1 [3.45%]
1 [3.45%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [20.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Pendragon Album 2020 edition
    Posted: August 30 2020 at 00:01
So I've been dipping my toes into Pendragon recently and I think I love them! What is your favorite album of theirs and why? And perhaps how would you rank their albums?

And yes I did a forum search and couldn't find any threads or polls about Pendragon in general which weren't outdated or unlocked.
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 03:47
Wonderful though Love Over Fear is, The Masquerade Overture is supreme.
The Window Of Life and Not of this World are also quite superb.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 05:24
This is a tough one as they're a very consistent band and all their albums are of similar quality. I'll go for LOF at the moment but it could be Not of this World. I'm also heavily into Men who climb Mountains at the moment.

LOF may turn out to be their masterpiece and not many bands have done that after 40 years.

Edited by chopper - August 30 2020 at 05:25
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 08:02
Love Over Fear
Believe
The Masquerade Overture
Pure - The Window of Life
Passion - Man who Climb Mountains
Not of This World
The World

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 10:25
Not of this World is the album that speaks to my soul, just edging out The Masquerade Overture (which has The Shadow, my favourite Pendragon piece).
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 11:00
The new one is, in my opinion, their best and my favorite.
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 11:38
At the moment, LOF. Quite exceptional.

Honourable mention for Passion, Masquerade Overture, and Not of this World.

A consistently superb band.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 11:56
The Window Of Life for me, 'Breaking The Spell' still my favourite Pendragon song. 
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 14:05
I don't count myself a fan, so it may not be surprising that my fave album by them is one that fans are very split over, "Believe".  It's a masterpiece IMO
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 14:17
I'm gonna listen to some Pendragon in the following days and then vote. So thank you for creating this thread. Thumbs Up
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 15:00
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I'm gonna listen to some Pendragon in the following days and then vote. So thank you for creating this thread. Thumbs Up

Welcome!
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
GolfBoi View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GolfBoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2020 at 23:54
'The Masquerade Overture' remains my favourite. Looking at the poll results, I really need to listen to the latest record... 
Magog2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 07:09
My favorite Pendragon album is "Not of This World." The band were firing on all cylinders from a musicianship and creative point of view on this record, in my opinion. Here's my ranking of their discography:

1. Not of This World
2. Love over Fear
3. The Masquerade Overture
4. Men Who Climb Mountains
5. Pure
6. Passion
7. Believe
8. The Window of Life
9. The World
10. The Jewel
11. Kowtow
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 07:14
Not Of This World for me, although there are several I don’t know we’ll enough….
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 07:29
Never got round to listening to LOF; that said, it's still Masquerade Overture for me, then a tie between WOL and NOTW
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 09:45
I'm the weirdo who still likes The Jewel best, followed closely by The Window of Life.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 10:10
Love Over Fear helped me through lockdown
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 10:42
I pretty much love every Pendragon album from The World on including the lesser liked ones like Believe, Pure and Passion but the trilogy of The Window of Life, The Masquerade Overture and Not of This World are the band at their best.

It's a toss up between The Masquerade Overture and Not of This World but i think the first choice  has a slight edge but the second has grown on me significantly over time.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 11:25
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Yeah me too, I was lucky enough to see them at the 229 before they set off on their ill-fated tour of Europe that had to be abandoned. 

If anyone doesn't know they have recently released a mini-album North Star.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2023 at 12:34
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Yeah me too, I was lucky enough to see them at the 229 before they set off on their ill-fated tour of Europe that had to be abandoned. 

If anyone doesn't know they have recently released a mini-album North Star.

and exceptional it is, too.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>