Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maximum ratings filter returns nothing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum ratings filter returns nothing
    Posted: September 23 2020 at 16:54
It's a great feature and it works for me if I also set the "Filter: Minimum Number of Ratings" to one. I also tend to Filter: Minimum Average Rating Value to one.

For instance, I set this to a maximum of five ratings and set the minimum number of ratings at one...: CLICK

^ EDIT: You got in a little faster.

Edited by Logan - September 23 2020 at 16:55
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 16:53
Try using a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 10 (or whatever you are looking for).  When I did it with 0, I got nothing, but when I changed the minimum to 1, it gave me a whole lot of albums.
MSCowboy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2020 at 16:47
Hello,

I was thinking about how much I love some bands that have just a handful of ratings here, and thought I might try to look for more obscure finds. I was happy to see a maximum ratings filter that could help with this, but the search came up empty. I already know there are studio albums on the site with less than 10 or 20 ratings, but they won't show up.

I did some tinkering and found that the search can only return albums with 44 or more ratings. This would already leave a few of my favorites impossible to find, even though this search feature seems specifically made to find such unknown gems. Is there any way to get it working for any small number?
 Post Reply Post Reply