently finished watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2021 at 14:20
Finished 'Loki'  season 1...interesting though also a bit disjointed at times.
Waiting for next season of 'His Dark Materials' which I thought was excellent.
'Unforgotten' season 4...I liked it for the most part but wasn't knocked out even though many raved about it.
There are many other police procedurals I liked better. 
'Pennyworth'...waiting for new ones...a guilty pleasure.
'Umbrella Academy'...great dysfunctional and witty 'superhero' series.

Not finished but in season 2 of 'The Doom Patrol'.....another group of dysfunctional 'super heroes' who are a bunch of odd chraracters indeed.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2021 at 17:59
^ Still got 2 episodes of Doom Patrol to watch , almost want to save them. That series never ceases to surprise in a good way and highlighted by a great turn by Timothy Dalton reminding us just what a great actor he is.

btw currently bingeing Clickbait. Another highly addictive Netflix show!

...and not forgetting that Britannia (III) is back , sillier than ever and now with a prog soundtrack!
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2021 at 14:45
2020 - 30 Coins (30 Monedas) - Spanish horror about a Priest sent to practice in a rural Spanish town and the worldwide search by a sinister oragnisation of the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas Isacariot. It's weird, gory and very tense. Acting and production are top notch and my wife and I enjoyed it immensely. 9/10
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2021 at 01:42
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

btw currently bingeing Clickbait. Another highly addictive Netflix show!

now finished what's billed as a 'cyber thriller' . Not sure it added up plot wise but I enjoyed the largely unknown ensemble cast and it felt quite 'real'. 7/10
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2021 at 17:23
Millennium (2010) - It says Sweden/Germany/Norway/Denmark as this mini-series' countries origin, but they (the episodes) were the adaptations of the Swedish writer Stieg Larsson's novel series with the same title (Millennium); and the events take place in Sweden. You must at least have heard of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Spectacular series. Extremely underrated. Not even 9k ratings on IMDb? You gotta be kidding me! 10/10
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2021 at 07:17
Finished the complete Fringe series. Now on season 2 of Eureka.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 02:59
Britannia III (2021)
not sure if this has finished airing in America so I won't give away too much. For those that don't know it's a historical period epic /borderline comedy very loosely based on fact . The Roman general Aulus Plautius (played by David Morrisey below) leads a second invasion in 43AD to conquer Britannia. Apparently the only thing stopping him are the Druids and some warrior women (one played superbly by Zoe Wanamaker).

Image result for David Morrissey Britannia

I enjoyed all three series. It looks good and there is a lot of British humour and some silliness. It very rarely has any real tension but is a lot of fun. 7.5/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 03:01
See the source image
gCairns View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gCairns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2021 at 13:21
I've recently finished watching the second seasons of Sex Education. I loved the show. 9/10. Has anyone watched it? Are here fans like me? The third season is already here on Netflix. It started today! BTW, I also watch here the latest Movies and Shows if someone need the free source. I've just watched B*$t*rds' Road there. It's really worth watching. 

Edited by gCairns - September 28 2021 at 12:28
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 14:24
Barbarians - Set in AD9 about the Roman invasion of Germany. In German and, impressively, classic latin. Only 6 episodes and no too bad. Not as enjoyable as Britannia or Vikings, but a decent effort. 6.5/10
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 05:03
The North Water 2021 (5 episode min series)

Based on a book by Ian McGuire , this is yet another quality BBC production set at sea involving a 19th century sailing vessel (also check out The Terror) and starring an impressive cast including Colin Farrell , Stephen Graham and Jack O'Connell. I enjoyed the characters and the story which develops very nicely and leads to a satisfying conclusion. Superb Arctic photography as well that seems more important than ever in this age of climate change. 8/10

jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 10:21
My interest and love of K-dramas has pretty much blossomed into an obsession at this point LOL I can't help it; each time I watch a show, I think, "It can't get any better than this." And than I find a new one that manages to top it. Last night was the Emmys, and looking at the list of winners and contenders, I can't help but wonder: "Why are they ignoring K-dramas?"

