Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pop Up Ads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop Up Ads
    Posted: August 06 2020 at 17:40
I use AdBlock too. This site is a downward spiral. Max increases the ad revenue and the navigating ease goes down. My enthusiasm has waned for this site since it's gotten more difficult to navigate this site. I'm experiencing more bugs than ever. The site crashes, pages don't load. It's a friggin nightmare. I sincerely hope that Max is secretly planning an upgrade but given his involvement in these sites i don't have much hope. Boo hoo. Love all of you who have participated and made this site so beautifully wonderful despite administrative f.uc.tardery.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2020 at 14:55
Yeah the ads have been crazy here since I came back after a few months. Just got another pop-up one. Lame.

Been getting more of that access denied sh*t too. I thought that was a thing of the past. Seems not...  
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2020 at 13:27
I use AdBlock and it blocked 9 ads on this page alone.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2020 at 22:12
Well I'm glad its not just me. Why does every update make the site worse? Especially maddening when so much of the site needs updating. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2020 at 19:32
They are a real PITA.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2020 at 18:00
I guess this website has been updated so that ads would be more aggressive yesterday ... Cry
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2020 at 17:40
I have noticed an intrusion of pop up ads all over the place of late and am wondering if I am alone?

The worst had to be today when I tried to enter a poll and a Kansas album and I got a massive full screen ad for something I couldn't even tell what it was, and couldn't find a way to click out of. 

And yes I know AdBlock, but I'm looking for something a little more constructive thanks. 

Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply