Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive Poll XIII - Surprise, surprise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Poll Question: Pick your three favourites!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [13.51%]
6 [16.22%]
5 [13.51%]
1 [2.70%]
1 [2.70%]
4 [10.81%]
4 [10.81%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.70%]
5 [13.51%]
3 [8.11%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.70%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:23
@Nicki

Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Here was a surprise to me.  I did not expect to hear this when I first heard this, as it is on a recording by Robbie Robertson & The Red Road Ensemble, Music for the Native Americans.  I find it just hypnotic and gorgeous.  Although I knew the premise of the LP before hearing it, I expected to hear Robbie Robertson, pretty much.  This is actually an all female Native American group, Ulali, performing Mahk Jchi, who guested on his album.

VIDEO REMOVED

Interesting sound.
It resembles Japanese songs, which makes me think that Homo sapiens passed through the Bering Strait, and in fact the Native Americans they look like features to Chinese, Mongolians and Japanese.

@Raffaella
I love the firsts three or four albums by Chris Isaak.
Wicked Game is wonderful.

"Happiness is real only when shared"
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:26
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

Guys & Gals

It became certain yesterday that we're going to our summerhouse in a couple of days. 

I'll not have unlimited internet connection there. It will be like 10GB a month, that I'll use via my mobile phone, mostly for my work which requires the usage of the internet.

I also mentioned earlier that I'll have to concentrate on my work.

So, not only I'll not be able to take part in this awesomeness, but also I'll not be a poll creator for an indefinite period of time.

Please accept my apology...

All the best to you, have fun.

Özgür

Good vacation, my friend.

jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:32
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I thought of a few surprises. My biggest surprise involved an Australian band. My brother was friends with band members in Cairns, I moved there for a year when I was 19. They had their own bar, and I was a bartender (but not there, that would be too much coincidence). ;). The night before I came back to Canada, my brother and I went see that band, Johno's Blues band live at their bar. In fact, the band's "Don't Knock the Croc" was the first thing my brother played on a jukebox on my first day in Cairns. When I got back home to Vancouver I put on the radio and "Don't Knock the Croc" was playing. Hey, don;t knock the coincidence even if it sounds like a crock of kaka. While that was a hit in Australia, I don't remember it ever playing here before or after. My other big coincidence surprise was at about the same time. I had just bought the CD of Kate Bush's The Kick Inside and was listening to it for the first time. At the same time I was reading (I liked to multi-task) a wonderful book about Paul Theroux's travels around China called Riding the Iron Rooster. Kate Bush has a song called "Strange Phenomena" on it and I was hearing it for the first time which is about strange coincidences. At the exact same time that the book mentioned the Buddhist chant "Om Mani Padme Hum", Kate Bush started singing the chant. If I had been the superstitious type, I might have seen this as some sort of revelation. I've heard less compelling to me coincidences put forward by superstitious types as evidence for the supernatural. I did have some interest in the paranormal for sure.

I'm going for what seems lesser coincidence as my surprising choice even if it's not amazing in any way. I had just got into a dark comedy radio series called Blue Jam from the 90s (this wasn't that long ago), and it played a lot of music on the show. One of the songs was Pulp's "Dishes". A quite popular song that I had heard before, but I, being a pattern seeking animal, have thought before that quite a lot of that could refer to me, and yes, of course this is quite absurd, but still, and none of it is that surprising.... The song starts with "I am not Jesus though I have the same initials. I am the man who stays home and does the dishes". I too am not Jesus, and while I do not have the same initials, I too am the man who stays home and does the dishes." Oh and I would like to make that water wine even if it's impossible. Anyway, I rarely listen to music radio now (even if Blue Jam was a sketch comedy series for the radio that heavily incorporated music), but in the car I put on the radio (the night before I had listened to the Blue Jam episode that played the Pulp song, and what was on, but Pulp's Dishes (and its station I very rarely listen to). Having recently fallen for Blue Jam as much as I did, it felt fairly significant.

Greg, have you read the latest book published by Carl Gustav Jung? Let's say its a sort of autobiography. 

In the end he talks about many paranormal events that he cared for, revealing many background stories of his life and interpreting them with the keys of the analytical psychology that he had formulated which, in fact, is also inspired by myths, religions and mystical wisdoms.

