Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive Poll XIII - Surprise, surprise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Poll Question: Pick your three favourites!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [13.51%]
6 [16.22%]
5 [13.51%]
1 [2.70%]
1 [2.70%]
4 [10.81%]
4 [10.81%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.70%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.70%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 08:36
"Uptown Funk" is okay, but a little too derivative. Also, I had to play that in a cover band covering all instruments; guitar, synths and horns all on a keyboard. It took many solo rehearsals to get all the parts down, after the wedding gig was over, I never played that song again.

Edited by Easy Money - July 26 2020 at 17:09
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 08:31
"Groove is in the Heart", wonderful track, that was song of the year in about 1989 or 90. Great video too. The surprise was an appearance by Bootsy

Edited by Easy Money - July 26 2020 at 08:31
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 08:18
this is a hard one to choose from.. perhaps the hardest yet haha. Good job everyone! Beer
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 08:05
Still listening to the nominated songs. I've been a bit busy in the past couple of days, and - to be perfectly honest - sometimes the forum was not my favourite place to be.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone (Lorenzo?) noticed that the lady who introduces Carmen at the beginning of the video is none other but Amanda Lear, who was featured in one of the previous polls.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2020 at 01:34
tough one, my top 3

Air - Radian
Steve Miller Band - Shu Ba Da Du Ma Ma Ma Ma
Bruno Pernadas - Spaceway 70
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 19:04
I know this will shock you, but even though I knew the name of the song, since you can't avoid some things, I'd actually not heard it before.  I've paid no attention to hit radio since the early 90's and don't frequent anywhere that you would hear it.  So I was surprised by it being as good as it was.  Quite infectious and made me smile.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 18:44
Have to say, it's a surprise to say the least to see "Uptown Funk" nominated in a poll on Progarchives of all places.

"Groove Is In the Heart" I knew in advance too of course.

Edited by The Anders - July 26 2020 at 03:43
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 18:20
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Upon reflection, a recap of my Contenders of Surprise Surprise and the almost impossible decision of the Top Three.  This one was the most difficult yet and I think it may well have covered the widest range of music of any of the polls.  Kudos once again to Lewian and Lorenzo, for this one in particular and the original concept. 

Lewian:  Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait”  Really intriguing mix, the sound itself is almost like it’s being suppressed (not like compressed, however), sort of like it’s being played in a room down the corridor from the listener.  It is more upbeat than what usually makes me stop everything, but I certainly think it IS surprising, in one of your senses of describing how you mean this poll to be approached.  What is really surprising is that I don’t immediately know how I feel about it, so it will draw me back, probably a few times. 

The Anders: Dvar-Deii CD2 01 “Gyandarvaal”  Love the slow build of the organ beginning the piece.  There is a feeling of psychedelic circus (in a good way) to me as the song picks up with the calliope sounds.  Then sort of a maniacal elfin voice comes in, cheeping and chattering, ending abruptly.  Did someone stumble on their party in the dark woods, forcing them to disappear?

Lorenzo:  A Filetta  Danse Mémoire, Danse “I vostri squardi” (nomination) Very brooding and lush.  Gorgeous harmonies (as should be expected from your description), and I love when the horn comes in, it is suitably mournful. 

Micky:  Mark Ronson “Uptown Funk”  Not usually in what might be thought of as in my oeuvre, but this is very infectious, and I did grow up listening to a lot of funk and soul music, which my mom adored. 

Logan:  Air “Radian”  Very hypnotic and eerie, both.  Nice harp, horn and flute sounds, where it gets less eerie, but still outstanding, then moves into some other strange territory.  Wowie zowie, really enjoyed that!

Honourable Mentions to Moshkito & George:  Carmen “Bularias”  I was fortunate to see this band live as opener for Jethro Tull at The Forum in 1975.  They indeed had their amplified stage floor for the flamenco dancing part of their show.  John Glascock (who was in Carmen at this time) joined Jethro Tull after Carmen disbanded, his romantic partner, Angela Allen, was the flamenco dancer/band member.  Rock and flamenco go quite well together.  Special thanks to George for posting the live video.  It was really fun to revisit this, so had to give credit for that, even though it’s technically outside of my personal voting rules.

and

Ian: The Comet Is Coming “Summon the Fire”  Really groovin’ sax playing, that guy is a star.  Even though this was not your top choice to use here, I really enjoyed the heck out of this one. 

