Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Hawkwind Marathon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 03:09
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Skip Motorhead, except for their best album, Another Perfect Day.

I think APD is a great album, although for me, not their very best. It's a shame so many fans slated it at the time. Brian Robertson was certainly the best musician to ever pass through their ranks.

Brian gave everyone a hard time, story goes, it's not that some fans dislike it. 

Yeah, he was awful to work with by all accounts, but I remember reading letters in Kerrang magazine at the time saying the band were nothing without Eddie Clarke.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 07:23

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Skip Motorhead, except for their best album, Another Perfect Day.

I think APD is a great album, although for me, not their very best. It's a shame so many fans slated it at the time. Brian Robertson was certainly the best musician to ever pass through their ranks.

Brian gave everyone a hard time, story goes, it's not that some fans dislike it. 

Yeah, he was awful to work with by all accounts, but I remember reading letters in Kerrang magazine at the time saying the band were nothing without Eddie Clarke.

Of course they said that. They didn't want the original line-up to end, and they didn't like Robbo's style and TONE. And those are exactly what I love! It's really the only Motorhead album I can listen to now.
Whamdaddy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whamdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 07:27
APD is a great Motorhead album, but heir best is their sophomore outing Overkill
The Wham Daddy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12