Edited by jamesbaldwin - July 21 2020 at 18:33
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:35
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Guys & Gals

It became certain yesterday that we're going to our summerhouse in a couple of days. 

I'll not have unlimited internet connection there. It will be like 10GB a month, that I'll use via my mobile phone, mostly for my work which requires the usage of the internet.

So, not only I'll not be able to take part in this awesomeness, but also I'll not be a poll creator for an indefinite period of time.

Özgür

Good vacation, my friend.

Thank you, Lorenzo.

Big hugs to you all. Hug
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:37

@Nicki

Here was a surprise to me.  I did not expect to hear this when I first heard this, as it is on a recording by Robbie Robertson & The Red Road Ensemble, Music for the Native Americans.  I find it just hypnotic and gorgeous.  Although I knew the premise of the LP before hearing it, I expected to hear Robbie Robertson, pretty much.  This is actually an all female Native American group, Ulali, performing Mahk Jchi, who guested on his album.

VIDEO REMOVED

Interesting sound.
It resembles Japanese songs, which makes me think that Homo sapiens passed through the Bering Strait, and in fact the Native Americans they look like features to Chinese, Mongolians and Japanese.

@Raffaella
I love the firsts three or four albums by Chris Isaak.
Wicked Game is wonderful.

Yes!!!!  And I agree so much on the connection across the Bering Sea and think that there are possible lingual roots in common, although I do not know for certain.  It is very sweet sounding to my ears.

Edited by Snicolette - July 21 2020 at 18:37
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:38
Going back to my previous way of doing this, first here are my thoughts on all so far, and will add another in a group as more chime in or those here chime in with more. 

Lewian:  Diethelm “Famulari – Portrait”  Really intriguing mix, the sound itself is almost like it’s being suppressed (not like compressed, however), sort of like it’s being played in a room down the corridor from the listener.  It is more upbeat than what usually makes me stop everything, but I certainly think it IS surprising, in one of your senses of describing how you mean this poll to be approached.  What is really surprising is that I don’t immediately know how I feel about it, so it will draw me back, probably a few times.  😊

The Anders: Dvar-Deii CD2 01 “Gyandarvaal”  Love the slow build of the organ beginning the piece.  There is a feeling of psychedelic circus (in a good way) to me as the song picks up with the calliope sounds.  Then sort of a maniacal elfin voice comes in, cheeping and chattering, ending abruptly.  Did someone stumble on their party in the dark woods, forcing them to disappear?

Lorenzo:  A Filetta  Danse Mémoire, Danse “I vostri squardi”  Very brooding and lush.  Gorgeous harmonies (as should be expected from your description), and I love when the horn comes in, it is suitably mournful.  “Sumiglia,” your nomination.  Begins with a keening solo, joined in with the other voices as a subtle backdrop, this one gave me chills.  Bravo to them and to you for bringing it here.  The acoustic Springsteen’s of “Born in the USA”  the beauty of a singer/songwriter (even a rock one) is that the songs can be stripped to their basics and they still have their true character, sometimes, even more so in the simplicity of it.  I like the echo-y sound of the guitar and also on his voice on the demo….then he sort of reprises that, on the 12-string live, but not quite so much.  I prefer this live one to the demo, he is such a good, good live performer.  The third one (also live), the beginning work with the slide sounds almost raga-ish, this is my favourite of the three.

Rushfan4:  Rush “One Little Victory”  Obviously, I am familiar with Rush, so waiting to hear your selection of a non-PA band.

Micky:  Mark Ronson “Uptown Funk”  Not usually in what might be thought of as in my oeuvre, but this is very infectious, and I did grow up listening to a lot of funk and soul music, which my mom adored.  And I quite enjoyed all of your responses to Raff's, being familiar with all of them.

