Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Ozric Tentacles single!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Ozric Tentacles single!
    Posted: June 23 2020 at 10:07
I never thought I would see the words "single" and Ozric Tentacles in the same sentence but here it is. Apparently a new full length album will appear later this year. https://www.loudersound.com/news/ozric-tentacles-to-release-new-single-this-saturday

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - June 23 2020 at 10:08
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 11:25
Well, it's about bloody time! Tongue
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 11:38
Sleepy Their last few albums have sounded so "recycled" that I'm not really looking forward to this new release. Hopefully, the time off and possible lineup changes have instilled in them something new. I'll keep an open mind, but I'm not holding my breath.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 11:39
Yes, but none of those albums had a single!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 12:21
Fantastic news! I thought Ed's solo album meant the Ozrics were done, I'm so glad that's not the case.
Technicians Of The Sacred IMO was one of their best albums, perfectly balanced with an organic and natural sound, something the band was really lacking for so many years. I hope the new one is in the same level.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 12:48
Does anyone know if Brandi is still in the band or what the current lineup is? Apparently Ed and Brandi are no longer together as a couple so I'm just curious what(if any)the fall out of that was.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2020 at 17:28
Here’s to hope. They’ve seem to be on auto-pilot for the last, however many releases.....
Ed’s guitar solo holds promise.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2020 at 13:43
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Does anyone know if Brandi is still in the band or what the current lineup is? Apparently Ed and Brandi are no longer together as a couple so I'm just curious what(if any)the fall out of that was.

Hi,

I read somewhere that she was back in the USA, and not in Scotland ... but don't remember where I saw that, and could never verify it.

I have some thoughts on why the band fell apart some, and Brandi is a Berklee graduate, and my take on it is that she is too conventional of a player to help Ed branch out ... that school is known for very good musicians, but they are not exactly trailblazers of a whole lot of music, and my thoughts would imagine that the school's tendencies are more for the "beginner" side of musicians, than it would be to help develop their musicians further ... but it's a thought ... I don't think it an exact reality. I do stick with the idea that if there is one thing that Berklee is afraid of even trying is working on "improvisation" other than a sound or a sequence of notes ... and I imagine that Ed is seeing some freedom ahead and not have to think about it becoming just another song ... and I suppose that is a good thing, although I really think Ed's best days are gone ... the solo album is nice, and very enjoyable, but it does not stand up well next to the Erplands, to the Strangeitudes and those amazing days ... !!!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply