Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uriah Heep vs Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which band do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
34 [50.75%]
27 [40.30%]
4 [5.97%]
1 [1.49%]
1 [1.49%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uriah Heep vs Traffic
    Posted: August 26 2020 at 15:58
How about a little break from the year polls until someone posts the 1995 one. In the meantime here are two I don't think I have done before. 

Also, no two bands from this era were that similar so please no apples and oranges complaints. LOL
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 16:03
Uriah Heep
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 16:11
Traffic. John Barleycorn and Low Spark are classics. Also the early stuff with Dave Mason is highly underrated.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 16:43
The Heep rocked it in the 70s, rocked it in the 80s, kept on chugging along through the 90s and Naughties and have kicked out some killer rock in the Teens! Amazing!
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 17:48
HEEP! Baby! HEEP!
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 19:51
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Traffic. John Barleycorn and Low Spark are classics. Also the early stuff with Dave Mason is highly underrated.

this....Big smile
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 19:53
Traffic......as was said above ,Barleycorn and Low Spark are classics...and I would include Traffic , the one with 40,000 Headmen.

Uriah Heep was once described as a 'mutant version of Deep Purple' with a strident singer who deserved the music he sang. I do own the first 6 bought on original vinyl when they came out, but in my  defense I was young and foolish in those days
Wink

Edited by dr wu23 - August 26 2020 at 19:56
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 20:35
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Traffic......as was said above ,Barleycorn and Low Spark are classics...and I would include Traffic , the one with 40,000 Headmen.

Uriah Heep was once described as a 'mutant version of Deep Purple' with a strident singer who deserved the music he sang. I do own the first 6 bought on original vinyl when they came out, but in my  defense I was young and foolish in those days
Wink

You mean you never get in the mood these days for something that is like a "weird deep purple?" Wink That's how I think of them anyway. Sometimes you just want to rock out and don't feel like listening to Sabbath or Zeppelin for the millionth time. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - August 26 2020 at 20:35
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 22:07
Ugh. 

I guess Heap., but really neither. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2020 at 22:36
I know them both.  And.  Traffic.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 00:11
Uriah Heep for sure
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 00:15
Traffic. No contest at all.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 03:04
As much as I love Traffic, I’m going for Heep on this one. Even for The Magician’s Birthday alone.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 04:42
Uriah Heep, for me too, despite the fact that they have too many average (or just bad) songs in between the tremendously good songs on their albums.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 04:50
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Uriah Heep, for me too, despite the fact that they have too many average (or just bad) songs in between the tremendously good songs on their albums.
I kind of like the mix-up of accessible songs and Proggier workouts through many of their albums. In that way, they are similar to Traffic.
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 04:56
Both are great but Uriah Heep.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 06:00
Today it's Traffic.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 06:45
I like Traffic. But I love Uriah Heep.
Salisbury, The Magician's Birthday and Demons and Wizards are all quite superb.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 11:34
like both

but

John Barleycorn is a notch above all of the other albums for both

so

Traffic
Prog On!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2020 at 18:52
Both are great bands, with different styles, but at the end of the day, I prefer Uriah Heep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>