Raff:  Deee-Lite “Groove is in the Heart”  I remember when this record (and the video) was really big here in the states.  Great dance/soul music.  (edited, I'd mixed up yours and Micky's videos by accident)  Fleetwood Mac “Hypnotized” Nice laid-back sound in this era of Fleetwood Mac, lots of airplay, making a bridge from the more blues-based Peter Green version to what would eventually morph into the enormously successful version a few years later.  Chris Isaak “Wicked Game.”  This song kind of rivals what happened with the Moody’s (“Nights in White Satin”) with the time between first release to smash hit land a bit later, with this video being released after it’s placement in David Lynch’s “Wild At Heart.”  Very sensual video, two beautiful people.  And a just drop dead gorgeous spare and haunting arrangement.  Chris deserved it and more, he’s a great guy and worked hard at his craft.

Logan:  Matt Berry “Rain Came Down” Completely not expecting what I heard vs the LP cover.    “The Pheasant,” I rather liked more, with it’s sorta psych-folk-proggishness.  But the first one was certainly a surprise, although not as much to my taste.

Edited by Snicolette - July 22 2020 at 07:55
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:40
My biggest surprise came way back sometime around 197?.  One of the first 8-tracks that I could call my very own was Steve Miller Band's "Fly Like an Eagle".  I loved that song and album so much, that it sparked an interest in his music, but I honestly thought (back then) that it was his only album.  It was a year or two after that, that I finally purchased "The Joker" and totally expected the same basic thing as FLaE.  I was a little disappointed, at first, until I heard the instrumental break on "Shu-ba-da-du-ma-ma-ma-ma".  That exciting build up, the amazing bass solo, the tension build up to the explosive guitar solo, all of this was something I wasn't expecting, and by the time I heard this, I was pretty much fully immersed into music, so it was a huge shock for me then.  Here is the clip:

ExclamationThe Steve Miller Band - "Shu ba da du ma ma ma ma"

EDIT:  The above is my official pick for voting.

Imagine yourself hearing this the first time and not knowing anything about Steve Miller's pre-FLaE material.  Well, soon I was loving this album and searching for all of his back catalog.  The most surprising one is my alternate clip as it is very odd on the first listen and may not be to the liking of a lot of people, but it is 100% psychedelic, space-acid-trip music, but probably the most shocking thing I have ever heard from Mr. Miller's band.  At first listen, I thought it was trash, but over the years, I have grown to appreciate and love it.  

The Steve Miller Band - "Jackson Kent Blues"

Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised a lot over the years with music, but Steve Miller's back catalog always had the most hidden surprises and treasures than any other artist in my opinion.  Maybe it's because he was one of my first favorites, but it's music I still love to this day.

Edited by TCat - July 23 2020 at 09:24

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 18:43

Guys & Gals

Özgür

Have fun and stay safe!

Watch out for stray kender!

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 19:02
This was a hard one for me. Not sure if I'll have any alternates later. Part of the problem (as Raff had mentioned for herself earlier) is memory. I am sure I have been plenty surprised at the time, but now wouldn't recall. 

So, heard this song off a music sampler CD. Reading the brief description, I didn't think I would like it (I was listening more to alt rock like Jane's Addiction, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden at the time), and the idea of a techno/house music band making songs from Hendrix samples seemed strange. But, surprise, I liked it. It was a chill reworking of "If 6 Was 9" with guitar added from "Voodoo Chile" and some vocal samples. Got the CD and the album ended up being one of my favorites from the 90's. It was good thing that I got the disc because the band had been given permission and free reign to use any Hendrix sample in making the disc by the Hendrix estate but then lost the permissions when Jimi's ex-wife got control a few years later. CD is out of print now, but the album is available digitally. 

Another track from the album.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 19:55

Logan: Matt Berry “Rain Came Down” Completely not expecting what I heard vs the LP cover.    “The Pheasant,” I rather liked more, with it’s sorta psych-folk-proggishness. But the first one was certainly a surprise, although not as much to my taste.

