Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [35.63%]
28 [32.18%]
28 [32.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PFM vs. Banco vs. Le Orme
    Posted: July 20 2020 at 22:47
Which of the RPI big three do you love the most?

Gotta be PFM for me, followed by Le Orme then Banco.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 00:21
PFM for me.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 00:23
PFM.

My disc copy of Storia Di Un Minuto arrived yesterday! Not a lick of English in the entire damn booklet, just as I'd want it, lol. Cool

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 02:50
Love all three for sure. Le Orme is definitely my fave. I do have lots of LP’s from each of these greats, maybe 15 Orme, and around 10 each of the others.

Edited by Tom Ozric - July 21 2020 at 02:50
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 02:54
Banco for me
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 03:06
For some reason I haven't explored Le Orme much apart from Felona e Sonora, which I like a lot.
Banco appealed to me from the first listen and this applies to all of their material I know (I don't know the albums that have a really low rating, but then I don't think I need to). I'm still delighted by the quality of their last, Transiberiana, and was meant to see them live this year, which didn't happen because of Covid.
PFM have far less of a direct appeal to me, but I got into them a bit more over the last year or so.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 04:02
Difficult choice for me between Banco and PFM. Also depends on the moment and the mood. Will think about it.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 05:42
It's very, very close for me , but my vot is for PFM.
arturfd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arturfd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 09:09
Le Orme for me, with the most regular career.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 10:02
Banco 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 10:10
Le Orme
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 11:39
Banco all the time. The first three albums are essential in any prog collection. 
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 12:26
While I fully appreciate the talent and skill of Banco (as well as Le Orme), I've always connected with PFM's music better.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 14:45
Le Orme for sure. Strong for the whole 70s. Banco were a bit patchy and Pfm dropped off by mid 70s
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 15:22
I have loved all three, and all three were early discoveries of mine when I was getting into deeply exploring Prog around 2004. Banco del Mutuo Soccorso Is the one that held my interest the most. It’s also kind of interesting to me that the big Italian three, and big four if one includes Area, each had three albums that I considered to be masterpieces, and in the case of the big three, those all were released between 1972 and 1974.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 15:38
PFM for me, but the other two are pretty close too! 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:27
Banco, easily, for me. I never really got much into PFM, while Francesco Di Giacomo has become one of my 3 favourite singers ever.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:38
wow...  lot of love for Banco...  nice to see but never felt it myself.  Easily brings up the caboose of the big 6 train of Italian prog... just never connected with me. Though Metamorphosi is easily one of my top 20 speaker killer songs ever...  

really tight between PFM and Le Orme...  I do love my power trios and met the guys from the group and found them to be wonderful guys.. so a vote for the magnificent Le Orme who took ELP's inspiration and their fire.. but also quite simply did some of the prettiest and heartfelt prog I think anyone has done. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 21:52
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

wow...  lot of love for Banco...  nice to see but never felt it myself.  Easily brings up the caboose of the big 6 train of Italian prog... just never connected with me. Though Metamorphosi is easily one of my top 20 speaker killer songs ever...  

really tight between PFM and Le Orme...  I do love my power trios and met the guys from the group and found them to be wonderful guys.. so a vote for the magnificent Le Orme who took ELP's inspiration and their fire.. but also quite simply did some of the prettiest and heartfelt prog I think anyone has done. 

Metamorphosi is unbelievably loud for the year it came out, lol. Big fan of it. Also agreed on Le Orme doing some of the most beautiful prog in prog. Felona E Sorona.

Amazingly I still voted for PFM. That's just how much I love Per Un Amico.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2020 at 00:37
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Le Orme for sure. Strong for the whole 70s. Banco were a bit patchy and Pfm dropped off by mid 70s

that actually sums up how I feel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>