Poll Question: Which debute album do you like the most
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [33.33%]
22 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 07:40
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Possibly my least favorite song from each lp...but I prefer Renaissance in this case.
Wow ! Least favourite songs.....
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 07:44
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Ultimately I go for VDGG. I love Wanderer and Kings and Queens but don't get that much out of the rest of the Renaissance album. The VDGG album is more consistent and has a proper highlight., too, with Necromancer.

Yeah, Necromancer is my favourite track from the album even though Octopus is perhaps the track most suggestive of their future.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 08:05
I quite like The Aerosol Grey Machine, and lately have indeed been enjoying it more. For me, the only reason it is placed so low down my list of favourite VdGG albums is that the other albums are so good.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 08:08
Banton is on fire during Octopus.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 08:12
Two words: John Hawken.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
socrates17 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socrates17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 20:41
I voted for Renaissance because it was Keith Relf's Renaissance, and an amazing album.  I refuse to recognize the existence of the other Renaissance (upstarts!) despite their popularity and longevity.  Otherwise, I would have voted for VdGG, one of my very favorite bands.  But their debut didn't really show us what they could do.  It took them a couple of albums to get up to speed.  Unlike Keith Relf's Renaissance who hit the ground running at full tilt.  I saw them once, at the Fillmore East.  They were amazing live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12