I wouldn't go with those, it's just funny to me, especially with the Paul McCartney perfauxmance, which did surprise me momentarily when I first heard it. I don't think many would be fooled by it here, but when you're not expecting anything.... Especially strange when combined with the lyrics. It's very silly. That PMesque vocalist did Sassy Trump, which you might have seen me post a clip of, and played Crowley in the excellent BBC radio adaptation of Good Omens. For my choice, I'll probably stick with my original, Pulp's Dishes -- my only concerns being that I think it's too well-known and that I haven't an interesting story to tell. So what, I heard it while listening to an old archived British radio comedy-musical show from the 90s (that I loved), then happened to hear it on the local radio the next day even though I rarely listen to music radio. Kind of a boring story, except for the fact that I'm not Jesus either, also do dishes and would like to turn water into wine -- lol). There was another song I wanted to go for more with maybe a more interesting story, but I anticipate using it another poll. As Micky says, it's the story behind why something is surprising that makes so interesting to me, and of course some will have more interesting tales of surprise to tell. Had I gone with that Australian "Don't Knock the Croc", that I think was very surprising, but I don't really like the song. I might go with the Air one I posted in my OP, since I was really surprised to really like it after having sl*g.ed the album when I gave it another listen (I was probably distracted the first time, or whining because I'd run out of wine). I do hope to come up with some more surprising choices, maybe some that shocked me (but in a tasteful way).

Edited by Logan - July 21 2020 at 20:04
thepenultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the penultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 19:57
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

My biggest surprise came way back sometime around 197?.  One of the first 8-tracks that I could call my very own was Steve Miller Band's "Fly Like an Eagle".  I loved that song and album so much, that it sparked an interest in his music, but I honestly thought (back then) that it was his only album.  It was a year or two after that, that I finally purchased "The Joker" and totally expected the same basic thing as FLaE.  I was a little disappointed, at first, until I heard the instrumental break on "Shu-ba-da-du-ma-ma-ma-ma".  That exciting build up, the amazing bass solo, the tension build up to the explosive guitar solo, all of this was something I wasn't expecting, and by the time I heard this, I was pretty much fully immersed into music, so it was a huge shock for me then.  Here is the clip:

The Steve Miller Band - "Shu ba da du ma ma ma ma"

Imagine yourself hearing this the first time and not knowing anything about Steve Miller's pre-FLaE material.  Well, soon I was loving this album and searching for all of his back catalog.  The most surprising one is my alternate clip as it is very odd on the first listen and may not be to the liking of a lot of people, but it is 100% psychedelic, space-acid-trip music, but probably the most shocking thing I have ever heard from Mr. Miller's band.  At first listen, I thought it was trash, but over the years, I have grown to appreciate and love it.  

The Steve Miller Band - "Jackson Kent Blues"

Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised a lot over the years with music, but Steve Miller's back catalog always had the most hidden surprises and treasures than any other artist in my opinion.  Maybe it's because he was one of my first favorites, but it's music I still love to this day.

love Jackson Kent Blues Clap

and a big amen to that!!!! Beer  and smoke them if you got 'em everyone..

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:12

<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">I thought of a few surprises. My biggest surprise involved an Australian band. My brother was friends with band members in Cairns, I moved there for a year when I was 19. They had their own bar, and I was a bartender (but not there, that would be too much coincidence). ;). The night before I came back to Canada, my brother and I went see that band, Johno's Blues band live at their bar. In fact, the band's "Don't Knock the Croc" was the first thing my brother played on a jukebox on my first day in Cairns. When I got back home to Vancouver I put on the radio and "Don't Knock the Croc" was playing. Hey, don;t knock the coincidence even if it sounds like a crock of kaka. While that was a hit in Australia, I don't remember it ever playing here before or after. My other big coincidence surprise was at about the same time. I had just bought the CD of Kate Bush's The Kick Inside and was listening to it for the first time. At the same time I was reading (I liked to multi-task) a wonderful book about Paul Theroux's travels around China called Riding the Iron Rooster. Kate Bush has a song called "Strange Phenomena" on it and I was hearing it for the first time which is about strange coincidences. At the exact same time that the book mentioned the Buddhist chant "Om Mani Padme Hum", Kate Bush started singing the chant. If I had been the superstitious type, I might have seen this as some sort of revelation. I've heard less compelling to me coincidences put forward by superstitious types as evidence for the supernatural. I did have some interest in the paranormal for sure.</span>