The one I've been watching these days is Reply 1988, from 2016. (Not to be confused with Reply 1997 or Reply 1994. Each series is a stand-alone season with completely different characters. Reply 1988's considered the best one.) It's a slice-of-life dramedy full of quirky characters. Having grown up in the 80s, this one makes me much more nostalgic for that time period than, say, Stranger Things.

I rate Reply 1988 with my other top-tier favorites - Mr. Queen, Strong Girl Bong-soon, Crash Landing On You, Mr Sunshine, Goblin (aka Guardian: The Lonely and Great God), When the Camellia Blooms, My Mister, Hotel Del Luna. I think they can all be found at Viki.com.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2021 at 16:17
The Triangle (UK/US - 2005): Now this is what I call good entertainment. The 2nd episode of this 3 part TV mini-series was a little boring, but it can be overlooked. 8/10
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2021 at 11:45
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Finished the complete Fringe series. Now on season 2 of Eureka.

Fringe was brillaint.....wished it had run longer. Eureka was just ok.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 01:08
Yeah well remember Fringe. First time I remember seeing the actor Jared Harris , now very famous for Chernobyl and was equally good in The Terror. Soon to be seen in the main role in the Apple TV+ sci-fi series Foundation based on the Isaac Asimov book series of the same name. Could be the biggest TV event for a while. If you are wondering whether to get an Apple TV+ subscription then I can highly recommend all the following:

See
The Morning Show
For All Mankind
The Servant
Trying
Mythic Quest

some very nice diverse programming and well worth the £4.99 (UK) a month although I do expect it will go up.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2021 at 00:56
just started watching Brand New Cherry Flavor , a limited series recently put up on Netflix. Very interesting with a bit of a David Lynch vibe going on. I will probably binge that over the weekend.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2021 at 19:15
We just watched the sixth episode of the German crime series "Sarah Kohr". She is a special police agent, a weapons and martial arts expert and always works alone. In this episode she had to stop a terrorist attack with the nerve gas Sarin. Lisa Maria Potthoff who plays the lead is a woman in her early 40s and in top shape. She does all the stunts herself (and there were quite a lot of them in this episode), including the martial arts fights.

Each episode has full movie length. The first one aired in 2014 when Potthoff was in her mid-30s and was originally meant as a stand-alone TV-movie. But it was so successful that a series was made of it. The second episode aired in 2018, and there is about one episode per year. Definitely one of the best German crime series.

Here is a trailer for this episode:

And here an image from one of her stunts in that movie:

Edited by BaldFriede - September 26 2021 at 19:58

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 10:01

just started watching Brand New Cherry Flavor , a limited series recently put up on Netflix. Very interesting with a bit of a David Lynch vibe going on. I will probably binge that over the weekend.

Finished this the other week. I rather enjoyed it as it's a bit out there. 

Unlike Nine Perfect Strangers which I finished a few days ago. I thought it might have had a science-fiction or supernatural twist, but alas no. It's simply 9 people with various problems being drugged at a health resort; and that's about it. 3/10 as the acting was quite good.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 12:09
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

3/10 as the acting was quite good.

My "safe" rating is 3/10 too, to the bad movies/series where acting is good.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2021 at 07:19
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Finished this the other week. I rather enjoyed it as it's a bit out there. 

Unlike Nine Perfect Strangers which I finished a few days ago. I thought it might have had a science-fiction or supernatural twist, but alas no. It's simply 9 people with various problems being drugged at a health resort; and that's about it. 3/10 as the acting was quite good.

Still watching Brand New Cherry Flavor (thoroughly enjoying) and like you I less enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers .  I guess my main issue is Nicole Kidman's face which is now far too distracting. Shame as she is a fine actor but there is a limit on the ole nip and tuck. I really loved the dynamic between Melissa McCarthy's and Bobby Cannavale's characters but less convinced by the family. Overall it was entertaining and a few caustically ironic things to say about 'New Age' therapy although seemed in the end to totally pull its punches and chicken out of the dark ending expected. Perhaps it would have been a bit too grim to stomach?! 7/10

Edited by richardh - September 28 2021 at 07:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 50>