My Top Three, after careful consideration and much wavering:

1.        Logan’s pick, Air “Radian.”  I could not get this out of my mind’s ear.

2.        Lewian’s pick Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait.”  Another one that stayed in my mind,  I really enjoyed that strange production with the distance it created.

3.       A BIG fight between Micky’s “Uptown Funk,” by Mark Ronson and Lorenzo’s A Filetta  Danse Mémoire, Danse “I vostri squardi”  Two VERY unlike pieces to each other.  How to pick, do I like beer or sparkling water better?  Which soul do I go to, funky soul or inner soul?  But in the end, my funky soul won, partly because it is a less obvious choice for me, unless you knew the above, how much funk and soul was played in my home, especially by my mom, who loved to dance.  So “Uptown Funk,” it is.  Sorry, Lorenzo, yours is absolutely beautiful and what I will lean to searching out more of.  I don’t dance, but like my mom, I enjoy a bit of fun with all of the irony and melancholy in my soul.

Clap  no bagel there for him. I figured my choice was going to for sure LOL  Yeah I grew up on that stuff as well... both of my parents had highly eclectic.. yet very different tastes (as well as personalities haha). My mom was heavy into motown and 70's funk. She also was the one to push me into playing music and bought me my first bass guitar.

For some more attuned to popular music I can see the overload oversaturation with that song like Samuel mentioned but I've been living here and earlier prog sites before this for my discoveries for the last nearly 20 year and paid very very little attention to what has been going on outside the progressive side of modern music.. so when one of my friends got funky with some Graham Central Station I was playing at work one day a couple of years ago he said.. hey Micky... check this out. And damn right it surprised me..  and loved it immediately.

anyhow.. got a good listen in today thanks to Raff...  I'll take one more tomorrow and do up my votes and misc thoughts.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 17:36
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Lewian:  Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait”  Really intriguing mix, the sound itself is almost like it’s being suppressed (not like compressed, however), sort of like it’s being played in a room down the corridor from the listener.  (...) I really enjoyed that strange production with the distance it created.

You are such an expert listener that you can make me find something new to appreciate about a track that I have probably heard hundreds of times. I think it once crossed my mind that something is strange about the production, but you mention it as a major feature and that makes me listen to it differently, thanks!

By the way, the whole Valleys in my Head album where this can be found is totally awesome; unfortunately quite a bit better then everything else they or one of them have recorded that I know (I may not know it all but the Valleys in my Head album made me check out the majority of what they have).

Oh gee, *blush*  I definitely notice production values, and do not count against older ways of recording (in fact, often find that superior to modern techniques, it certainly did used to take considerable skill compared to now).  Most of the time, production values are just a matter of the equipment, the producer and the musicianship, but in this case, it truly seemed a deliberate choice to me, to choose to make it sound this way, it was one of the charms of the entire piece, almost another instrument.  I think that perhaps this is one of the reasons why we can listen to the same piece of music over and over, because there IS more to discover than hear it once and toss it.  Or can be, ideally, anyway Wink.  I will definitely look up the whole album and thank you for widening my horizons with it.Smile
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 16:13

...my idea was that tracks are nominated that surprised the nominator, but that doesn't mean that you need to vote on what surprised you most.
Oh that would be a pity. It would just become another best of... I think the surprisiness-level can be an important factor to value too. Smile

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 16:02
By the way, sorry to mention this now after some of you have already voted (it is in the introduction though), my idea was that tracks are nominated that surprised the nominator, but that doesn't mean that you need to vote on what surprised you most. Obviously you can if you want, but you might as well just vote for the one you like most, even if its surprise factor for you is by a value of 0.79 below the surprising top three.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 15:59

Lewian:  Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait”  Really intriguing mix, the sound itself is almost like it’s being suppressed (not like compressed, however), sort of like it’s being played in a room down the corridor from the listener.  (...) I really enjoyed that strange production with the distance it created.

