Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [21.43%]
29 [69.05%]
4 [9.52%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 06:54
Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Either they retire, OR you could stop listening to them and they could carry on doing what they enjoy.
Clap for your arrogance ... I`ll never stop listening to them they are my favorite band but I will stop blindly rushing in and buying their new material without hearing it first 

You need to preface what you say with the words, "At this point of time". Time has a funny effect on people's taste in music. What you like one day changes the next day. Tastes never stay the same unless you're tone deaf.
There is so much to digest with each Kansas album but this latest one it seems shallow and predictable I even like Drastic measures more than it and that's got the lowest rating score. I thought with fantastic cover art this album was going to be great ! I was wrong, never judge a CD by its cover is the lesson here I learned Tongue and I apologize for calling Blacksword arrogant it was wrong of me I guess I'm just really disappointed nobody is posting reviews nobody's listening it's as if I'm the only fool to rush out and spend $42 on it... makes me feel like an idiot. Which is why should Kansas retire came up in my mind and I wanted feedback on the question Confused Kansas have a great reputation to protect I don't want to see it tarnished with so so material anymore. After their great come back album The Prelude Implicate I was expecting so much more than I got... disappointing, atleast to my tastes. I'll put substance before flash in that order when I judge a CD and its rating. Smile

Edited by Enchant X - October 03 2020 at 07:31
axeman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 08:33
I'm a little surprised that I can't agree with the idea that if Livgren and Walsh aren't in the band anymore there is no point. I think that is a good point. I just can't agree, totally. It sounds like the current crew have done a good job of keeping the "Kansas sound" alive. 

There is also another reason: the band may have never made it without Phil Ehart's drive. Phil was *the* guy showing up in people's offices, not taking "no" and selling the band. He even spent some time in England once he decided that prog-drumming was what he wanted to do and improve at. 

So from that perspective, it's Kansas as long as Phil wants to keep it running. 

I ended up really liking Throwing Mountains, anyway. 
-John
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2020 at 08:37
Gave the new album another listen the other day and enjoyed it quite a bit. 
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 05:28
I used Mp3gain to analyse what's wrong with this recording it peaks at 100.5 decibels ....Loudness wars killed the sound especially the drums, also its slightly distorted, I knew there was something I didn't like about it, my ears automatically tune out when the volume is so tightly compressed ,anything above 96 decibels and I have that reaction, higher than that it kills the dynamic range, It's been brick walled folks Smile

Edited by Enchant X - October 25 2020 at 05:41
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2020 at 05:58
Yeah I can agree the new album is really compressed and loud which is a shame because The Prelude Implicit is an extremely well produced album. They really could use Jeff Glixman on board, I have to listen at very low volume, the snare sounds like crap.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234