Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Romantic Warriors: Krautrock pt. 2 - Crowdfunding
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Romantic Warriors: Krautrock pt. 2 - Crowdfunding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Romantic Warriors: Krautrock pt. 2 - Crowdfunding
    Posted: October 05 2020 at 16:54

Washington DC-based filmmakers Adele Schmidt and José Zegarra Holder are in the final stages of production of the second part of the Krautrock trilogy of documentary films – which, taken together, make up the fourth instalment of the excellent Romantic Warriors series, which began in 2010 with the film of the same name (focused on the prog scene of the US East Coast), and continued with About Rock in Opposition (2012), Canterbury Tales (2015), and Krautrock pt. 1 (2018).

Those of you who are interested in progressive music, and especially in this unique, ground-breaking subgenre, will not want to miss contributing to the completion of Krautrock pt. 2, which will focus on bands and artists from southern Germany – notably Guru Guru, Amon Düül II, Popol Vuh, Kraan, Xhol Caravan and Witthüser & Westrup. Krautrock pt. 1, which is currently screening in theatres throughout Germany, was focused on bands from Cologne, Düsseldorf and Hamburg – while Pt. 3 will concentrate on the Berlin scene.  Like its predecessors, the film will include interviews with musicians active in the 1970s, as well as original live footage.

Here is the link to the Indiegogo campaign, which offers a number of interesting perks to contributors: https://igg.me/at/krautrock2

A trailer for the film is available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/7T0r3EujwFo

Your contribution will allow Adele and José to complete what is a true labour of love. They are extremely dedicated to their craft, and their efforts fully deserve to be supported by prog fans.  You will not regret itSmile!

Edited by Raff - October 05 2020 at 17:11
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 06:28
thanks for that presentation, Raff, undoubtedly this is a recommended project driven by Adele and Jose Clap

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2020 at 07:41
I'm IN, these are always great.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Reuter View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2020 at 04:37
Strongly recommended, as everything done by Adele and Jose in the Romantic Warriors series. Already made my contribution ;)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 13:02
Hi,

And this has to be done fast and faster ... since many of those folks are not getting any younger.

I'm working on my donation, a nickel at a time ... may take me a bit ...
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 13:46
Originally posted by Reuter Reuter wrote:

Strongly recommended, as everything done by Adele and Jose in the Romantic Warriors series. Already made my contribution ;)

Agreed, plus they're lovely people.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply