Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Covid-19 Invitational Tournament-Heavy Hitters #3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid-19 Invitational Tournament-Heavy Hitters #3

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which song should move on to the next round?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
4 [66.67%]
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid-19 Invitational Tournament-Heavy Hitters #3
    Posted: August 03 2020 at 08:36
Welcome to the third grouping of the Heavy Hitters.  These 5 songs are all recent releases for well-known bands that have had previous mainstream success or are at least very well-known on PA.  Vote for the song that you think might have the best chance to have mainstream success in my alternative reality world where the mainstream actually listens to music produced by prog artists.

The first track comes to us from Norway:

The wizards of US Prog/AOR return with their latest:

Classic band returns from the ashes with this really cool guitar hook:

Bang that Gong:

The only big 7 band to make an appearance in this tournament:

Give 'em a listen.  I hope that you enjoy.  Pick the one that you think would most likely appeal to a mainstream audience if they new that prog bands even existed.

If you missed the first two brackets of the Heavy Hitters and want to check them out and vote here are the links to those polls.  

And as always, all of the polls from the first two groupings are available for listening and voting if you are interested.  Check them out.  You may find your new most favorite song!!! Wink
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 08:43
Kansas.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 11:53
^ Yeah. Seems the obvious choice. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 12:02
Close call between Wishbone Ash and Gong. I don't care for the vocalist in WA but I believe it is more alt-universe radio ready. So WA gets my vote.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 15:40
I'm waiting for Paul to discover Yes' From a Page so he can post a thread declaring it the best Yes album ever. 
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 19:23
Between Kansas and Wishbone...chose Kansas.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 22:17
Kansas ahead of Wishbone.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 08:52
In hopes of getting some more interest in this tournament and getting some more votes, I am bumping the Heavy Hitter threads from the first three rounds.  I will be ending the first round at the end of August so I am really hoping for some more participation.  I believe that many of those who have participated have discovered at least one good new song in each batch. Give it a shot, maybe you too will find something that you like!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2020 at 09:25
This forum needs to stand as one and create some memories.  This poll is looking for some more listens and more votes.  It will remain open for the next 8 days and then I will move on to the 2nd round.
 Post Reply Post Reply