Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 7 Tangerine Dream Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 17:18
A warm welcome to Balaboola from Ireland.

Is that the Ukrainian flag in your profile avatar?

1. Force Majeure (70 points)
2. Stratosfear (69 points)
3. Rubycon (45 points)
3. Ricochet (43 points)
5. Phaedra (41 points)
6. Zeit (28 points)
7. Tangram (26 points)

8. Cyclone (17 points)
9. Exit (16 points)
10. Alpha Centauri (15 points)

Balaboola View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Balaboola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2020 at 17:26
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

A warm welcome to Balaboola from Ireland.

Is that the Ukrainian flag in your profile avatar?

1. Force Majeure (70 points)
2. Stratosfear (69 points)
3. Rubycon (45 points)
3. Ricochet (43 points)
5. Phaedra (41 points)
6. Zeit (28 points)
7. Tangram (26 points)

8. Cyclone (17 points)
9. Exit (16 points)
10. Alpha Centauri (15 points)

Many thanks Thumbs Up

Nah, county colours...
Frankh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frankh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2020 at 00:14
Zeit
Rubycon
Ricochet
Phaedra
Stratosfear
Alpha Centauri
Electronic Meditation
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2020 at 00:31
Top 7 update with FrankH's votes added:-

1. Stratosfear (72 points)
2. Force Majeure (70 points)
3. Rubycon (53 points)
4. Ricochet (49 points)
5. Phaedra (45 points)
6. Zeit (40 points)
7. Tangram (26 points)

8. Cyclone (17 points)
8. Alpha Centauri (17 points)
10. Exit (16 points)

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 20 2020 at 13:52
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2020 at 13:19
Welcome Balaboola ! So agree. No idea how qualified I am to judge the 'Top' TD releases . Personal favourites simply because of the personal associations they evoke .  

1. Ricochet
2. Rubycon
3. Phaedra
4. Stratosfear
5. Cyclone
6. Pergamon
7.Logos 

Originally posted by Balaboola Balaboola wrote:

Hi all, newbie here Smile

The difficulty when rating albums is to separate the memories of when the music was first encountered from the music itself...  

1. Stratosfear
2. Phaedra
3. Rubycon
4. Ricochet
5. Force Majeure
6. Tangram
7. Logos

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2020 at 13:51
Top 7 update with Droxford's votes added:-

1. Stratosfear (76 points)
3. Rubycon (61 points)
3. Ricochet (61 points)
5. Phaedra (51 points)
6. Zeit (40 points)
7. Tangram (26 points)

8. Cyclone (20 points)
9. Alpha Centauri (17 points)
10. Exit (16 points)

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 07:21
Hi,

I can't list a favorite ... however I seem to come back to any of the LIVE material that had Linda Spa and Iris Camaa ... there is a neat and well conducted feeling in the music with those folks and going from Jerome to Thorsten, it didn't lose a touch at all ... and that is hard to do for any band, but TD? It's like it got better!

Consistently, all around, the best LIVE band ever!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 08:08
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I can't list a favorite ... however I seem to come back to any of the LIVE material that had Linda Spa and Iris Camaa ... there is a neat and well conducted feeling in the music with those folks and going from Jerome to Thorsten, it didn't lose a touch at all ... and that is hard to do for any band, but TD? It's like it got better!

You'll find four Tangerine Dream concerts featuring Linda Spa & Iris Camaa on this thread:- http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121442
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 10:46

You'll find four Tangerine Dream concerts featuring Linda Spa & Iris Camaa on this thread:- http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121442

I was not aware of that thread! With the fervor surrounding the forthcoming second massive box set Pilots of Purple Twilight (which will include the unreleased film scores The Soldier and The Keep, as well as the unabridged, remastered London Dominion concert that served as the blueprint for Logos), I know just what to post!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 11:02
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

You'll find four Tangerine Dream concerts featuring Linda Spa & Iris Camaa on this thread:- http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121442

I was not aware of that thread! With the fervor surrounding the forthcoming second massive box set Pilots of Purple Twilight (which will include the unreleased film scores The Soldier and The Keep, as well as the unabridged, remastered London Dominion concert that served as the blueprint for Logos), I know just what to post!
I had to go back to Page 10 to find that old Electronica thread. I posted it 10 months ago on November 9th. I saw a recent Tangerine Dream concert in the Prog Rock Dock concert series, but it's just not the same without the much-missed Edgar Froese there at the helm
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 11:09

I had to go back to Page 10 to find that old Electronica thread. I posted it 10 months ago on November 9th. I saw a recent Tangerine Dream concert in the Prog Rock Dock concert series, but it's just not the same without the much-missed Edgar Froese there at the helm

I just posted the details for the second 10-disc box set due next month. That's going to be epic!

Pilots of Purple Twilight is including, for the first time ever in remastered form on CD, a lot of fantastic material, like the Tatort tracks, which will wonderfully complement White Eagle, as they will occupy the same CD and follow the album proper. Of course, the rest of the Virgin albums are newly remastered and included. I can't wait!

If you want some live action featuring the Froese, Franke, Schmoelling line-up, I'm posting it!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 11:18
I have the twelve classic Tangerine Dream albums on the Virgin label in two CD box sets.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 11:25

I have the twelve classic Tangerine Dream albums on the Virgin label in two CD box sets.

Those are cool to have. They were low-priced. I just didn't like the track overlap. But the two new box sets add so much previously unheard and long unavailable vault material, they're must-haves.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 11:37

Those are cool to have. They were low-priced. I just didn't like the track overlap. But the two new box sets add so much previously unheard and long unavailable vault material, they're must-haves.
I feel the same way too about the track overlap. I would have much preferred one CD for each album, even if the box set had cost more money. The first Tangerine Dream box set has five albums on three discs and the second box set has seven albums on five discs. They did the same track overlap with the Edgar Froese box set too. Confused

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 21 2020 at 11:40
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 12:38

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

You'll find four Tangerine Dream concerts featuring Linda Spa & Iris Camaa on this thread:- http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121442

Hi,

Have them all ... absolutely love it ... and I would like to find some of the bootlegs from the early days, when things were different because you could not get the same sound twice easily enough!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2020 at 23:58

Top 7 update with Droxford's votes added:-

3. Rubycon (61 points)
3. Ricochet (61 points)
5. Phaedra (51 points)
6. Zeit (40 points)
7. Tangram (26 points)

8. Cyclone (20 points)
9. Alpha Centauri (17 points)
10. Exit (16 points)

are you trying to do to me Paul! top 7 i`ll be back need time to chose 7...Soon

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 00:05
Not sure how I missed this thread initially. I have a whole shelf dedicated to TD at home. Generally not a fan of anything pre 1975 so my list reflects that.

1. Purgatorio
2. Tangram
3. Kyoto
4. Exit
5. Views From a Red Train
6. Ricochet
7. Force Majeure
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 03:33
Top 7 update with RichardH's votes added:-

2. Force Majeure (71 points)
3. Ricochet (63 points)
4. Rubycon (61 points)
5. Phaedra (51 points)
6. Zeit (40 points)
7. Tangram (34 points)

8. Cyclone (20 points)
8. Exit (20 points)
10. Alpha Centauri (17 points)

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 22 2020 at 03:34
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 10:01

Without a doubt, those ARE two of TD's best albums. The title tracks are extraordinary.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 10:06

Without a doubt, those ARE two of TD's best albums. The title tracks are extraordinary.
They're my two favourites too. I'm glad they're leading the poll. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>