FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever had a prog dream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever had a prog dream?
    Posted: February 23 2024 at 09:44
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I had a "science fiction" dream last night, involving an attack by bad guys using incendiary weapons against a population of innocents.....as they began the attack, the soundtrack was Robert Fripp's crashing guitar-chord intro to "Lark's Tongues in Aspic Part 2."  

Bob would have been disturbed.

So... Jeff Wayne (or rather HG Wells) meets King Crimson? LOL
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 15:53
I had a "science fiction" dream last night, involving an attack by bad guys using incendiary weapons against a population of innocents.....as they began the attack, the soundtrack was Robert Fripp's crashing guitar-chord intro to "Lark's Tongues in Aspic Part 2."  

Bob would have been disturbed.
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 15:05
I never had a dream about prog rock. There are always people in my dreams I've never met before and sometimes I'm typing m's in boxes and watching squiggly lines travel around a room I've never been in before. Most of the buildings I've never seen before. Even the planets aren't the same. I remember being chased by an army once. I think it would be cool to have a dream where I lie down on my side and roll around the whole world. That would be fun.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 11:15
I kind of had one last night. It's not really a prog rock kind of dream, you know something truly related within prog, but it did have a prog element where I was invited to a house to play video games with them, and Steven Wilson was there.
D~B
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 11:08
I never have, to the best of my knowledge, but I don't really remember my dreams very much, so don't know for sure......
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 10:40
Originally posted by Octopus II Octopus II wrote:

I had a recurring dream once. Wink
Was it about mountains coming outta the sky and standing there? :P
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 09:01
I had a recurring dream once. Wink
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2024 at 07:18
Hi,

Many ... but I am afraid to write them down, because we are not about the arts ... we're about the fame and fortune ... and many of these are all sacred cows. It's like we can't even pet the dang cows to try and get them to move off the street kind of thing.

Living or dying is not the issue ... their words and work is. At least that's what I learned in the history of all the arts ... we don't sit here and cry because Shakespeare or Goethe are dead ... we love their words and work ... and that is what matters in the end.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 20:10
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

I had a dream Jon Anderson died last night

Oh no!!  

hugo1995 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hugo1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 12:46
I always dream of organs/pianos in my dream and the keybeds are never normal. They're always bent or on top of each other (similar to crooked teeth) but despite this I never realise I'm dreaming. I just try and play something and can't.
interests: Moon Safari, Gilgamesh, Egg, ELP, Soft Machine, Gong, Opeth (Everything pre watershed), Brighteye Brison, The Flower Kings
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 22:30
Yes.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 20:58
Iv'e had Prog dreams spelled backwards and a little differently ... Usually with an E at the end.  Then I get slapped and wake up.

Edited by Valdez1 - February 19 2024 at 20:59
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 19:36
I know I've dreamt that I was doing sound for ELP at one time. It was more of a blip within a dream full of blips. I don't dream like a TV show or anything. They tend to jump around a little.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 15:53
I had a dream Jon Anderson died last night

stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 16:27
A few pages back I posted a Prog Related dream I had about Deep Purple. Well, now I've had a Prog Related-Related dream about Whitesnake. Weird thing is I very rarely have ever listened to either one, aside from the inevitable radio exposure.

I went to see Witesnake. They were playing in what looked like a high school theater. The stage looked like Peewee’s Playhouse set. David Coverdale came out with a blue Telecaster and started singing a song about a boy who was the greatest guitarist in the world but he refused to play. He played a guitar solo and threw the guitar to the back of the stage but it turned into a cheap ‘80s special effect and spun off into the background. Neal Schon from Journey popped in on a balcony in the stage set and started singing about love and inclusiveness. I rolled my eyes and then realized he was looking right at me so I felt bad. Then David Coverdale dropped to his knees with his back to the audience and with his fists in the air sang “Why must you forsake your own hands!?” in the style of Charlton Heston. Neal Schon popped back in to sing some more, looking right at me. I turned to my friend and in my best gay voice said “it’s like he’s singing directly to ME!”  I said it way too loud and everyone heard it and half the theater laughed and the other half gave me a dirty look. I felt bad again.

I had the song "Here I Go Again" stuck in my head for several days before this dream. The music in the dream was based on that song. I really didn't know it was Whitesnake until I googled it afterward. As far as I knew it was Night Ranger or 38 Special or White Lion or Great White or Bon Jovi...
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2023 at 10:27
For quite a few years after Frank Zappa died, I was having the occasional recurring dream that he was actually still alive and having concerts in small venues.  In some he spoke to me.

Damn you, Steve Jobs, for putting the idea in my head!
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2023 at 07:31
I think once I had a dream of Steven Wilson visiting my school but that's about it I think.
D~B
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2023 at 12:05
Originally posted by Jacob Schoolcraft Jacob Schoolcraft wrote:

I've had dreams of holding Annie Haslam in my arms and kissing her romantically under the stars on the beach at night....or carrying her across the beach under the moonlight.

Now THAT'S what I'd call a dream!!  Clap

I think that the more time I spend on PA, the more likely I am to have a prog dream!!  I dreamt about Fripp a few days ago.  Nothing specific.  Better to have prog dreams than being in a plane crash!
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2023 at 07:09
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

I've had dreams of holding Annie Haslam in my arms and kissing her romantically under the stars on the beach at night....or carrying her across the beach under the moonlight.

I assume you've heard this?

No I haven't. I'm only familiar with the Mike Oldfield recording. I don't have Annie Haslam's solo releases. Shame on me. I have 12 Renaissance releases but not her solo recordings. I never realized she recorded Moonlight Shadow. Thanks for sharing this!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 21:32

I assume you've heard this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>