You are such an expert listener that you can make me find something new to appreciate about a track that I have probably heard hundreds of times. I think it once crossed my mind that something is strange about the production, but you mention it as a major feature and that makes me listen to it differently, thanks!

By the way, the whole Valleys in my Head album where this can be found is totally awesome; unfortunately quite a bit better then everything else they or one of them have recorded that I know (I may not know it all but the Valleys in my Head album made me check out the majority of what they have).
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 13:18
So I voted for Diethelm/Famulari and Steve Miller Band for the reasons I stated before. I wouldn't normally vote on something I already knew but voted for Air because it managed to surprise me again Tongue If I hadn't listened to that Dee-Lite more recently I'd probably give it my vote.

Also, I think I'd go for "I Vostri Sguardi" if I was in a different mood. Just like I can spend a few months without wanting to listen to Prog Electronic and then it's all I want to hear (I'm in the former mood now).

Honourable mention to King Missile for being surprisingly funny LOL

The Comet Is Coming was one of the best discoveries from last year, thanks to the Tiny Desk concert.

I already knew the early Bee Gees music, I don't find it fascinating but at least it didn't ruin a music genre LOL

I thought it had passed enough time since the Uptown Funk fever but I still can't listen to it. It's a fine song but was everywhere five years ago. Same for Daft Punk's Get Lucky Ouch
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 12:08
I have to admit that I felt a bit lost with this particular poll.  Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy these days but other than the Detachable Penis song I can't say that I really felt surprised by any of these songs.  Part of it might be a case of "you just had to be there" and part of it being a case of not really being familiar with the other artists, so it is hard to be surprised if the songs sound completely unlike anything else they have done. 

A bit of a backstory to my Neil Diamond suggestion is that many years ago I got into my dad's record collection and happened to play the Jonathan Livingston Seagull album.  I was familiar with Neil Diamond at that point in my life, and while I liked his singing and songs I can't say that I was much of a fan at that time.  After all, I was listening to Motley Crue and Twisted Sister at this point in my life.  At any rate, when I played this album, I guess that I was surprised at the orchestral arrangements on this album.  It just wasn't what I was expecting to hear from him.  In my older years, I've actually seen Neil Diamond live 4 or 5 times now, and even brought my parents to see him on one occasion.  

As to the other songs listed, I will just make some general comments.  I like the first song listed: Portrait.  I think as with many of these threads, the OP's post tends to hit the mark closest to what they are expecting to hear.  It is actually a pretty good song, and a lot of music coming from just a duo.    I do have the Air-Radian album in my collection so won't vote on that.  I want to thank Micky and Raff for helping me revisit my wedding attendance nightmares. Is there anybody else out there that hates attending weddings because of the music that they play these days for people to dance to.  Those are actually two of the better songs that I heard at a most recent wedding (pre-Covid).  I am a Steve Miller Band fan (not to be confused with Trump's Steve Miller, Racist snake numero uno), and you managed to find a song from him that I was not familiar with.  It was pretty good, but I didn't really feel surprised.  The Beautiful People song made me think of Jimi Hendrix for the singing, more than the playing.  The Leonard Cohen song actually reminded me a bit of Bob Dylan.  I enjoyed the a-ha song, but other than one or two hits I'm not familiar with them so it didn't have a surprise factor for me.  At any rate, my vote goes to the King Missile song from which I liked the music and was surprised at how bad the lyrics were but that it actually wasn't that bad...maybe it is the juvenile teen boy that still lives inside me trying to get out.  LOL

Edited by rushfan4 - July 25 2020 at 12:08
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 11:54
Upon reflection, a recap of my Contenders of Surprise Surprise and the almost impossible decision of the Top Three.  This one was the most difficult yet and I think it may well have covered the widest range of music of any of the polls.  Kudos once again to Lewian and Lorenzo, for this one in particular and the original concept. 

Lewian:  Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait”  Really intriguing mix, the sound itself is almost like it’s being suppressed (not like compressed, however), sort of like it’s being played in a room down the corridor from the listener.  It is more upbeat than what usually makes me stop everything, but I certainly think it IS surprising, in one of your senses of describing how you mean this poll to be approached.  What is really surprising is that I don’t immediately know how I feel about it, so it will draw me back, probably a few times. 

