Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Choose one decade to last forever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which decade deserves eternal continuity?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.86%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [8.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [11.43%]
12 [34.29%]
4 [11.43%]
3 [8.57%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.86%]
7 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 15:41
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I assume if that really happened it would become torturous.

Oh no, someone is on the brink of revealing my true identity...

*I should work harder on my illusion and enchantment spells; using my cold, calculative and evil mind... 

LOL

Seriously though... Actually, if you didn't know you're "doomed" to be in an eternal loop, it wouldn't be torturous, I guess.

Imagine you're in a wonderful phase of your life, which is mostly thanks to the outside conditions. And it goes on forever...

Edited by Shadowyzard - October 28 2020 at 17:02
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 16:38
^ Yes but you wouldn't realize the wonderfulness was forever and you'd become a bitter, sheepish, unappreciative halfwit.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 16:46
LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 16:47

two words...

Big hair.. oh make that 4 words

Go-Go's

say what you will about the 80's.. but it was a great time to be young.. and full of hormones

such a fun decade..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 16:50
^ It was a blast.  Completely dopey, but a blast.  Don't think I'd trade it for another to grow up in.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 16:51
no sir! Heart
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 16:55
I

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Heart

the 80s

P.S. I love micky too! 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 17:00
Embarrassed

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 17:06
None.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 17:28
ahhhh...

this was the 80's...

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 22:13
Anyone who was a teenager in the 70s will tell you that it was just groooooovy! Space race to the moon, Woodstock, pot, fashion, politics, sexual freedom, TV, cinema, punk, new wave. It had pretty much everything.....
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2020 at 13:44
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Anyone who was a teenager in the 70s will tell you that it was just groooooovy! Space race to the moon, Woodstock, pot, fashion, politics, sexual freedom, TV, cinema, punk, new wave. It had pretty much everything.....

Hi,

That's the idea that people get, but from my time in Santa Barbara during that time, it was also VERY FAKE and cardboard, and not very with many times. Hollywood was already the carnal city and the worst was always parading through the Strip as if it was a gang, and it took a lot of the far out element out of it ... and when some "famous" or other came around, it was ridiculous ... my example from the Whiskey A Go Go, to see Babe Ruth and Iggy and the Stooges is one of the worst things I have ever seen, and I walked off Iggy's show after 15 minutes ... it was almost all the same. Iggy, in his special  (Amazon or Hulu, don't remember) even talks about it, but he did not mention the other band, or the situation ... and I think he just appreciated the star status they had been given. 

The pot in that time was beginning to get cut with speed and other crap ... it was much cleaner in the earlier days in SF, LA, Madison and Chicago. Cinema was the same as always, with the great movies getting the big posters on the Strip and some other movies also making some good dough.

It's the same today, really ... just different clothing, and we puff some fake stuff full of chemicals instead since the good/real stuff is long gone. My mom has the medical license to get some stuff and she even asked how good it was ... and I have to tell you that is the fakest thing I have ever seen or touched or even smelled.

And it didn't take long for the girls with flowers in their hair showed that they were witches and bitches ... but that's another story!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
satanellus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satanellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 16:21
I voted for antiquity. Before humans starting f**king up the earth.
satanellus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satanellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2020 at 16:37
Originally posted by Spaciousmind Spaciousmind wrote:

The problem with the earlier periods, they were only enjoyed by the select few effluents.  Normal Joe would be working 12 hours, 6 days a week just to feed and heat the upper class and be a crippled chocking old man by the time he in his 40s.  The numbers game would make it doubtful that you would be one of the ones to get to enjoy it... lol

I assume you mean affluent. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 00:12
Originally posted by satanellus satanellus wrote:

I voted for antiquity. Before humans starting f**king up the earth.

I would wish that I were living in the Baldur's Gate setting as a mage, on condition that I could "load the life/game", if ever/whenever I died. After finishing my ultimate "quest", I'd probably hang out with Saemon Havarian (the coolest guy there) for the rest of my life. 

Edited by Shadowyzard - December 20 2020 at 00:51
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 04:18
Nah. Not doing it. Everything changes and we're all going to die, and before I'd like to see one new decade per decade. They all fade and that's just OK as it is.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 23:22
Always forward, ever forward Don’t get me wrong my teenage years of the 70’s was a mega awesomeness time. But I’ve never been one for looking backwards...
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 05:58
What happens when a decade gets to 10. Back to 1? If one chose say the 1960s you could watch JFK, MLK, RFK etc get killed all over again. Endless Beatlemania as teenies how the prog way ahead...

Can you choose your country? Germany in the '30s? Italy in the '20s? Russia in the '10s? South Africa ... 20th C anytime.

The 2020s anywhere?

197s with terrorism, global and airliners, Middle East crises serving the power that be and proving nothing changes. Saturday Night Fever hype.

Square plastic 80s corporate pop.

The '90s trying to be the 70s?

Early times and the interesting lavatorial arrangements.

There has never been a good time only rationalization.

Expect the worst, avid disappointment.

P.S. Message from the future Covid 19 is only the beginning. There will be fusions with other pathogens that need an airborne vehicle will have one. C 19 with go but the C 19 Ebola will do some interesting destruction. Social activity will be kept an online environment only.

Magma were right.

cheers

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2021 at 06:01
^ I think you've taken this topic very seriously. LOL

On a side note, same things won't happen. I explained it somewhere here, probably in my original post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123