Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ranking Every Single Camel Song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2020 at 13:12
Ranking Every Camel Song Day 15: 34-31

I am back from a bit of a hiatus in which I was endlessly busy. 10-12 hour school days on top of 24 hour work weeks really just left me with pretty much no time to continue this project. However, since I got some free time right now, I'm gonna do my best to get the next few entries out semi-consistently. Lets pick up where we left off...

-----------------------------------------------------------

34: Never Let Go (Camel)

Never Let Go is to many people, a landmark song for Camel. It's even a bit of a trademark title for the band spawning a live album with the same name (a very good one at that!). This track is very epic and proggy opening with a cool acoustic guitar passage that features one of the rare cases of Camel using the mellotron, which proves to be all over this track. It fizzles out before the full band kicks into the main verse/groove and I don't know what it is, but there's something so satisfying about the sound of the full band just turning it on like a light switch. The vocals come in accompanied by this very driving rhythm section, light organ playing and these melting electric guitar lines. This song packs a real memorable verse and hook, I love how it comes out of the first chorus with a sweet 12th fret guitar harmonic before very smoothly dropping into the second verse. For my money, it's the jam at 2:23 that really defines this song. It comes straight out of the second chorus with these sharp and steady guitar strums while the organ teases you in the background. We have this mellotron flute playing come in on top of a very solid rhythm section before switching back to the string mellotron tone which is used as a very earthy and pretty lead instrument briefly. The ending playout and guitar solo of this song gives me chills with soaring mellotrons and vocals creating a very full sound. A great track and one that is deservedly held to high esteem.

33: Ice (I Can See Your House From Here)

And already I'm sure many people wish I never started this list back up again with this placement. While this song may come in towards the tip top of your personal lists, keep in mind that this is still well into the upper echelon of my ranking here. Ice is a very unique instrumental piece of music and it really opened the door to a new style of extended and very emotive guitar solo based tracks that the band would continue to explore on following albums. It opens with very subtle instrumentation with Kit Watkins piano and Andy Latimers more clean guitar working together to introduce the main theme. After about a minute and a half the drums come in sweeping us into a very smooth and floating 6/4 groove with some very free-flowing electric piano details all over the place. Latimer comes in with what has now become a very signature sharp tone as the rest of the band plays around him. Kit Watkins gets a solo and as usual uses some of those unmistakable Kit Watkins tones you hear all over his works with Happy the Man and on the song Wait. The amount of "feel" in this song is in the stratosphere, and the music really comes to life because of just how in tune everybody is with each other. The keyboard solo gives a slight hint of what's about to come, ultimately building up some slight tension before Latimer explosively begins one of his most epic solos ever kicking it off with the theme from the introduction, this time in a much more upscale and grand fashion with every member working hard to set the stage for Latimer to unleash everything he's got. I love how this solo ends fading away (likely into the heavens) as this very strange and earthy keyboard tone fills the void before this very melancholic acoustic and clean guitar duet begins closing the track on a very interesting and sorrowful note. I think this is a great piece of music, unfortunately it comes in on my least favorite Camel album and I think in turn, I don't reach for this song as often as the songs ranked above this on the list. Which is a shame, because every time I do revisit the studio version I'm always amazed and I always pick up on new details.

32: The Final Encore (Rajaz)

