Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony Banks' Solo Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 00:56
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

A Curious Feeling is a masterpiece, The Fugitive is somewhat okay, everything else is boring fluff.

When writing this I hadn't yet listened to his soundtrack albums and since then I've developed a small fondness for the soundtrack to The Wicked Lady (a film I've never seen and don't have a particular interest in seeing). The orchestral side is a letdown, just a lot of cheesy generic Hollywood stuff, but the first side is a solid set of crossover prog instrumentals that's worth hearing in its own right.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 01:45

A Curious Feeling is a masterpiece, The Fugitive is somewhat okay, everything else is boring fluff.

When writing this I hadn't yet listened to his soundtrack albums and since then I've developed a small fondness for the soundtrack to The Wicked Lady (a film I've never seen and don't have a particular interest in seeing). The orchestral side is a letdown, just a lot of cheesy generic Hollywood stuff, but the first side is a solid set of crossover prog instrumentals that's worth hearing in its own right.
I've never seen The Wicked Lady film either, but I really like the soundtrack. Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2021 at 02:18
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Banks worked with Wang Chung? Those has beens? Did enjoy their Fire In The Twilight though. To Live and Die in L.A. was an interesting soundtrack album also. But Banks with Wang Chung? What next, Hackett with Air Supply?

If you're still unsure about Tony Banks & Wang Chung together, then maybe you haven't heard the epic  Island in the Darkness. Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2023 at 10:21
5 stars 2018: Tony Banks - Five - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrOS9uTOtsdpvMYZqpdZmGwKpzNQlgQaE

Tony Banks' Renaissance - the movie score that never was, sounding almost as good as Ennio Morricone! Thumbs Up

MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2023 at 12:57
I like his work with Empire, too, except when it sounds like Yes. But yes, I get it :)

https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123