Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever had a prog dream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever had a prog dream?
    Posted: October 13 2020 at 04:53
I was just fast asleep, and dreamt that I was with a large group of guitar collectors (I am one myself).  I was asked to play a song, so I borrowed someone's electric and amp, found a microphone and this is what I played.   
It was a lovely little dream and I wanted to share!  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 05:08
Yes, I Dreamed Last Night I was hearing her voice. Heart

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 05:08
Strangely enough, last night I dreamt I was playing the bass for Pendragon (not sure where Peter Gee was) and I didn't know any of the songs. Fortunately my mate was playing guitar (again not sure why) and I got him to mouth the chords to me and it seemed to go ok.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 05:20
I don't recall ever having significant dreams about music, band members I've worked with, etc. But I always thought it would be cool to conjure up a Roger Dean landscape while slumbering and go exploring.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 05:23
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I don't recall ever having significant dreams about music, band members I've worked with, etc. But I always thought it would be cool to conjure up a Roger Dean landscape while slumbering and go exploring.

Spot on!
Welcome to the middle of the film.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 05:42

Well, angling after Schindleria Praematurus while bobbing on a topographic ocean cannot be a bad dream (not even for a landlubber like me) Approve. While awaken, I have seen trees (in Rome) which could have been a source of inspiration for Roger Dean's cover art.

Edited by someone_else - October 13 2020 at 05:45
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 05:45
Sadly, music doesn't seem to be a notable part of my dreams (or what I can remember of them), but three years ago when I was waiting for my trip to England to see a Steve Hackett show, I just knew that the man I saw briefly in my dream was Hackett even though I only saw him from behind, on a rural Finnish landscape. I woke up at that moment, so I didn't have a chance to have a chat with mr. Hackett.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 06:13
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Well, angling after Schindleria Praematurus while bobbing on a topographic ocean cannot be a bad dream (not even for a landlubber like me) Approve.
Talk about a wet dream.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 06:27
I fell back in my chair and landed in a hamper full of waffles. I looked to my left and the washing machine was smiling.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Homotopy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homotopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 06:45
My dreams are mainly avant-garde.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 07:10
I had a dream last night that I was eating a giant marshmallow whilst watching an IQ gig.
This morning I can't find my pillow anywhere.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 07:17
While sleeping I have played on stage with Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Patti Smith and others, but just last night I was showing the chords of a song just composed to Andy Latimer. It was something jazzy in C but I don't remember anything else.

...and thinking better, listening to Senmuth gives me a sensation of deja vu, like I've listened to his albums in dreams. Bark Of Ra in particular.

Edited by octopus-4 - October 13 2020 at 07:19
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 07:43
I know when I have a prog dream......it goes on forever!
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 07:58
I once had a dream where I was listening to a jazz rock/fusion song. It was an original part that my mind composed/improvised I guess. Nothing groundbreaking, but it could easily have been off of a 3-3.5 starred album here.

Edited by Shadowyzard - October 13 2020 at 07:59
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 07:59
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I know when I have a prog dream......it goes on forever!
Well you only listen to LP'S, so it could only last one side. 25 minutes, max?
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 08:01
I listened to the Renaissance song "Deja Vu" as I drifted off to sleep last night, but when I woke up, I realised I'd listened to the same song the previous night too. Wacko

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 13 2020 at 09:54
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 09:51
Last night I dreamt that Carl Plmer played Toccata with his hands all over my body.
The appointment with my therapist is tomorrow. Wacko
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 09:51
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

I fell back in my chair and landed in a hamper full of waffles. I looked to my left and the washing machine was smiling.
Ah...so an early Genesis dream then.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 14:27
Yes

Signed

Poor Little Nemo.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 14:44
Yes, But it was 20 minutes long & it was in 7/8 time.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>