This isn't a track that I see mentioned very often, but I think it's awesome and very dynamic. Right out the gate the intro to this song is absolutely stomping with these very menacing guitar and choir lines, it's almost a bit psychedelic actually. This song is like a ghostly tour through the desert with tons of different sounds and passages throughout. Coming out of the intro, you hear these sharp strings briefly play through a very symphonic sounding arrangement before Latimer drops this amazing and somewhat quirky middle eastern sounding motif with one of the fattest guitar tones I've ever heard. The echoing voice of Latimer comes in opening with the line "After Words, and Long Goodbyes" of course referencing Stationary Traveller. I usually don't jive with self referential stuff in music, but this is such a cool nod to the past without being too crude about it. I also gotta say, there is something very brooding about how Latimer sounds on this track, his voice sounds like it's thundering down from the clouds. Instruments are seamlessly layered on top of one another as the song progresses featuring some unique middle eastern percussion choices throughout. At 4:04 the main chorus melody from the following track "Rajaz" is beautifully introduced and looking at the bigger picture, this gives the album a great sense of cohesion. It comes back around into that main groove now with Latimer soloing on top of it. In the last two minutes we get a beautiful payoff with highly orchestrated instrumentation reminiscent of lots of the material on Harbour of Tears. The general tone of the track flips into a more bright and hopeful feel, I always think of this song as the first several minutes being the desert at night, while these final two minutes are like the sunrise and start of a new day. I'll use the word quirky again to describe this section, some of the tones used sound a little bit dated. Mostly the weird percussive shaker tone they use, but if you ask me some of those cheaper sounding tones are just part of the Camel Productions era charm. In the last minute Latimer drops one more nasty head-bobbing guitar solo before the keys close out the track. I'm not sure where most people would rank this song, but I love it. It's a very interesting and unconventional piece of music and it's songs like these that give me a high level of respect for Rajaz, rather than ride a nostalgia wave, Camel continued to try something new with every single album well into the 90s and 2000s.

31: Skylines (Rain Dances)

Skylines is a great, bouncy instrumental on the latter half of Rain Dances with sweet dueling synth and guitar leads from Bardens and Latimer respectively. It has a pretty steady and fast paced bass line fading the track in and it remains mostly constant throughout the track. Throughout this track there's fantastic melodies on all fronts starting off with the guitar. The motif it kicks into at 1:00 is just pure ectasy with some really nice electric piano and saxophone subtleties from Bardens and Collins. Keeping the high energy, Bardens takes over with a glorious synth solo boasting a fantastic and unique tone as usual. There's a lot of really neat and playful instrumental shifts accompanying this section as well. His extended solo leads right back into that sweet aforementioned guitar motif/chorus before Bardens and Latimer come together to trade off some soling to close out the track. Though this song is a little shorter and maybe not as dense as some of the previous entries on this list, I think it's a great song that comes and does it's thing really well. It's always one of my favorite parts of Rain Dances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The List So Far:

(Best)

Skylines

The Final Encore

Ice

Never Let Go

Straight to my Heart

Separation

Drafted

Six Ate

Mystic Queen

Supertwister

Wing and a Prayer

Friendship/Migration/Rhayader Alone

Slow Yourself Down

Spirit of the Water

Beached

Curiosity

Under the Moon/Watching the Bobbins

Squigely Fair

Arubaluba

Shout

Fox Hill

The Last Farewell (Birthday Cake/Nudes Return)

Storm Clouds/Cotton Camp/Broken Banks

Aristillus

Running From Paradise

Cobh/Send Home the Slates

Changing Places

Sasquatch

Long Goodbyes

Captured

For Today

You Are The One

Vopos

Docks

Starlight Ride

Hopeless Anger/Whispers in the Rain

Tell Me

Simple Pleasures

Irish Air/Irish Air (Reprise)/Harbour of Tears

The Miller's Tale

Elke

Generations/Eyes of Ireland

Refugee

Summer Lightning

City Life/Nude

Landscapes

Cloak and Dagger Man

No Easy Answers

Dust Bowl/Go West/Dusted Out

You Make Me Smile

Wait

Lies

End of the Day

Missing

West Berlin

One Of These Days I’ll Get an Early Night

Rose of Sharon/Milk and Honey

Down on the Farm

The Hour Candle

Mother Road/Needles

Highways of the Sun

Pomp and Circumstance

Reflections

Who We Are

Selva

Camelogue

Please Come Home

Pressure Points

Eye of the Storm

Fingertips

Todays Goodbye

After Words

Heroes

Sheet Rain/Whispers/Little Rivers and Little Rose

Manic

Neon Magic

The End of the Line

Hearts Desire/End Peace

Rain Dances

Rainbows End

The Homecoming

Your Love is Stranger Than Mine

Remote Romance

(Worst)

The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2020 at 14:09
He's back! Thumbs Up
Chances are I'd have listed Ice and Never Let Go (Live Record version) as no. 1 and 2 of them all, surely both top 5. But fair enough, it's your list. Wink

AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 02:02
To be honest I find Ice a bit boring Ermm so I'd agree with your placing outside the Top 30. Never Let Go would be in my Top 10 though, and I agree with Lewian about the Live Record version. Mel Collin's sax takes it to a new level.

