Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post the best music-videos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 21:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

One of the best ever from a creativity and design perspective. I remember it won a ton of MTV music awards and ranks as one of the all time greats.

Dang, I hadn't seen that video in a longtime.
cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 22:06
Female-fronted-metal!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 08:33
I'm diggin all the female fronted videos......I know some of them but the new one's are excellent too.
Thumbs Up
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 09:46
Not metal, but all-female rock band. Classic rock influenced. The video is well-filmed in a unique setting. 

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 09:50
I posted this video in the COVID tournament thread and thought it was a really cool video so I thought that I would share it here too.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 10:52
Not really keen on the music, but I loved the rich animated imagery in this video:

Then here's the music video for The Nature of Things by Herbert Bail Orchestra which tells a story. Much of it is without music and acts as a short film/music video.

I don't watch a lot of music videos, but my favourites would be ones that tell a story, have interesting aesthetics, and I am inclined towards the surreal. I'm not as keen on the ones which have the musicians just playing their instruments in it. I like those often which feel cinematic.

One I liked as child was The Police's Synchronicity II which has a cheesy Mad Max quality about it.

This one is interesting:

A favourite of mine was Air's Cherry Blossom Girl, which I found poignant (and rather depressing). It is age restricted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO7WNYUIvho

David Lynch has directed many music videos, this is one I liked done for Moby:

And The Big Dream:

Sorry, so many videos that I know page load will be difficult for some.

Edited by Logan - August 27 2020 at 11:02
Just a fanboy passin' through.
cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 15:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I'm diggin all the female fronted videos......I know some of them but the new one's are excellent too.
Thumbs Up
Yay! I'm happy to hear that! Smile

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I posted this video in the COVID tournament thread and thought it was a really cool video so I thought that I would share it here too.

That was cool!

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Then here's the music video for The Nature of Things by Herbert Bail Orchestra which tells a story. Much of it is without music and acts as a short film/music video.

Damn, that snake got murdered at 3:30! Tongue

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

This one is interesting:

Cartoon nudity! Tongue
cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 16:29
Female-fronted-metal!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 18:47
One more all female rock band.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 18:58
Film director Spike Jonze directed music videos prior to films and did this one after Being John Malkovich came out. Christopher Walken dancing!

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 19:38
A simple but wonderfully effective early video from Bob Dylan in 1965. Hell, it's even got beat poet Allen Ginsberg hanging out in the background. To top it off, the cue cards were written by Dylan, Ginsberg, folk singer Bob Neuwirth, and Donovan, of all people.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 20:08
If you want to see a music-video of a witch (a woman who practices witchcraft) being dragged by four men to be burned at the stake, then watch the video by Blackbriar in my previous post! It's pretty cool!
cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 20:12
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

I like it!

Film director Spike Jonze directed music videos prior to films and did this one after Being John Malkovich came out. Christopher Walken dancing!

Oh- I remember seeing this music-video many years ago! It's funny!
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 20:26
Originally posted by cold103 cold103 wrote:

If you want to see a music-video of a witch (a woman who practices witchcraft) being dragged by four men to be burned at the stake, then watch the video by Blackbriar in my previous post! It's pretty cool!

Here you go....

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 20:49
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Here you go....

Haha Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2020 at 18:44

I like it!

Nice! These ladies are really talented. Here's a couple of live videos. Second one is a  live version of the music video.

cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 16:05

I like it!

Nice! These ladies are really talented. Here's a couple of live videos. Second one is a  live version of the music video.

Awesome! Band-Maid is a good Japanese female-fronted-metal band! Smile Here are 4 other good Japanese female-fronted-metal bands!: Lovebites, Aldious, Passcode, and Broken By the Scream!

cold103 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cold103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 16:52
Mathman0806, I forgot about Liv Moon! They're another good Japanese female-fronted-metal band!

Robust View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 00:57
The amazing self-made video from young russian singer.
She has made cover on disputable rock song "The Sky of Slaves". But the girl used old Soviet children's films about russian knighs fighted against Dschinghis Khan. There are subtitles.

Boboulo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boboulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2020 at 01:14

The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>