Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pentangle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2020 at 10:16
That period of folk was fantastic and produced some amazing music. Spirogyra were around then and had Barbara Gaskin of Hatfields fame on board on later stuff. Comus were also very progressive for a folk band and of course most things that came out of Fairport Convention were great too, especially Ashley Hutchings output, especially the Morris On series of albums) My softest spot is for Dr Strangely Strange though, very quirky and very Irish 
Xyth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 03:38
Pentangle are amazing and worth a listen even if folk is not usually your thing. Very talented and tasteful musicians.
ProfPanglos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfPanglos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 14:59
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Basket of Light (1969) is my favorite, but Sweet Child (1968) and Cruel Sister (1970) are also superb. A remarkably creative three-year era for the band.

I love Cruel Sister.  I haven't heard that album in a zillion years.  I'm going to YT it right now, haha.  I had the cassette many decades ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12