Glad you're back Smile
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 19:29
New post tomorrow! Had a wedding to go to yesterday and a very busy school day today. First class was at 9:30 AM, last class ended at 8:30 PM on top off a 40 minute commute x2.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 18:06
Ranking Every Camel Song Day 16: 30-26

Finally, a free hour! Lets crank out a few songs....

----------------------------------------------------------

30: Flight of the Snow Goose/Preparation (The Snow Goose)

Flight of the Snow Goose provides this very hopeful and upbeat introduction to side two of The Snow Goose coming right off the heels of the sorrowful Rhayader Alone. The Snow Goose always makes me think of this meme, we'll have this fast paced and optimistic instrumental followed immediately by something very soft, textured and melodic, but it's this contrast between the two that makes The Snow Goose such a gratifying album. There's a brief fade in as Peter Bardens keys slowly rush towards you before Latimer takes the lead providing a great and somewhat nostalgic sounding melody. At 1:33 Peter Bardens takes over on the synth and man, those tones are fat! They really cut deep. Doug Ferguson is also lowkey going ham in this section of the song. The track leads right into Preparation which is a very interesting track with an acoustic guitar setting the stage with a pretty steady 5/8 motif overlaid with some very pretty woodwinds. This nearly indescribable synth/electronic spin on the acoustic motif seamlessly fades in and it lays a very atmospheric groundwork while a multitude of ear-candy sound effects and wordless female vocals play around it. This passage is super hypnotic and mesmerizing.

29: Dunkirk/Epitaph (The Snow Goose)

In hindsight, I probably should have just included these two with Flight of the Snow Goose/Preparation. But changing it now would mess up the numbers so we'll just settle with this. So coming straight out of Preparation a thumping bass and kick drum fade in not long before Peter Bardens organ joins the fun. I love the little fills the band does properly keeping this buildup interesting (0:24 for an example). Soon, Latimer joins the buildup first teasing with some light volume swells before providing another counter melody on top of everyone else. There's horns and electric piano subtleties going on while Andy Ward starts to give it a little more of a marching feel. Soon, you realize that the buildup is reaching a tipping point sounding very full and grand before dropping into an absolutely killer closing jam. Andy Ward is drumming away, the rhythm he uses on this song is one that I can only ever associate with Camel (Separations ending is the first case of him using it I believe), even though he didn't invent it by any means (You can even find it on Return of the Giant Hogweed). Now on top of this, Andy Latimers guitar is screeching away while Bardens plays this very epic sounding chord progression on the Organ. Ward squeezes in some hype and hard hitting drum fills (are those gated drums in 1975?!?!) while the band is able to turn it on and off like a light switch. Towards the end of the song, the band collectively squeezes in these sick arpeggiated fills offering a little variation in this playout. This track leads into Epitaph which works as a great bookend of this 4-track suite properly tying it all together. It reprises that aforementioned hypnotic sound-effect-laden passage from preparation. In the background of this there's what I think is either electric piano or organ providing a very lowkey but nevertheless great undertow to this song.

28: Stationary Traveller (Stationary Traveller)

This song is a bit of a fan favorite and for good reason, this is a lovely and very magical instrumental. It opens with some soft but lively sounding piano, nylon string guitar and synth sitting in the background. I don't know what it is, but I adore the electric piano sound that comes in soon after the little introduction. It's dripping with atmosphere. Coming in top of this is a very earthy sounding flute accompanied by lovely synthesized textures. As great as this is, it's really the closing guitar solo that lifts me off my feet. It's just so emotional and uplifting, my friend stumbled upon the live version of this track on YouTube and he was telling me just how blown away he was by it. I this glorious extended guitar solo lasts for just the perfect amount of time, it doesn't overstay its welcome and Latimer makes every note count. The song ends and properly fizzles out. This is such a fantastic and unique piece of music that for my money, eclipses Ice. Stationary Traveler is an album that over the course of making this ranking, has really grown on me. I think if I redid the list some of the songs would likely come in a bit higher.

27: The Sleeper (Breathless)

I love this track and I'd go as far as to call it underrated. I can't say I can really think of another song like this. I find that the intro to this track falls a little under the radar to some, but I love the quirky atmosphere the band creates for a brief time. I'd love to see a whole album in this Camel Jazz Fusiony style that they lightly touched on with some cuts off Rain Dances. The main riff kicks in and it's just so darn groovy, the rhythm section sounds particularly punchy and bouncy on this track. Bardens, as per usual, delivers some fresh and new synth tones while sitting in the pilot seat here. If someone asked me what Mel Collins best contribution to Camel is I'm pointing to this song. Because around the 3 minute mark he really comes into the forefront and it's his playing that sets this track apart in my mind and distinguishes it from some of the other Camel songs of similar length. While he's laying down some sweet lines, Andy Ward and Richard Sinclair continue to slap you with these crunchy and complex rhythms. Around the 4 minute mark Mel really starts to let loose while the rest of the band comfortably set the stage for him. Now in the latter half of the song, Andy Latimer channels the same explosiveness you can find on Lunar Sea for one fiery jazzy guitar solo. The band ties it all back together and ends this song on a lightly frantic note. Listening back as I do this write up, this really is a great tune and one that I just never tire of.

26: Coming of Age (Harbour of Tears)

Coming of Age is the climax of Harbour of Tears and it does a fine job being the excellent payoff that the album needs. Latimer showcases one great memorable melody after another for 7 minutes and change. Opening with a very driving and sophisticated sounding passage, things get going very quickily. Latimer uses a lot of very interesting playing techniques and doesn't shy away from stepping into the background at moments which works as a strength. The little section at 1:35 is a good example of this, he strums away while this very creative drum and organ thing goes on. Following this, it really delves into an explosive territory with this brief but very menacing build up before it takes off into orbit. Now moving at a faster pace, Latimer lays down this beautiful celebratory guitar melody that I just live for. Following this glorious playout, it kicks into a bit of a almost playful sounding jam with layers of synths and other keys followed by a very airy delay guitar passage. The absolute peak of the song comes with the closing playout which is just nasty, it's really one of the heaviest moments in Camels discography with a stomping synth providing the backbone for Latimer to lay down a filthy headbanging riff. I love the arpeggiated keys that come in around halfway through, it's something I find myself drawing a lot of influence from in some of my own music that i've written. I have to note 6:29, that brief little keyboard passage has always been so damn cool to me. This is a great cut, Harbour is another album that's grown a lot on me over the course of making this ranking but I'd still comfortably say this is the pinnacle of the album.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The List So Far

(Best)

Coming of Age

The Sleeper

Stationary Traveller

Dunkirk/Epitaph

Flight of the Snow Goose/Preparation

Skylines

The Final Encore

Ice

Never Let Go

Straight to my Heart

Separation

Drafted

Six Ate

Mystic Queen

Supertwister

Wing and a Prayer

Friendship/Migration/Rhayader Alone

Slow Yourself Down

Spirit of the Water

Beached

Curiosity

Under the Moon/Watching the Bobbins

Squigely Fair

Arubaluba

Shout

Fox Hill

The Last Farewell (Birthday Cake/Nudes Return)

Storm Clouds/Cotton Camp/Broken Banks

Aristillus

Running From Paradise

Cobh/Send Home the Slates

Changing Places

Sasquatch

Long Goodbyes

Captured

For Today

You Are The One

Vopos

Docks

Starlight Ride

Hopeless Anger/Whispers in the Rain

Tell Me

Simple Pleasures

Irish Air/Irish Air (Reprise)/Harbour of Tears

The Miller's Tale

Elke

Generations/Eyes of Ireland

Refugee

Summer Lightning

City Life/Nude

Landscapes

Cloak and Dagger Man

No Easy Answers

Dust Bowl/Go West/Dusted Out

You Make Me Smile

Wait

Lies

End of the Day

Missing

West Berlin

One Of These Days I’ll Get an Early Night

Rose of Sharon/Milk and Honey

Down on the Farm

The Hour Candle

Mother Road/Needles

Highways of the Sun

Pomp and Circumstance

Reflections

Who We Are

Selva

Camelogue

Please Come Home

Pressure Points

Eye of the Storm

Fingertips

Todays Goodbye

After Words

Heroes

Sheet Rain/Whispers/Little Rivers and Little Rose

Manic

Neon Magic

The End of the Line

Hearts Desire/End Peace

Rain Dances

Rainbows End

The Homecoming

Your Love is Stranger Than Mine

Remote Romance

(Worst)