The Anders: Dvar-Deii CD2 01 “Gyandarvaal”  Love the slow build of the organ beginning the piece.  There is a feeling of psychedelic circus (in a good way) to me as the song picks up with the calliope sounds.  Then sort of a maniacal elfin voice comes in, cheeping and chattering, ending abruptly.  Did someone stumble on their party in the dark woods, forcing them to disappear?

Lorenzo:  A Filetta  Danse Mémoire, Danse “I vostri squardi” (nomination) Very brooding and lush.  Gorgeous harmonies (as should be expected from your description), and I love when the horn comes in, it is suitably mournful. 

Micky:  Mark Ronson “Uptown Funk”  Not usually in what might be thought of as in my oeuvre, but this is very infectious, and I did grow up listening to a lot of funk and soul music, which my mom adored. 

Logan:  Air “Radian”  Very hypnotic and eerie, both.  Nice harp, horn and flute sounds, where it gets less eerie, but still outstanding, then moves into some other strange territory.  Wowie zowie, really enjoyed that!

Honourable Mentions to Moshkito & George:  Carmen “Bularias”  I was fortunate to see this band live as opener for Jethro Tull at The Forum in 1975.  They indeed had their amplified stage floor for the flamenco dancing part of their show.  John Glascock (who was in Carmen at this time) joined Jethro Tull after Carmen disbanded, his romantic partner, Angela Allen, was the flamenco dancer/band member.  Rock and flamenco go quite well together.  Special thanks to George for posting the live video.  It was really fun to revisit this, so had to give credit for that, even though it’s technically outside of my personal voting rules.

and

Ian: The Comet Is Coming “Summon the Fire”  Really groovin’ sax playing, that guy is a star.  Even though this was not your top choice to use here, I really enjoyed the heck out of this one. 

My Top Three, after careful consideration and much wavering:

1.        Logan’s pick, Air “Radian.”  I could not get this out of my mind’s ear.

2.        Lewian’s pick Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait.”  Another one that stayed in my mind,  I really enjoyed that strange production with the distance it created.

3.       A BIG fight between Micky’s “Uptown Funk,” by Mark Ronson and Lorenzo’s A Filetta  Danse Mémoire, Danse “I vostri squardi”  Two VERY unlike pieces to each other.  How to pick, do I like beer or sparkling water better?  Which soul do I go to, funky soul or inner soul?  But in the end, my funky soul won, partly because it is a less obvious choice for me, unless you knew the above, how much funk and soul was played in my home, especially by my mom, who loved to dance.  So “Uptown Funk,” it is.  Sorry, Lorenzo, yours is absolutely beautiful and what I will lean to searching out more of.  I don’t dance, but like my mom, I enjoy a bit of fun with all of the irony and melancholy in my soul.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 11:37
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Thanks for sharing this story. Must be great to share this kind of moments with those who create!
  I was in a very lucky place in that studio.  Robbie was always a gentleman and used to open the front door for me, as we often arrived at the same time.  That studio's got quite the history, it's a former Mason's Temple as well, so lots of secret passageways and such.  
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 11:15
Thanks for sharing this story. Must be great to share this kind of moments with those who create!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 10:55
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

So, how many have we got left ? Three ? Then my votes go to :
- Robbie Robertson and Ulali with Mahk Jchi. Very beautiful modern take on a traditional. Really like it very much and it is a nice discovery, and thus surprise.
- Bruno Pernadas with Spaceway 70: Yes, this really gets you on the way. Very good and pleasant listen. The biggest surprise wasn't it for...

...oh damn, I only got two left. Heck.
My biggest discovery and surprise, as I said above, was The Comet is Coming...
...so I give a second chance, and thus my third vote, finally to:
- Diethelm/Famulari with Portrait (as soon as I receive the 100 € check you promised me Wink )

Very glad you enjoyed that.  There is an associated story, when I worked at The Village Recorder, Robbie had an office there.  The whole studio were invited to his album release party, which was also held at The Village.  I was sitting there with a glass of champagne, listening to Robbie and people-watching, while the music was playing.  THEN.  This piece came on and I just had to get up and ask Robbie what this was and he told me, he was touched that I enjoyed such a meaningful piece that he'd included in this recording.

