Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rick Beato interviews Jon Anderson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rick Beato interviews Jon Anderson
    Posted: August 24 2020 at 12:40
It looks like I get to be the first person to post this. Unfortunately I wasn't able to embed it on here. Enjoy.

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2020 at 16:04
Thank you. I will certainly check it out.
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2020 at 19:35
I just watched it. Such a relaxed interview. I'm not surprised, Rick Beato is fantastic and doesn't interrupt or talk over the guest.
Jon, as humble as always. He seems like such a genuinely kind and respectful guy.
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 05:25

Hmm, how could he not ask the obvious question about the future of Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman? He did ask about what he is working on right now, but no follow up about the prospects of a studio album by this version of Yes. Neither did he ask if they will tour again with this band.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 07:20
Hi,

It was nice, but it was just about pancakes and syrup! Not exactly substance! Just food for the morning!

None of the questions, or discussions dug deep into the work of the band and the words, and such ... it steered clear of any subject that could be a problem. But it was nice to get an idea of how they worked together to create a lot of great music ... that is still remembered today!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 07:28
There's an interview with JA in the latest edition of Prog as well.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 08:18
Originally posted by Spacegod87 Spacegod87 wrote:

I just watched it. Such a relaxed interview. I'm not surprised, Rick Beato is fantastic and doesn't interrupt or talk over the guest.
Jon, as humble as always. He seems like such a genuinely kind and respectful guy.

If you know anything about the bands history--from all accounts he walks softly and carries a very big stick---no doubt he was in charge of the band and its the reason Howe has said he would never work with him again which is sad because Jon wants very much to work with Howe.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 18:11
I like Rick Beato's videos, he covers his topics very complete.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 18:21
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Originally posted by Spacegod87 Spacegod87 wrote:

If you know anything about the bands history--from all accounts he walks softly and carries a very big stick---no doubt he was in charge of the band and its the reason Howe has said he would never work with him again which is sad because Jon wants very much to work with Howe.

Jon seems to be a rather controversial figure in prog. Some people seem to think he's hypocritical because his "hippy peace and love vibe" doesn't always align with the way he has acted in the past(especially towards other band members). He definitely has a reputation of being a control freak and I wouldn't doubt that although I think maybe it's been exagerrated somewhat. I don't know know for sure that's just speculation. I did meet him briefly once and he seemed rather pleasant. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 26 2020 at 12:56
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 12:22
I must say the interview was a nicd experiance and i have to admit i got new insights i did not have from before.

Edited by Icarium - August 26 2020 at 12:23
 Post Reply Post Reply