Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, I'm new here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yallghurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, I'm new here
    Posted: September 13 2020 at 21:28
Hello. I've been using this website for some years now to check reviews or find out new music and I like it so much I just decided I'd like to check how this forum's like.
The band that introduced me to prog was Pink Floyd (that was probably circa 15 years ago), although I wasn't a fan of the genre per se back then. Since I liked metal a lot I used to listen to Dream Theater also.
Also once Pendragon showed up when clicked "random article" in Wikipedia once; I checked Pure and became a fan.
Later I found out about Clockwork Angels when it was released because some DT member (possibly Jordan?) wrote a review or the like about it, and in some months I was in love with Rush as well.
Then I realized this was a very interesting genre and started to actively seek for prog music. Since then I discovered bands like Camel, Marillion, ELP, Queensryche, Genesis, Gentle Giant,Van der Graaf Generator, and more recently Opeth, just to name a few favorites...
Well, that's more or less my story with prog. Hope to get to know you guys and have some interesting conversations.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 21:30
Welcome to the site.   We're always looking for interesting conversations!
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 21:49
Welcome aboard! Cool
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 22:50
Hi and welcome
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply