Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever had a prog dream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 15:45
I had a dream a year ago, that I saw in concert the classic Tull line up, John Evans, Martin Barre, Ian Anderson, Barriemore Barlow and Jeffrey Hammond Hammond. After the concert, I got the meet them all. IO wish I had not waken up.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 16:06
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

I don't recall ever having significant dreams about music, band members I've worked with, etc. But I always thought it would be cool to conjure up a Roger Dean landscape while slumbering and go exploring.

Well, angling after Schindleria Praematurus while bobbing on a topographic ocean cannot be a bad dream (not even for a landlubber like me) Approve.
Talk about a wet dream.

Spot on! LOL
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2020 at 21:35

I don't recall ever having significant dreams about music, band members I've worked with, etc. But I always thought it would be cool to conjure up a Roger Dean landscape while slumbering and go exploring.

LOL, reminds me of my university days (1973-77)!  We had pills (LSD) to do that type of thing!!  I only tried them a couple of times, but I know others who used them frequently.  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 00:23
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

Yes, But it was 20 minutes long & it was in 7/8 time.  Wink

LOL Clap!

I've had a couple. Usually on stage with a favorite band. Love that!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 08:23
I once had a dream where I walked into a restaurant that was owned by Peter Hammill. 
He got upset about something and I thought he wanted me to leave, so I did. 
I was super starstruck and embarrassed that I did something to annoy him, even though I had no idea what that was.

I've also dreamed that Phil Collins was sitting across my kitchen table, chatting to me. I made some dumb remark about how I didn't like his music after 1980 and he got quiet and then left.

Naturally, in my own dreams, I'm always the nuisance LOL
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
MelindasFace2112 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelindasFace2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 09:12
I've had three or four dreams where I was hanging out with the members of King Gizzard 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 09:23
Yes. Several. I've had dreams where I met musicians, been to concerts(especially Yes concerts), festivals, etc. I had one dream where I went to see Yes and was hanging out with Jon Anderson and he and I were friends and chatting like we knew each other really well. I actually did meet him once before that. In fact the one time I met him I told him about a dream I had where he and I were both on stage with Yes playing keyboards but we were playing the same keyboard. In the dream he tells me to move over. I told him this and we both recreated it by playing air keyboards with him telling me "yeah, move over." LOL 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 14 2020 at 09:24
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 09:27
^ That sounds pretty cool. I never met Anderson but he sounds pretty cool too.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
FatherChristmas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatherChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 09:41
Just remembered - I once had a dream when I was chatting with, of all non-proggy people, Johnny Rotten. I was not myself. We were actually talking about how bad and over pretentious prog is - especially when I said Genesis was the worst of all. Then he crossed out Pink Floyd on his "I hate Pink Floyd" shirt and swapped it for Genesis.
But then, less of a prog dream, and more reminiscent of a Father Anti-Christmas dream.
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence" - Robert Fripp
"I am an anti-Christ" - Johnny Rotten
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 09:58
Hmmm...Freud would have a field day with some these dreams! LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 16:39
If I could play a tenth as well as I can play and compose in my dreams I would be the star of this site. Star Unfortunately, I have never been able to capture those abilities consciously. Also, I once dreamt I was Robin Trower. Smile
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 16:58
Can't say I have ever had any dream about music concerts/musicians.....not sure if any prog rock played in any of my dreams. 
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
ForestFriend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ForestFriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 18:03
I had a dream about Rush playing some high school gymnasium... I'm talking modern Rush that could fill an arena, not the old early 70s Rush that would've played that kind of venue. For some reason, Neil Peart got up and started playing flute. Must have gotten him confused with Ian Anderson...
Replayer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Replayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 18:10
Not a prog dream, but a musical dream nonetheless: earlier this year, I dreamt I was at a Deep Purple Mark II concert.

Also, this I had a dream/nightmare where I was supposed to play keyboards on stage with a couple of friends, but I didn't know the setlist Stern Smile. This is a variation on my usual nightmare of having to take a final exam for a college course I didn't attend.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 18:36
Originally posted by ForestFriend ForestFriend wrote:

I had a dream about Rush playing some high school gymnasium... I'm talking modern Rush that could fill an arena, not the old early 70s Rush that would've played that kind of venue. For some reason, Neil Peart got up and started playing flute. Must have gotten him confused with Ian Anderson...

A very ambitious crossover, I must say.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 21:15
OP here, thanks, your replies have exceeded my wildest dreams!!  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 02:39
I have had a nightmare where I was asked to play keyboards on stage with IQ as a last minute replacement...

And also I once dreamt that I was playing rugby union for Ireland in the Six Nations championship, and scored a try - and with me in the back row was Mike Holmes of IQ! We are 2 very unlikely rugby players...and why Ireland? I'm English, have lived in Scotland and now Wales, and have visited France and Italy, but never set foot in Ireland 😂
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 02:50
No. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 05:57
I have been having some weird dreams lately but not a prog dream Tongue
Woon Deadn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woon Deadn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2020 at 15:23
I am probably too pragmatic if not cynical in my 37 years, too non-sentimental these days. 

I still have a semi-dream of creating the all-in-one huge Gentle Giant box: CDs, videos, books, playing cards, computer games, mobile apps, what else. Sure, stuff like mobile apps has to be made before its inclusion in the boxset... 

Edited by Woon Deadn - October 15 2020 at 15:24
Favourite Band: Gentle Giant
Favourite Writer: Robert Sheckley
Favourite Horror Writer: Jean Ray
Favourite Computer Game: Tiny Toon - Buster's Hidden Treasure (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>