Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Dark Third (New Zealand) - post/art/alt-prog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dark Third (New Zealand) - post/art/alt-prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallifrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dark Third (New Zealand) - post/art/alt-prog
    Posted: July 02 2020 at 17:04
Hi everyone

I used to post here a lot but have since kind of dropped off. Still this site and forum was one of my big gateways to music and therefore a big influence on my band.

We dropped an album in 2018 but I never really posted about it since it took a while to get added to the site. Today we released a new double A-side single, so I thought it would be a good time to post both of them here.

We have a wide range of sounds but I suppose centre on an atmospheric prog style influenced by Anathema and Porcupine Tree, with bits of indie rock, post-rock, black metal, shoegaze and emo coming in. We also have a saxophonist and used a lot of violin on the album.

We're working on like four albums at once at the moment, all of which are halted by the fact that we're all poor, so any donations are kindly welcomed.

Thanks for reading
Daniel
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/
Steve Conrad View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2020 at 10:50
Here's my review, also posted on Progarchives-  https://progressiverockfanatics.wordpress.com/2020/07/05/mournful-wistful-meditations/
 Post Reply Post Reply