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 21:06
I'm not a Camel expert but I can tell you are trying to be as objective as possible. You seem to be doing a very good job with this. I probably wouldn't be able to do this with any band. Keep going and don't stop until you get to number one. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 22 2020 at 21:06
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 06:44
The Sleeper is indeed great and I'd argue that even you underrate it a bit, at least in the ranking. Quite certainly top 15 for me. Sometimes it seems I'm here to criticise but actually no, I'm happy that you do this because it makes me go through their music as well, and of course we don't have to agree.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 07:59
^^^No worries, I never got that impression at all! We're at a point in the list where I just love everything about these songs and it seems like you share a similar love for pretty much everything they've ever done. The next installment which should come out today has some super exciting songs in the mix. I figure now is a good time to show my Camel collection, i'd love to go the completionist route but the Korean Dust and Dreams vinyl pressing and some of the early singles are gonna put me back some:

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 09:02
The interesting thing is that I have never listed Camel among my top 10 bands or something like this, and I see why people don't put them in the big 6, however I realise very often that their music, really pretty much all of it, speaks to me in a very personal and special way that is different from most work of even those I "rank" higher. So I always like to have a reason to listen some Camel and to think about it. (And actually it may also mean that I underrate them, i.e., I should give them more credit for what their music actually means to me.)

Edited by Lewian - October 23 2020 at 09:03
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2020 at 12:24
I'm predicting Lady Fantasy or Lunar Sea as your number one ;-)
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 12:39
Any chance of finishing this? It's been nearly 8 months since your last post Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2021 at 20:33
Agh, i'll really try to make a point of it! I still got the list intact!
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2021 at 03:16
Just a little note to the Camel fans here that I recently got hold of Richard Sinclair's R.S.V.P. album, which has Andy Ward on it (if only on three songs) and is hugely enjoyable. Warmly recommended to everyone who likes his period in Camel.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 07:04
I'd like to see this finished off too. Great work though dougmcauliffe.

:EDIT: I did look on reddit butI  can't find your post that this list has come from.

Edited by Gentle and Giant - July 20 2021 at 07:06
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 12:06
Hey folks, I actually deleted my old reddit account but luckily, everything is backed up here. So right now I just don't have the time to commit to doing lengthy write ups like this. But, how does one song a day sound? I think I could do that. My list has probably changed since my last post, but i'll keep the same top 25 that I initially had for sure.
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2021 at 14:34
^ Thanks, looking forward to the rest Smile
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 11:54
Imagine how much easier it would be to rank every Anglagard track or every UK track. Wink

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - July 24 2021 at 14:16
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2021 at 09:45
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Hey folks, I actually deleted my old reddit account but luckily, everything is backed up here. So right now I just don't have the time to commit to doing lengthy write ups like this. But, how does one song a day sound? I think I could do that. My list has probably changed since my last post, but i'll keep the same top 25 that I initially had for sure.

There won't be complaints for sure. Wink
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2021 at 13:06
Maybe you could post the top 25 without comments, then add the comments when you get time?
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2021 at 05:14
I'd struggle to rank Camel's tracks as, apart from Remote Romance and Neon Magic, I'd want to put them all no 1.
Being serious, there are some tracks that are derided by some but which I love. Shout off Rajaz is my favourite track on that album, despite the brilliance of the rest. Some slate Fingertips on Stationary Traveller, yet for me it's a top 10 track. Fox Hill divides opinion, but for me it's just a brilliant bit of fun. Likewise Down on the Farm, more like a Caravan track than a Camel one, but wonderful.
But the big problem is that many Camel albums are concept albums with short connecting passages which are relatively minor but set the scene for the more major tracks.
Dust and Dreams, for example has only about 5 main tracks, but the others tell the tale of The Grapes of Wrath.
Similarly, The Snow Goose is really a complete entity: the tracks themselves are not as significant on their own as when combined to tell the complete story.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>