Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever had a prog dream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SolNiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2021 at 05:04
Many years ago I dreamed I was at a record store checking out some CDs with the guys from Sigur Rós. We were pals, apparently. Nice blokes.
All is but God in God to God revealed;
and so all is, for naught but God is real.
Rrattlesnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rrattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2021 at 15:01
i had another one last night.

Marillion had put out a new single called “Tel Aviv” and it sounded… well… just like any modern Marillion song.
brainstormer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainstormer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2021 at 12:38
I'm one of those people who has had probably 50 or more dreams with prog rock members involved.  Mostly Keith Emerson because of my early interest in keyboards, but also members of Genesis, Yes and Peter Hammill, Christian Vander and probably others.  Funnily enough I've had dreams with Mick Jagger and David Bowie even though I've never bought any of their albums and not a big Bowie fan.   They were nice friendly people in the dream and we got along well.  I became a big fan of Stereolab around 1998 and had dreams with them as well as Belle and Sebastian who I also got into around the same time. 

Edited by brainstormer - September 19 2021 at 13:43
--
Robert Pearson
Regenerative Music http://www.regenerativemusic.net
Telical Books http://www.telicalbooks.com
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2021 at 18:04
Hi,

I have several, but I am not comfortable sharing them yet. I have written them all down, and if I get this done right, it will make a book of some sort. I even remember some conversations, although in most cases it seems like the situations play out by themselves.  

Don't think I ever said anything silly, although (not in a dream, but in Eugene OR), during warm up Mike was trying out the fixes on his bass (the most beat up thing I ever have seen!), and 5 minutes later he asked ... is it too bass'y? ... and I said what would rock'n'roll be without the bass'y? Kind of a silly remark from me, but it wasn't too bass'y and he stayed with those levels and EQ. This was the tour that had Pierre in it, and the bass'y "style" for GONG fit better, and it made the band sound "heavier" instead of it crisp and with a jazz'y tone (Pip) or the tripping feel (the Soul2Soul drummer) in the three times I saw them!

For the book, Daevid Allen has a lot of moments. Not to mention that I really enjoyed yapping along with him, and he was a joy to spend time with. Gilly was also fantastic.

Edited by moshkito - September 18 2021 at 18:06
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 00:58
I've been having odd dreams about Bob Fripp lately....last one, I needed to drive Bob and Toyah from downtown Chicago to O'Hare Airport.  However, I forgot the route to drive there, so we started walking, dragging our luggage and Bob's gear with us.  

I wish there was a way to record dreams!!  

Edited by cstack3 - September 19 2021 at 00:58
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 01:02
The only one I can think of involved me going to a Kansas concert with someone I only knew from a different internet forum. I really don't know why I would have that dream since I didn't really know that person too well in the first place and Kansas isn't a band I'm even very interested in seeing live anyway.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2021 at 02:54
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

The only one I can think of involved me going to a Kansas concert with someone I only knew from a different internet forum. I really don't know why I would have that dream since I didn't really know that person too well in the first place and Kansas isn't a band I'm even very interested in seeing live anyway.

Thanks!  Who knows where dreams come from?  I've seen Kansas live twice....first time, they took the place of Queen to back up Mott the Hoople.  They were very energetic, this was the time of their first LP.  Second time, I wasn't as interested in them.  

I dream a LOT about King Crimson and Fripp....probably because I watch so many videos of them, read about them etc.  

In any event, sweet dreams!!  

HeyItsJustJP View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyItsJustJP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2021 at 16:31
I think I had a dream that I was on stage with Dream Theater once. I was supposed to be playing with them, but couldn't find anything that I could keep up with.

Ended up prancing around the stage like a backup dancer during the show. Still had a good timeLOL
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2021 at 17:27
I once dreamt that I met up with Robert Wyatt at a pub, and over an ale we had a laid back conversation about Marxism and related things.  My dreams tend not to be of the more traditionally exciting ilk.
theultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2021 at 17:53
Originally posted by HeyItsJustJP HeyItsJustJP wrote:

I think I had a dream that I was on stage with Dream Theater once. I was supposed to be playing with them, but couldn't find anything that I could keep up with.

Ended up prancing around the stage like a backup dancer during the show. Still had a good timeLOL

LOL!  Thanks, great dream!!  I don't think many could keep up with DT, they are some of the fastest in the business!!  Welcome to PA!!  Clap
Beautiful Scarlet View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 09:09
unfortunately I’ve never been able to recall dreams
Music Music Music
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2021 at 22:32
Originally posted by Beautiful Scarlet Beautiful Scarlet wrote:

unfortunately I’ve never been able to recall dreams

Welcome to PA! 

I have the opposite problem - I dream in full color, elaborate dreams with plots/sub-plots, many characters etc.

Some I can trace to recent events, others are out of the blue.  I talk to my friends about them, they are a source of hilarity!  
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 12:04
Well, I had a doozy! 

I play guitar & bass, and one of the songs I often play is "Red" by King Crimson.  It is much fun!

Last night, I dreamt that I played it on bass before RF, Wetton, and Bruford!  They were very appreciative!  

I also asked Bob what the meaning of "Sunday All Over the World" was, and he was his typically vague self. 

RIP John Wetton, it was nice to dream about him.  I saw this band in concert on April 10, 1973 in Chicago.  
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 14:13
Haven't had many music-related dreams, and don't remember them well. Not sure why.(???Unhappy)
The only ones I can vaguely remember are having to go perform (usually piano) and not remembering the music well enough, and panicking over it, and/or trying whatever I could improvise and hoping the audience would like it.

In contrast I've had hundreds of dreams about floating, going to bizarre tournaments for chess and scrabble, with detailed board positions (I've been involved in these kinds of game tournaments), scary/bizarre natural disasters (esp. floods), awkward social situations, and an occasional lucid dream, (where I'm aware I'm dreaming just before waking up).

Edited by zwordser - September 27 2021 at 14:14
Z
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 17:45
Originally posted by zwordser zwordser wrote:

Haven't had many music-related dreams, and don't remember them well. Not sure why.(???Unhappy)
The only ones I can vaguely remember are having to go perform (usually piano) and not remembering the music well enough, and panicking over it, and/or trying whatever I could improvise and hoping the audience would like it.

In contrast I've had hundreds of dreams about floating, going to bizarre tournaments for chess and scrabble, with detailed board positions (I've been involved in these kinds of game tournaments), scary/bizarre natural disasters (esp. floods), awkward social situations, and an occasional lucid dream, (where I'm aware I'm dreaming just before waking up).

Thanks for sharing!  

It is interesting how dreams seem to come in clusters - why the hell I keep dreaming about Fripp is beyond me!  I don't listen to much Crimson lately, but I see him and Toyah online all the time with their Sunday sessions. 

Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 17:52
Last night I saw TCat (Mike) in my dream. It was very bizarre. I was in Canada, but sort of a fantastical version of it. There were bad characters in that, but Mike was a good fellow there (as he is here). One of my most memorably weird dreams. It could be counted as a scary nightmare for some, but I barely get scared in my dreams and real life.

Edited by Shadowyzard - September 27 2021 at 17:53
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2021 at 18:07
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Well, I had a doozy! 

I play guitar & bass, and one of the songs I often play is "Red" by King Crimson.  It is much fun!

Last night, I dreamt that I played it on bass before RF, Wetton, and Bruford!  They were very appreciative!  

I also asked Bob what the meaning of "Sunday All Over the World" was, and he was his typically vague self. 

RIP John Wetton, it was nice to dream about him.  I saw this band in concert on April 10, 1973 in Chicago.  
Oh, to have seen that tour!
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2021 at 00:25
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

Well, I had a doozy! 

Oh, to have seen that tour!

Indeed!  The only member of that band I never met in person was John Wetton, RIP.  

Interestingly, Peter Frampton's band "Frampton's Camel" opened for KC!!  It was a great show!!  

I still email with RF on rare occasions, but he has been very busy, with the tour plans etc.  He has an amazingly wry & wicked sense of humor!  
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2021 at 10:22

Well, I had a doozy! 

You saw Crimso' in '73? That's huge.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
HeyItsJustJP View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyItsJustJP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2021 at 10:32
I just had a dream a few nights ago that I was walking around the shopping mall, and I came upon Mike, Tony and Phil (Genesis) hanging around the mall santa, chatting it up. I tried running up to go talk to them (specifically Mike as he just seemed really friendly), but woke up before I could get there.

Dream Interpretation? I wanted to see Genesis this tour, but wasn't able to make any of their showsWacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>