I'm going for what seems lesser coincidence as my surprising choice even if it's not amazing in any way. I had just got into a dark comedy radio series called Blue Jam from the 90s (this wasn't that long ago), and it played a lot of music on the show. One of the songs was Pulp's "Dishes". A quite popular song that I had heard before, but I, being a pattern seeking animal, have thought before that quite a lot of that could refer to me, and yes, of course this is quite absurd, but still, and none of it is that surprising.... The song starts with "I am not Jesus though I have the same initials. I am the man who stays home and does the dishes". I too am not Jesus, and while I do not have the same initials, I too am the man who stays home and does the dishes." Oh and I would like to make that water wine even if it's impossible. Anyway, I rarely listen to music radio now (even if Blue Jam was a sketch comedy series for the radio that heavily incorporated music), but in the car I put on the radio (the night before I had listened to the Blue Jam episode that played the Pulp song, and what was on, but Pulp's Dishes (and its station I very rarely listen to). Having recently fallen for Blue Jam as much as I did, it felt fairly significant.

Greg, have you read the latest book published by Carl Gustav Jung? Let's say its a sort of autobiography. 

In the end he talks about many paranormal events that he cared for, revealing many background stories of his life and interpreting them with the keys of the analytical psychology that he had formulated which, in fact, is also inspired by myths, religions and mystical wisdoms.

I guess you mean Man and His Symbols, no though I think I've read bits and pieces of it. I did read Memories, Dreams, Reflections, which I thought you might have been referring to, and some earlier works.   My best friend was very, very into Jung. I like to slip Jungian archetypes into conversation to make me sound sophisticated. ;)

Edited by Logan - July 21 2020 at 20:14
thepenultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the penultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:14
Logan, I realize I had jumped aged in the order, missed listening to and commenting on Dishes and also, Pedro's will make up for that very soon. Thanks for nudging me!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:19
^ No worries. I haven't listened to anybody's music yet. Some I already know like that album by Pedro which is included in PA, so wouldn't make the poll even if but one track from it were included according to the guidelines. Good album, though.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:20
and one back at you Mike... talk about an artist with a back catalog that can offer many a surprise

but one for you since I take it you were a Prine fan...

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:23
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Nice to have your contribution here Pedro! Well, I can kind of guess what's going to happen if I tell you that technically this poll is about songs and not whole albums, so I won't. We'll happily live with this (although I cannot promise that everyone will listen to this in its entirety). Wink

Hi,

BULLERIAS ... the opening cut! They showed DB  how to dance on stage, complete with lots of feet and castanets!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 20:25

The song starts with "I am not Jesus though I have the same initials. I am the man who stays home and does the dishes". I too am not Jesus, and while I do not have the same initials, I too am the man who stays home and does the dishes." Oh and I would like to make that water wine even if it's impossible. 

Shhhhhhhhh I have a secret to tell you Shhhhhhhhhhh

I call this my nightly miracle.  I turn water to wine every night.  Switch your water glass to a wine glass and .......voila!

ShhhhhhhhhWink

Also I think we have spoken of coincidences in other places (no coincidence there!).  Paranormal?  Angels?  Some other kinds of signs? Complete accidents?  Who knows.  All I know is, they happen.

Hi,

Probably listening to THE THIRD EAR BAND a little too much!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 22:14

Logan, I realize I had jumped ahead in the order, missed listening to and commenting on Dishes and also, Pedro's will make up for that very soon. Thanks for nudging me!
  Sorry, was working from my phone, this is why I don't like to, too tiny for my fingers.  Duplicate of post above.  This can be removed or ignored.

Edited by Snicolette - July 22 2020 at 07:50
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 22:15

I am still contemplating an alternate.  I'm torn because the piece I most want to use doesn't have anything of it in particular, on YT.  I know that dropbox works here, am I allowed to make a copy of it from my own collection and paste it here?  I do own the LP (and CD), just for some reason that one by the artist doesn't appear anywhere on YT.
Just remembered this artist IS on PA, so not going to worry about it (my first alternate thought). Still thinking of an alternate, two different women artists in mind.  Edited to add that I ended up choosing a male alternate instead, that is not on PA.

Edited by Snicolette - July 22 2020 at 07:58
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2020 at 22:40
I edited my first post to include and change my nomination from Pulp's "Dishes" to Eel's "Beautiful Freak". I had some rather somewhat surprising coincidences with that song, and I am freakishly beautiful, which should come as no surprise.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>