Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRAND X documentary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRAND X documentary
    Posted: September 05 2020 at 00:03
Wot's all this then, eh? 

• The mighty Brand X came and went, out of London's great musical watershed moment: the'70s- This trailblazing Rock, Funk and Jazz-fusion band cast its legendary spell on a once flourishing music scene before vanishing in 1980. For nearly four decades, across a shifting musical landscape, these stellar musicians wandered into the wilderness of the soul--and paid the price for their artistry, and commitment to the pursuit of their craft. 'Brand X: The Desert Years' follows bassist Percy Jones, guitarist John Goodsall, keyboardist Robin Lumley, and their musical acolytes through their desert years, as they stage their return to the music scene, into the autumn of their lives.

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2020 at 06:31
Hi,

In 1999, at the SFPMF ... BRAND X was not a highlight, and I thought it was second rate ... a sad look at a band that once was ... and did not improve.

Between Jones and Lumley the band really lost some of its strength ... John is fine, but he is not able to handle the whole thing by himself ... it was like the whole thing was about setting up that one solo again.

Very sad.

I'll watch this, but the memories of what became of the band is very sad! AND Amazon does not have it!

Edited by moshkito - September 05 2020 at 06:33
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply