Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progfreak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 17:37
^LOL

I try to change the settings for ProgFreak in my browser, yet I still get the same ominous message that Scott is getting.  Each time I click on another link, I have to go to advanced settings to get it to come up.  It just seems too iffy to me.  

Welcome back Mike, by the way.

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 10:46
Still getting the unsecure message.  They need to either fix this or we need to find an alternative.  I can get in there if I bypass the message, but then every time I click on a link, I have to go through it again.  Even if I change the settings on the site so that it allows the site to load, I still get the unsecure message and have to bypass it by going through the Advanced settings again.  It's quite a big pain in da butt if you ask me.  And it doesn't help to use a VPN, I still get the unsecure screen every time.

Edited by TCat - August 04 2020 at 10:51

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 17:53
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

^You're sure? I don't want my senate campaign derailed by someone exposing that I voted to move their kid's Krautrock band to Neo.

My aspirations for politics has long expired. That last incident of humping the mayor's wife's leg at the inauguration sealed my fate Big smile

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 18:46
no no no no NO NO NO NOOO NOOOO!!!!! Dang it! What's next for 2020? The apocalypse??? I shouldn't have said that. I REALLY shouldn't have said that.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 09:59
It looks as though Mike has fixed it.  
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 12:29
certificate verified by Sectigo Limited Thumbs Up

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 12:58
Glad to see it is up and working again.  I could only access it by using an ancient version of IE and it was a pain.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2023 at 22:17
As you all have already noticed, ProgFreak website has been updated and PA Chart Section can be no good for evaluation charts (especially in Crossover all "cleared" artists have been added a DECADE before).

We cannot move any artist from a board to another at all.

Asked Mike a while before. Now waiting for his reply ... Ouch
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2023 at 22:20
Thanks for the update, Keishiro. I notice more discrepancies each time I visit, like certain groups being kicked off the evaluation charts and retired administrators having rejoined their respective teams. Should we resort to Google spreadsheets for the time being?
"Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 00:43
^ It's not bad either but also good for us to wait for Mike's reply I guess ... because he says "Over the last half year I heard nothing from any genre team (member)" so this time I've PMed him strictly. Wink

Edited by DamoXt7942 - January 16 2023 at 00:44
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 03:24
I haven't been able to access PF for about 3 days at all. 

This progfreak.com page can't be found. No webpage was found for the web address...

Is the inaccessibility a general problem (waiting for someone else to fix) or just mine (my own fix)? 
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 03:39
I have access now to the new progfreak database but wit a disclaimer:

NOTE: Unfortunately we had to roll back the database to the state of last Thursday today (Mon, January 16th), so we lost about 4 days of data. We apologise - this hasn't happened in a very long time. We are taking measures to make sure this particular problem will not happen again.

Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 06:16
Sounds like the usual 'upgrade' beta testing IT snafus going on.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 06:23
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

I have access now to the new progfreak database but wit a disclaimer:

NOTE: Unfortunately we had to roll back the database to the state of last Thursday today (Mon, January 16th), so we lost about 4 days of data. We apologise - this hasn't happened in a very long time. We are taking measures to make sure this particular problem will not happen again.

That might explain why I was not able to "join" or login with old or new user name and passwords.

I still need it explained to me why you all find Progfreak an asset. The albums I see seem so biased to melodic NeoProg or what I think people believe to be "prog" as opposed to the full spectrum of progressive rock music that I find it a bit intimidating and repulsive (as if a broad spectrum lover of all forms of progressive rock music like me would not feel welcome or at home in such an environment). Weird first impression!

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 07:09
It's an asset as a database to review new band for addition to PA. That's all I'm using it for.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 09:11
I have been the only regular user on there for many years.  I started logging and rating all of my listens about 15 years ago and have just continued doing so, whereas most other users just stopped using it. I think that Mike is trying to upgrade it to make it more modern and probably to appeal to people who use Rate Your Music.  I like being able to track how many times I have listened to a particular album and the ratings help me with my year-end lists.  I've never been involved with the PA charts, other than to check out artists that were suggested in order to see their status.  I'm not even sure how to do that anymore with the new beta version. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12