Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seven tracks off seven fairly hard & psych albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seven tracks off seven fairly hard & psych albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of these are you enjoying the most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [55.00%]
2 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [20.00%]
2 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [5.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seven tracks off seven fairly hard & psych albums
    Posted: August 03 2020 at 11:33
I'm keeping this poll quite short on purpose. I like to included tracks so people can easily check out the music, and lots of tracks can cause problems (page load problems and too much too check out). All of these are from the late 60s or early 70s.

Atomic Rooster - "Death Walks Behind You" (1970)

Black Widow - "In Ancient Days" (1970)

Gun - "The Sad Saga of the Boy and the Bee" (1968)

Lucifer's Friend - "Lucifer's Friend" (1970)

Message - "Dreams and Nightmares (Nightmares)" (1973)

(1970)

Writing on the Wall - "Aries"

Yesterday's Children - "Hunter's Moon"

Normally I would allow multiple votes, but it has been said by others that that rather spoils the fun in choosing. I've posted the Message in a few polls (love "Dreams" as much as "Nightmares") and is my particular favourite of those listed. I love the riffs and the sax appeal. Even though all of these are classics, I do hope to expose some people to some music they may have missed. "Come to the Sabbat" tends to be my most listened to Black Widow (I play it every Halloween as part of my playlist), but I think this listed one is very good and has not much mention attention from me in topics over the years (the album has). I expect that the Atomic Rooster will get the most votes, but I don't treat polls as contests. Feel free to mention any others provided you can say something about any of my choices (just don't expect ones to be included). Hope some people find something to enjoy. :)
thepenultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the penultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 12:47
I don’t usually vote in my own polls, but I voted for the Message track,   The Black Widow track is right up there too, and I love the Gun. Of course I like all of these tracks. The Atomic Rooster is rightfully a major classic of its ilk.
thepenultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the penultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 14:16
I went with the predictable vote and voted for Atomic Rooster.  It is the only song that I was familiar with.  The other songs were good too, especially the Message song. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 14:22
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I went with the predictable vote and voted for Atomic Rooster.  It is the only song that I was familiar with.  The other songs were good too, especially the Message song. 

Thanks Scott for replying. This is the Message song that got me to get the album the other is off:

Such awesomely wicked riffage for me. It represents well what I love about heavy classic riff rock. I love the drive and groove, and I am a sax fan. To some it would be too repetitive and overlong, but I like repetition in music.

Edited by Logan - August 03 2020 at 14:24
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 19:20
Tough choices...I have all of those on cd (Rooster on vinyl) except for Aries and Yesterdays Children. One can find them on cd..hard to get a few of those on vinyl.
Rooster I suppose...always liked that album but a fan Of Lucifers Friend as well as Gun and Message.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 19:46
Lucifer's Friend.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 20:24
Lucifer's Friend.

I forgot how much Chris Cornell sounded like John Lawton.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 20:45
Atomic Rooster it is.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2020 at 22:16
Always liked this Atomic Rooster.
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 01:36
Very nice collection! I tend to link Lucifer's friend, Atomic Rooster and Black Widow myself.
Hard to pick against Rooster, it's a great song and a very potent album as a whole...
Mudpuppy64 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudpuppy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2020 at 14:28
All But Black Widow for me . But Voted Message .

Edited by Mudpuppy64 - August 04 2020 at 14:29
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2020 at 02:36
Well the most fun was certainly Widow's Ancient Days, and unlike other of their tracks of theirs, this one is not verging on the ridiculous

btw, I thought Gun's Sad Saga rather enjoyable too.

Edited by Sean Trane - August 05 2020 at 02:38
 Post Reply Post Reply