Thanks for joining in, too, your selection was very funny, still laughing at the humour in it. Will be interested to hear what you bring forth next time.

Edited by Snicolette - July 25 2020 at 10:56
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 10:25
OK, let's go! My take on these surprises.

First of all, many thanks for having put up this thread. It was really fun reading and listening (and watching) the different suggestions and has led to some real surprises for me.

I will first give some personal comments on the long list (all the songs put up here) before getting to the short list and my votes.

Starting with two bad surprises that made me run like hell as fast as I could, screaming for help Ermm (Oh, well, I may exaggerate a bit...):
- Opus III : this kind of music never was and never will be my thing - but she has beautiful eyes ;
- Carmen, with Bulerias : strange they weren't expelled before getting on stage. It sounded to me like a very bad executed parody of what flamenco prog could be, but I must admit that the horrendous sound quality of the video probably didn't do them a favor. (Maybe later, when I grow up, I will give it a try again when I find a good quality recording of their stuff...)

That leaves many good surprises!

First, a special mention for three very funny clips (most surprising videos): I must admit that I only discovered the Detachable Penis clip while looking for the song on youtube to put it up here. I have two King Missile albums that I play with much pleasure every once in a while, but I had never seen this MTV-clip.
The two other very funny clips are the harp and bagpipe torture films by respectively Joanna Newsom (very well crafted musique concrète soundtrack, btw) and Eels. Thanks for making me discover them.

The good surprises, musically speaking. from the longlist: I will stick to what have been for me really good surprises that I discovered thanks to this thread. Otherwise, Air, The Steve Miller Band, Pierre Henry and some others would have ended up high on my final list.
The real surprises, and discoveries, for me were the acoustic versions of Born in the USA (I only knew the big hit album version) - it really becomes a wonderful song, this way, what was for me just a mainstream rock song before - and especially The Comet is Coming - for me the biggest discovery here and I will certainly explore more of this band.

Now, the shortlist and my votes:
You understood that Carmen will not get one. Many pleasant listens regarding the others, but as said, my votes will not go to the songs that I have or have heard before (or that were no real musical surprises). So no Air, Mark Ronson, Dee-Lite, Steve Miller Band, Beautiful People, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond nor A-Ha.

- Diethelm/Famulari was a nice discovery, I really enjoyed it but musically it was not very surprising to me - I won't necessarily run to the record shop to get their album... but maybe buy it some day, just out of curiosity to hear the rest.
- Dvar, nice to discover too - a kind of Michael Nyman meets Jean-Michel Jarre. But a bit too much Jarre for me.
- A vostri sguardi by A Filetta, Fresu and di Bonaventura: very beautiful but a bit too subdued to me. Youtube was geo-blocked for me but I found the album on deezer and listened to a couple of other tracks which confirmed the subdued or even ambient quality of it. I attended to a couple of polyphony performances in Portugal and France, and it may be for me something more to see and hear live than listen to at home.

So, how many have we got left ? Three ? Then my votes go to :
- Robbie Robertson and Ulali with Mahk Jchi. Very beautiful modern take on a traditional. Really like it very much and it is a nice discovery, and thus surprise.
- Bruno Pernadas with Spaceway 70: Yes, this really gets you on the way. Very good and pleasant listen. The biggest surprise wasn't it for...

...oh damn, I only got two left. Heck.
My biggest discovery and surprise, as I said above, was The Comet is Coming...
...so I give a second chance, and thus my third vote, finally to:
- Diethelm/Famulari with Portrait (as soon as I receive the 100 € check you promised me Wink )

Many thanks to all. Again it was fun to read, listen, watch, discover and be surprised !

Edit:
Oh yes, of course: the third one was Detachable Penis, but I'm not allowed to vote for that. Must have been the pastis...
Well, despite all the nonsense, my votes are sincere. Cheers !

Edited by suitkees - July 25 2020 at 10:35

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 05:52
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Let the voting begin!
(Should I put together a playlist with nominated tracks only, or Mathman are you on the job? Great work by the way.) 

Again heard a few more... Imagine cover and Detachable Penis... I have so much fun here with your stuff!

Done:

Clap thanks!  Didn't have much time to listen or contribute this time around so this really helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>