Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Eddie Van Halen!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2021 at 07:11
Time for commemoration.

R.I.P. Eddie
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2021 at 08:15
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

[QUOTE=The Dark Elf] apparently Sabbath were not happy when so many people were turning up to see the support band and not them Smile
That's not how I remember it. I vividly remember seeing VH open for Sabbath in 1978. It was cool to see this new and upcoming band, who already had a buzz about them after the first album. But those at the show were there for the legends, not the newbies, and Sabbath saw it and appreciated it. As for EVH, he no doubt had a king position as guitarist for many years. Too bad he let so much of the side junk (drugs, cigs, drama) work so much against him.

Edited by Boojieboy - October 07 2021 at 11:36
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2022 at 15:04
Saw Van Halen: Breaking the Band yesterday on REEL t.v., and the guy portraying Eddie was so off (which isn't saying much as the actors they have playing band members in other shows are usually ridiculous). The saving grace was the excellent look-alike they had for Sammy Hagar.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345